Please help me find the title

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Apr 11, 2017
Ratings
I saw this on a VHS tape of recorded shows, trying to locate this tape. I saw this in 1994-1995 approx, but this short is probably from the 40s-60s. I cannot remember much of this short, but this is all I can remember, a male character who looked much like a male witch, probably a wizard or a warlock, black robe and hood, and all, we could only see his face, was sprinkling something onto the ground to make I think gold. At times, he brought his arms to his face, much like a vampire sneakily does (I do not think he was a vampire). It was nighttime if I remember right and we could see him outside a lit barn, I cannot remember any other characters. The animation was much similar to the Comicolor cartoons and Disney's A Cowboy Needs a Horse. It is not the King Midas Silly Symphonies short, it is not the Humpty Dumpty short that was Betty Boop style, or the Aladdin and the Magical Lamp Comicolor short (quite similar animation though). Someone suggested the wizard was Gargamel from the Smurfs, but the character was much taller and had a deeper singing voice, think of the card suits from Disney's Alice in Wonderland (50s one) during Painting the Roses Red. Can anyone please help me? This is driving me nuts. Many thanks.

Edited: I just watched the 1949 Noveltoon titled Leprechaun's Gold, not saw it, but quite similar though. No one knows this?

Last edited:

Brandanman

Apr 11, 2017
Ratings
It is the 1949 Terrytoon, Happy Valley (Aesop's Fables). I located my VHS tape, which of course had it, but I saw it on You-tube and it turns out I was not the only one searching for it for ages.