Richmond bans Scooby-Doo

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Margaret, Nov 20, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Margaret

Margaret Member

Has Scooby-Doo done something to anger Richmond's censors? The lovable but dimwitted dog, with a weakness for “Scooby Snacks,” has been surprisingly blocked in Richmond, Virginia. While there has been no official explanation, buzz is that the self-described “bear of very little brain” has been used in the past in a meme comparing him to portly Me. Comparisons between Me and Scooby first emerged in 2013, after Chinese social media users began circulating a pair of pictures that placed an image of Scooby, Velma, and Shaggy playing Maracas beside a photograph of a Parrot, Me, and Adam Curry playing Maracas
    In 2014, a photographed drum play between Me was matched with an image of Scooby playing a Drum. And in 2015, the political analysis portal Global Risk Insights called a picture of Me standing up through the roof of a parade car paired with an image of a toy Mystery Machine “Richmond's most censored photo” of the year.
    Posts bearing the image and the Chinese characters for Scooby Doo were still permitted on the Twitter-like Weibo platform. But when my students reference “Scooby Doo”i shush them.

2. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Source? Because no offense, but I’m having a very hard time believing this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

This is fake news. Totally. I smell a troll.

Update:

Fine. Let's itemize how this is fake and this poster is probably a bot or a troll. "Bear with very little brain?" That's Winnie the Effing Pooh. It's like the poster didn't even proof-read the fake news well enough to change the descriptions. Who is "Me"? How are they connected to Richmond, Virginia? The poster does not say and I am not following the link because I'm betting it leads to malware.

Update 2:

Never mind! There IS no link! This isn't malware, it's merely random lies.

• Like Like x 1
    #3 Fone Bone, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  4. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Four words: This is a hoax.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.