Princess Pi: "Sam Adams Vs. True Love" Talkback

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Princess Pi #15 - Sam Adams Vs. True Love (Page 1)

Two real-life events inspired this one. One was a story I heard offhand in eighth grade about this bratty girl who, among other statements, once walked into a room bemoaning the fact that she hadn't had a boyfriend in five days, or five hours, or some ridiculously short length of time (the exact number I have forgotten).

The other was....and I'm sorry if this is the first time you've heard about this....the small grouping of girls who were crushing on the Boston Marathon bomber. No, really. They insisted he was innocent and that the government framed him, because how could somebody so cute do such a thing? I suspect his placement on the Rolling Stone cover had to do with this, despite what they deny.

2. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Pffffft....well, I haven't had the time to complete the second half of this, and the Olympics comic has to run next week, no ifs, ands or buts.

If this comic went incomplete for a few weeks, would that bother anybody?

3. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

I personally have no problem with this comic getting put on hold for another one-I felt just that dumbfounded by the thought of teenage girls crushing on a terrorist.

4. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Cartoon Sushi

Piscataway has many supervillains, psychopaths and monsters, but out of everybody there, no one is more evil than Sam Adams. She is literally the most evil being there. She has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Writing for her is a lot of fun because I get to cram everything I hate about people into one character -- but often, I find I have to tone down her actions because she sometimes gets so horrible it ceases to be funny. I can't have her do some things people did to me.

This story was partially inspired by an article I read that was an eyewitness account of one evening where about a hundred teen girls swarmed into a department store and bought every Justin Bieber CD they had. The ringleader had all the CDs gathered into a giant garbage bag and they said it would all be donated to a hospital. Not money, not medicine....the CDs, as if anybody there would want one. They were doing it because Bieber was holding a concert in town, and they were hoping he would notice their gesture and visit them. It was compared to Linus waiting in the pumpkin patch. The whole story was truly bizarre and weirdly fascinating. Just raw teenage stupidity in the wild.

So then I thought, what if Bieber did visit that crowd? They probably would have trampled him to death. Then would they have held a mock trial in the supermarket to determine which of them was guilty of killing their god? It was going to be a standalone one-off comic originally, but it turned into a Princess Pi story once the Totally Nazis got involved.

5. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

The thought of teenage girls crushing on the Boston Marathon Bomber still makes me cringe, but I thought karma did a vastly entertaining job of biting Sam back in the second part of the story.