Should Zoom and Fetch! have been broadcast in other foreign countries besides the USA and Canada?

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Jonathan Teka, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Jonathan Teka

Jonathan Teka New Member

No one's posted this, so I will. I'm here to ask this question: Should the PBS/WGBH shows Zoom and Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman have aired in other foreign countries besides the USA and Canada? I think they should've. If not, let me know.

2. Rabbitearsblog

Rabbitearsblog Well-Known Member

I think that there should be a lot of shows on PBS that should air in other countries. The thing is though is if the other countries would like such shows like Ruff Ruffman and Zoom. They might, but we can't be too sure.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

Both shows apparently had some kind of obstacle that prevented these shows from being exported - the fact that they focused on American activities, perhaps? Especially on Zoom. I couldn't see any problem in the exportation of Fetch!.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Jonathan Teka

Jonathan Teka New Member

That's probably why the show never aired in your country, Portugal. Which got me thinking...
    1. Which networks would you have to love to see Zoom and Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman on in Portugal?
    2. How did you know those two shows?

5. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

I knew both shows from the PBS Kids website. Technically both shows could have been shown on RTP 2 here, which has already aired many PBS Kids shows in the past.