Pokémon Moves to Disney XD

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Mar 17, 2010
Ratings
645 1
Canada
Don't miss an awesome marathon of Pokémon animation on Monday, December 5, when Pokémon the Series begins its move to its new home on Disney XD. The marathon kicks off with the debut of Pokémon the Movie: Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel. In this stunning movie, Ash and the Mythical Pokémon Volcanion must join together for a mission to rescue Magearna from a foe who wants to use Magearna's mysterious power to take control of the kingdom!

The marathon continues with a sneak peek at Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon, the next exciting season of Pokémon animation coming to Disney XD next year. Watch Ash and friends take their first steps into the Alola region in the first two episodes of the upcoming season.

On the same day, head to Pokemon.com for the first chance to get the Mythical Pokémon Magearna, one of the stars of the new movie. Players who have already finished their Alola adventure can scan a QR Code to unlock the Pokémon in their Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon game with the new QR Scanner feature.
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pokemon-moves-to-disney-xd-with-a-big-movie-debut/

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ratings
1,487 13
New York
Yep, had a feeling CN would drop it, but didn't expect Disney to get it. Doraemon, Yo-Kai Watch, Beyblade Burst, and now Pokemon. I wonder if they'll get the sixth Yu-Gi-Oh series next?

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
May 25, 2010
Ratings
2,262 92
Cartoon Headquarters
Wow. CN really has become a joke if it can't even treat such a huge brand like Pokémon well. I guess action and anime, even in such limited form, on the network is a strict "no". That's just sad. They should just rename themselves Comedy Network, because apparently that's all they're capable of with thousands of toons available.

Not surprised Disney is getting it though. It only makes sense since DXD carries Pokémon in most international markets. Now DXD will carry it globally with the exception of Germany that airs it on Nick. But still, I'm somewhat in a shock despite not being a very big fan.

Thoughts @Light Lucario ?

PapaGreg

Drinking my sorrows
Nov 1, 2013
Ratings
1,324 7
Wow. CN really has become a joke if it can't even treat such a huge brand like Pokémon well. I guess action and anime, even in such limited form, on the network is a strict "no". That's just sad. They should just rename themselves Comedy Network, because apparently that's all they're capable of with thousands of toons available.

Thoughts @Light Lucario ?
Yep because Steven Universe, Adventure Time and OGTW are comedy also they are getting Justice League Action

Checkerboard

May 25, 2010
Ratings
2,262 92
Cartoon Headquarters
Let's be real here, please. You know very well what I mean. All of these are more comedy than adventure/action inside out. Everything CN is currently airing is. They're removing pure anime and action one show at a time and replacing it with comedy action/adventure/anime wannabees. They're all about "fun" at the core now and nothing else.

PapaGreg

Drinking my sorrows
Nov 1, 2013
Ratings
1,324 7
Let's be real here, please. You know very well what I mean. All of these are more comedy than adventure/action inside out. Everything CN is currently airing is. They're removing pure anime and action one show at a time and replacing it with comedy action/adventure/anime wannabees. They're all about "fun" at the core now and nothing else.
They show I listed are 50/50 comedy/adventure as for anime its not profitable anymore, more people are going to move into streaming sites and anime isn't really that profitable anymore

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
Oct 2, 2014
Ratings
303 3
Bedford, OH
twitter.com
Yep, had a feeling CN would drop it, but didn't expect Disney to get it. Doraemon, Yo-Kai Watch, Beyblade Burst, and now Pokemon. I wonder if they'll get the sixth Yu-Gi-Oh series next?
But DIsney X D dropped Doraemon last year, and we don't even know if there's gonna be another Yu-Gi-Oh! series

Sep 6, 2015
Ratings
2,257 14
They still have Transformers, Nexo Knights, Ninjago, the upcoming Ben 10, and Justice League action they aren't done with action orientated shows Just Yet.

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Ratings
5,062 36 1
Austin, Texas
That could explain by they would just stop airing XY on the 26.
Honestly this is a little sad for CN when you think about it, Pokemon was big for both CN/Boomerang because of how long has it been with both channels.

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ratings
1,487 13
New York
But DIsney X D dropped Doraemon last year, and we don't even know if there's gonna be another Yu-Gi-Oh! series
Doraemon is still on their app, and I believe it was Bang Zoom who declined to license a third season. And Yu-Gi-Oh is one of those series that seem to last forever, so I think a sixth series is inevitable.

Red Arrow :D

Proud Beneluxer
Oct 22, 2012
Ratings
3,369 66 1
Belgium
Steven Universe has more action than Pokémon, though.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Mar 17, 2010
Ratings
645 1
Canada
No one said they were going to stop airing it then. It may just be on break that week while CN airs another TTG marathon. We don't know what the week after that will look like, so it could come back then.
Much like Beyblade, Disney has acquired the broadcast rights to the entire franchise.

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Ratings
4,838 40
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com
Much like Beyblade, Disney has acquired the broadcast rights to the entire franchise.
I know that. What I don't know is if Cartoon Network will still finish XYZ. The one that's supposed to air on Saturday is still on the schedule. The week after that is TTG and after that is unknown. I know it's pretty much done on CN, but I don't know what will happen with the rest of XYZ.

Checkerboard

May 25, 2010
Ratings
2,262 92
Cartoon Headquarters
They still have Transformers, Nexo Knights, Ninjago, the upcoming Ben 10, and Justice League action they aren't done with action orientated shows Just Yet.
2 Lego shows (toyetic), 1 Transformers show (toyetic) and 2 reboots (more comedic than original with so-so action) won't cut it. That's basically nothing compared to 5, 10, 15, 20 years ago. Anime and action on CN is no more. That's just a sad fact.

Steven Universe has more action than Pokémon, though.
Really? You sure? Even if that statistically was the case, Steven definitely isn't perceived nor promoted as an action series whereas Pokémon is. Pokémon = battles = action. Steven? Not so much. Even if Pokémon has many fillers it's still closer to action first than Steven which is more about adventure imo.