since when does Disney enterprises own x-men evolution?

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

nappy

Sep 23, 2016
Ratings
9 2
Disney Enterprises has apparently claimed copyright over X-Men: Evolution.

Is this a sign we could FINALLY be getting season 4 on DVD?

MOD NOTE: Post edited. Please do not mention, post or link to illegally uploaded full episodes of any show.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,136 4
177A Bleecker Street
Marvel has either owned X-Men Evolution from the start or for a very long time. WB lost the right to distribute it on home video a long time ago as well. The show was initially distributed by Warner, so you'd see the WB distribution screen after the Film Roman and Marvel Films production logos on the original airings and on the DVDs. That was replaced with the default Marvel Animation for at least 10 years, as far back as when it was on Hulu and Netflix or when the entire series was available for free viewing on Marvel's YouTube page.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,136 4
177A Bleecker Street
does this mean disney could finally be releasing season 4 and releasing the show on blu ray?
They haven't released any Marvel Animation DVDs in years, especially for a series that ended that long ago. There have never been any HD versions of Evolution available either, so the chances for a Blu Ray release seem especially slim.

Wouldn't this have happened when Disney acquired the rights to all of Fox's Marvel properties? I mean that is how they got the X-Men movie catalog, why not the animated shows as well?
Disney still hasn't acquired anything from Fox yet and Fox doesn't have ownership of anything animated related to Marvel.

Last edited:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,136 4
177A Bleecker Street
They aired it daily on Disney XD before Marvel Universe started, when they stopped airing any Marvel show made before Earth's Mightiest Heroes. They've also had the Marvel Entertainment embargo in place for the past few years. Eventually securing the X-Men movie rights at Disney will probably lead to Marvel wanting to put the characters in cartoons again or putting the old series, like Evolution, back out there.

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ratings
128 11
Ohio
It was weird that Warner ever had the rights to the series to begin with. They own Marvel's biggest competitor, which means having rights to a Marvel series is a COI (they still own the H-B F4 cartoons since you know, they're H-B, but since Disney is buying Fox which owns the 60s Batman stuff WB can trade the Marvel and Star Wars stuff they own the rights to to Disney for the 60s Batman stuff).

JaredCap43™

Forever, Fight as One!
May 11, 2016
Ratings
396 5
Baltimore, MD
I am wondering if this show was originally intended to air on Fox Kids. It's possible that the show may have been planned to air there, but due to the block's dwindling ratings, the show ended up airing on Kids WB instead. Is that possible?

Mar 11, 2017
Ratings
31 1
Memphis, Tennessee
The series that was going to be done with Donald Glover was shelved but I'm hoping that they eventually go forward with a Deadpool series.

It sounds to me like just the Glover brothers involvement in the project has been terminated.
I see no reason to believe a similar project is not still being pursued.