Should TeenNick be a 24/7 channel

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Micahel Cataldo, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Micahel Cataldo

Micahel Cataldo Active Member

TeenNick should be a 24/7 channel meaning NickSplat would move to Nickelodeon. What do you guys think?

2. jaylop97

jaylop97 Nickelodeon Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Without the splat there really wouldn't be much in store for it.

3. Micahel Cataldo

^I'm just saying NickSplat would move to Nickelodeon.

4. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

I wanted Splat to replace N@N but that is unlikely..

5. D-nice is the man.

Well, NickSplat is considered a programming block on TeenNick not it's own channel like Nick at Nite is so yes, it's a 24/7 channel.

6. Micahel Cataldo

I really hope the channel gets its variety back.

7. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

I honestly think the channel should just be rebranded as NickSplat or Nick Rewind. They could keep running past Nickelodeon shows such as Drake and Josh, iCarly, and Zoey 101 as well as older Nicktoons.

8. jaylop97

jaylop97 Nickelodeon Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

As much as a good idea that may sound the problem is most shows will get old eventually after countless reruns which is the current problem they face still.

9. JTOONSAnimation

JTOONSAnimation Active Member

IMO, Nicktoons and TeenNick should just merge into "NickTOO" since they air programming Nick is/supposed to be airing. And have NickSplat be a channel that airs programming prior to 2005.

10. Action!

Action! Active Member

I think TeenNick should be the same.

11. RandomMe

RandomMe Bloo

Technically I think that TeenNick should stay as it is.

12. Rabbitearsblog

Rabbitearsblog Well-Known Member

I personally think that Nick Splat should get its own channel. There's too many older Nickelodeon shows that haven't shown up in the rotation for awhile due to the block getting shorter and they keep airing the same shows over and over again instead of rotating between different shows. I understand that the shows they are showing have the highest ratings and the block wants to milk it for all its worth, but that means some older shows will be forgotten and Nick Splat having its own channel will allow many shows to get in on the spotlight.

13. Spacething7474

Spacething7474 Sharks Swords Yogurt Kicks Fries Phone Tub YEAH.

Probably not, considering they would most likely spam the same shows more. Plus, they were 24/7 from 2008-2011.

14. AnimaniacNutso

AnimaniacNutso Well-Known Member

I'm honestly not sure about TeenNick or NickSplat getting their own network. The main reason (and I know this is an odd reason) but it's Nick GAS. The channel that played all the Nick Game Shows. However, as the years went on, many of the shows were taken off and in the last few years of the channel, the channel was mostly built on Legends of the Hidden Temple, Double Dare 2000, and Figure it Out, with some airings of Nickelodeon GUTS and Get the Picture sprinkled in and 2 airings of Nick Arcade at 4 in the morning. There's a reason the channel went defunct on December 31, 2007 and was replaced with TeenNick

15. Rabbitearsblog

I think the same thing is happening with Nick Splat. They are airing the same shows like Hey Arnold!, Rugrats, Doug and Kenan and Kel over and over again, even though when they first started out, they were airing different kinds of shows. If Nick Splat keeps on airing the same shows again and won't show any variety in their schedule, then they will go defunct just like Nick GAS.

16. AnimaniacNutso

I agree. They didn't even really air much Halloween content this year. I'm honestly pretty amazed NickSplat has been going on for 6 years as the block used to be The 90s Are All That

17. Rabbitearsblog

I guess Nick Splat is still making money off of the shows they are constantly airing and with the case of Nick GAS, the shows broadcasted on those were probably not having high ratings.

18. AnimaniacNutso

Yeah. I'm guessing that's why NickSplat is still on. I do like that they're playing Rocko currently since there's an upcoming movie of that show

19. JTOONSAnimation

JTOONSAnimation Active Member

The last time TeenNick aired 24 hours was on October 4, 2015, (aka. The last day of "The 90's Are All That"). I say that because TeenNick was pretty much in control of the block from 2011-15, "The 90's" block was just a small name TeenNick used for the shows, but overall it was TeenNick.

With, The Splat, it seemed more like TeenNick had no control over it, since there were no TeenNick promos during the block and the content or commericials were similar to the one you'd see on Adult Swim or Nick at Nite.

Even today, NickSplat is treated as a seperate entity from TeenNick, so technically speaking you could say TeenNick only runs for 17 hours a day.

But in general, no, TeenNick shouldn't become a 24 hour network. Its lineup isn't really "teen focused" like it used to be. It just airs the sitcoms that Nickelodeon should be airing, along with reruns of old Dan Schneider shows. TeenNick should just stay the way it is, but I do prefer that the 10PM hour go back to NickSplat, I don't understand why TeenNick took it back in the first place.

20. Rabbitearsblog

Yeah, it's a good thing they are showing Rocko in preparing for the movie. I wonder if NickSplat will give the same treatment to Invader Zim or any other Nicktoon?