Saban Talkback: End Of A Legacy - Saban Talkback V7

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Light Lucario, Jun 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

So NickAndMore is reporting this in their ZEXAL episode list:

http://www.kidstvinfo.com/eplists/nktn/yu-gi-oh-zexal.txt

The "An Imperfect Couple" episodes will air February 1. Reportedly, that's after LBX finishes its first season. So I guess they haven't given up on it yet. As I somewhat suspected, it seems like they just toned it down to focus on LBX and Korra (the latter of which replaced its weekday strip).

2. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Here if I feel like it

I didn't even think they were done with it, I kinda find it funny that some people just jumped the gun because of a hiatus and little reruns (I mean come on, they at least still aired it).

3. RDG

RDG Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

AND the constant changes in timeslots. I still think they'll give up on it eventually.

4. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

They aired it, but they also had fewer airings on the channel, from what I've heard at least, and moved back all the way to the first episode when they still hadn't aired all of season two. I don't really see that's jumping the gun, especially when they aren't even close to where the CW airings left off and they're far behind the Hulu airings. I think that it's an understandable conclusion to come to and Nick's overall treatment to third party shows doesn't make it too unlikely either. I could see them giving up on it too. Their treatment doesn't inspire a lot of confidence that they want to keep airing Yu-Gi-Oh! series on their lineup.

5. RDG

LBX, Korra, AND Digimon.

6. Mohji

Mohji Member

Meanwhile in Canada, Teletoon has been airing North American TV premiere episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal for some time now. Episode 123, "Assimilation, Part 2" premiered this past Saturday.

I suppose it kind-of-not-really makes up for our lack of access to Hulu.

7. Thepowerofnone

Thepowerofnone Active Member

They are still far behind from the CW and Hulu episodes. I think the hiatus is just a sign that Nicktoons has no desire to air a Yugioh series.

8. RDG

Then we better hope they give up on it THIS year; the U.S. networks don't deserve an anime franchise like this anymore.

#688 RDG, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2015
  9. PokemonTVDub

PokemonTVDub Member

I actually have all 52 episodes of Magi-Nation recorded off Netflix.

10. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

.....I seriously hope recording shows off Netflix isn't something a lot of people are doing.

11. DonkeyKongSong

Actually, at the beginning of the year, they had more airings on the network, four as opposed to two. However, around the time Korra became a web/Nicktoons exclusive, they took off its weekday strip for said show. That does make we wonder if its strip will return when LBX finishes up its season.

I'm also starting to think it was a rights issue, too. Given how they're speeding through LBX (airing three episodes as the season finale) it's possible they got the issue resolved and now that they can air more they're speeding through so they can use the slot for more ZEXAL. They actually did the same thing with the end of Digimon Fusion Arc 1 before it was replaced by ZEXAL and LBX.

The thing is, they can't just "give up on it" until the rights expire. Doing so would result in massive termination fees, if my business knowledge is correct. It all depends on what the original contract said.

Digimon has had the same level of focus throughout, with a weekday strip and some weekend airings. Nothing's really changed there.

As long as people aren't sharing it online illegally or selling it to make money, I don't really see the problem if they're just keeping it for their own enjoyment. Netflix is basically a TV network now to many, and it's just like DVRing a show or recording it on a VHS was back in the day. And just like networks, contracts expire. BBC's contract will expire at the end of the months, Viacom's was an earth-shattering one, and in the particular case of Magi-Nation, it happened when Cookie Jar was sold to DHX Media. It's gone now. Netflix is a great service, but with all these contracts and whatnot, I see no problem in recording shows off of it so long as no illegal actions or dirty money is made from it.

12. RDG

Kinda looks like the rights to air the Yu-Gi-Oh! shows have been expiring for some time now.

13. DonkeyKongSong

I'm not exactly certain how this works, but I think that's how third party acquisitions work on networks. They have it for a certain amount of time and when the contract expires they can't air it anymore. The 4Kids blocks were really the only networks that could air the Yu-Gi-Oh! series for free because it was their property at the time. All other networks that aired Yu-Gi-Oh! in the US acquired it, then the contract ran out.

14. RDG

So, Digimon Fusion Season 1 will be released on DVD on Feb. 10, 2015.

15. Thepowerofnone

Thepowerofnone Active Member

16. RDG

Nick's website has put up the very first ep. of Power Rangers Dino Charge

17. DonkeyKongSong

Apparently Nick and/or Saban challenged Twitter used to retweet a post about it 100 times. Looks like they won.

18. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Invincible

Do we have ANY idea when season 2 will be airing?

19. RDG

They said it would air sometime this year. I'm betting on this spring/summer.

20. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

So, this has gotten some publicity recently:
    [video=youtube;AcVGweMtJDY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcVGweMtJDY[/video]

It's apparently from 2013. Speculation right now is that this is test footage or a pitch from a Power Rangers animated film project that was never given the go-ahead. There's reason to believe this is (was?) a legitimate production. Firstly, the video was found on an artist's Vimeo account that credited production to Zagtoons. The owners of that company recently announced a new animation studio in partnership with Haim Saban and Saban Brands. Zagtoons are also producing Ladybug with Toei Animation. Saban Brands and Toei being the owners of the Power Rangers property. The clincher can be found in a trailer for the CG Ladybug TV series, where the Blue Ranger can be spotted on an ad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.