Pokemon 2018 Film - Attack on Titan Wit Studio Paints Next Movie

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by River26, Dec 11, 2017.

1. River26

River26 Well-Known Member

Titan's art studio will produce Pokemom 2018's visuals.

2. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

It looks like it could be a sequel to the previous film. I'm surprised we're not getting a Sun and Moon film yet, but this one has a lot of potential.

3. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think that information on the movie's site did confirm that this is a continuation of the previous movie. I'm pretty happy about this. I wanted a continuation of I Choose You, but I really didn't think we would get it. Since it was an anniversary celebration, it would have been easy to write it off as a one time deal and go back to how they normally handle movies, but I'm glad that they didn't. I love I Choose You a lot and continuing with that universe could be really interesting.

As far as not getting a SM movie goes, I'm actually okay with that. The Ultra Beasts and Legendary Pokemon would be better suited for the main series rather than being used as antagonists for the movies. There's also the number of characters. As neat as it would be to see Ash with his new friends in a movie adventure, they had a hard time giving any of his friends something to work with in most of the other movies, so the chances are pretty good that his friends in SM would fade into the background. Plus, they probably thought that they needed to do something different with the movies. The past few movies haven't really done that well in theaters, so maybe they thought that they needed to do something different to make more people interested in them. It does make it more interesting to speculate on what could happen in the movies. I don't know if they're just doing this for this generation or they'll keep this movie series going on longer than that, but that probably depends on what plans they have for the movie's storyline and especially how well they do financially. I'm pretty sure that the previous movie did at least generally better than the XY movies in Japanese theaters.

The teaser trailer was pretty nice. I don't know why they changed Ash's design when this is a continuation of the previous movie, but maybe it has to do with the studio helping them out. Either way, I do like Ash's design. It kind of makes me think of a mixture between his original design and his current SM design. I don't know who the girl could be, but she certainly has an interesting design. Given the scenery and especially the music at the end, Lugia could be featured in this movie to some extent. The previous movie made the Rainbow Wing a key plot point, so I wonder if they'd want to do something with the Silver Wing too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jaylop97

jaylop97 Nickelodeon Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It surprises me that they are avoiding a Sun and Moon movie, but regardless I am really interested in seeing where this movie goes, I really think that it does have a unique idea of being a sequel of the previous movie, if anything I think the movies are more deserving of their own separation from the show given how revisiting older moments in Pokemon does have some unique possibilities.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

If this is a loose remake of Movie 2, it's pretty funny this is the second time in a row Misty/Brock (or Tracey) were removed and replaced by new characters in eras of the anime they were in. The new girl is speculated to be a new design for Melody from Movie 2.

As for the SM characters likely not getting any movies now, it doesn't really matter. Most of Ash's companions barely do anything in the movies anyway. Brock was in like 12 movies and he barely did anything in any of them outside of battle Molly for like 2 minutes in Movie 3. Outside of the slight focus on a select few, Ash always plays the hero in the movies anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not sure if it would matter that much to people if they were replaced with new characters. Brock wasn't in the second movie, outside of a brief cameo. The main reason people were upset with the previous movie was because a lot of fans wanted Misty and Brock to be featured in a new movie adventure for the anime's anniversary. Not to mention people felt like they were forgotten once the new characters were revealed. Since Misty and Brock appeared in SM, I think that helped make some fans happy, so any backlash for new character will probably be minimal. If the new girl is this universe's version of Melody, that would be pretty interesting.

That's true. There are some rare cases where his friends play a more prominent role, but the movies generally focus on Ash. That's one reason why I don't really mind the idea of the SM characters not being in their own movies. It's kind of rough for big fans of SM and its cast, but the chances are pretty excellent that they'd end up fading into the background while Ash got to be the hero again. It isn't a huge loss and I greatly prefer seeing the movies doing something different. After the previous movie, I wanted them to keep going with this alternate universe concept and they seem to be doing just that.

• Like Like x 1