Screw The Litton Family!

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Vaughn B., May 27, 2016.

?

Are you sick and tired of The Litton's invasion?

1. Oh Heck Yes!

60.0%
  2. No Way Jose!

20.0%
  3. Uh? What?

20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaughn B.

Vaughn B. Member

I Don't need facts let alone fear logic, i'm telling the truth & it comes from the <3 of a true Weekday, Saturday, & Sunday morning fan who grew up in the days of TNBC, ABC & Disney's One Saturday Morning, Fox Kids Children's Television Network, UPN Kids, BKN, & Kids' WB! & live to tell about it.

2. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So you don't need facts, yet you claim that you're telling the truth at the same time? Truth and facts kind of go together. You can't dismiss one while embracing the other like this. I grew up watching Saturday morning blocks too, but this now coming off more like blind nostalgia.

3. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Vaughn's blindly venting, judging from his threads. Not thinking before writing is never good.

4. lunadraws94

lunadraws94 Turning this forum's head since 2016!

Litton's truly invaded the dial in the last several years. Look at what blocks they have as of this fall:
    Weekend Adventure (ABC): 3 hours (fulfills requirement)
    The CBS Dream Team: It's EPIC! (no it isn't): 3 hours (fulfills requirement)
    One Magnificent Morning (CW): 5 hours (fulfills requirement, but those extra 2 hours, plus whatever extra E/I a given station has should go)
    The More You Know (NBC): 3 hours (you're probably going to guess why)
    Go Time (independents or whatever tiny stations there are out there): 3 hours (no surprise here)

That totals up to 17 HOURS of so-called gold-standard educational programming taking up the airwaves every weekend. I have no idea why and how this company is making money from all of these shows given their tiny budget. But aren't non-fiction shows cheap to make anyway?

5. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon The Christmas Cretin

discovery family is considered a major kids network? That channel's just an open grave that's waiting for a coffin.

They are amazingly cheap. Litton will never take over the major kids networks, but its kind of sad how kids without cable, streaming, or video games are basically just being subjected to narrated b-roll that's labelled entertainment.

6. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

This thread is flamebait, serving no other purpose then for some people to vent and then for fights to break out between forum members.

Thread closed.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.