" Pickle and Peanut" News and Dicussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by MDawg, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Triant

Triant Member

And they have every right to be angry (not violent). Because this cartoon is terrible; the voices are ear-grating, the animation makes Newgrounds circa 2002 look like a Disney Reniasaance (sp) feature film; and the stories are 'random things happen because lol!random'

It is 2016. We can do better than this.

There should not be any death threats; that is just wrong. However, apparently, Johnny Pemberton can disparage those who dislike the show and get no comeuppance. (There's an article about this on Cartoon Brew; however, I will not link it here since some of the language (by Pemberton) would be inappropriate as per the rules of this forum).

• Like Like x 2
  2. becausepotatoes

becausepotatoes The loudest and proudest

I thought you liked WOY.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 19MagiswordLane

19MagiswordLane Toonzone's Crooner of Carnage, babe!

Also, Pop/Vinyl figures are a thing now:

[​IMG]

#63 19MagiswordLane, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  4. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

... And you think you're wrong?? Please continue NOT to do so, please. Disney XD needs to be spending a lot more money toward utilizing a lot more resources in their TV animation department, as well as finding people with actual talent to make new material with - not a bunch of 5th - rates like the guys behind Fish Hooks, or also recently, putting out crap like Future-Worm, thanks to people on a similarly bad level to be noticed on...

It's a good enough show (not just for its effective use of Flash, either.) - but it just ain't the best (like everyone else seems to think it is.), honestly. I'll be blunt (if only to get off subject about talking about garbage like PnP...):
    I mostly like the show for Silvia, Lord Hater and Peepers (although both characters have suffered in quality for me after Season 1...). Wander has his moments, but that orange tumbleweed just plain annoys me to no end and drags things down for me, overall (there's only so much good one can do, after all, as much as the show wants to show us that...).

Oh, and have you seen how many comments I've made by now about how much I just plain hate Dominator (not because she's a villain you can love to have, but just someone I can't stand seeing on my screen after awhile!)??? Yeah. UGH.

#64 I.R. Shokew, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  5. thomas2313412

thomas2313412 Active Member

Hey guys,I tried to find the streaming videos for the last few episodes of pickle and peanut but they didn't show up,Though wikipedia says that What Lies Beneath and "The Rat King Moves In aired on July 18, 2016 while the season finale "Austarlia" aired on July 25, 2016.

and there is no official news mention whether if pickle and peanut will be renewed for season 2 or not,Could this be a sign that this series will (hopefully) be cancelled?

#65 thomas2313412, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  6. jaylop97

jaylop97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think they would probably end by season 2 if not one.

7. thomas2313412

But we are not sure whether if season 2 would appear or not cause there is no mention of it.

8. jaylop97

jaylop97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm just saying that most Disney XD shows get around 2 seasons, of course there is still the chance it probably could break that pattern.

9. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky Flying Cutlery!!

10. thomas2313412

Good point,I think.

11. Cookiefication

Cookiefication ¯\(º_o)/¯

This show desperately needs more love. Hearing that it will get a second season makes me glad.

12. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

I continue getting impressed with what the show can get away with

13. jaylop97

jaylop97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

As long as its hip and trendy it is going places.

14. jaylop97

jaylop97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And what see them return with a dare I say genie effect, no thanks.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. I.R. Shokew

I prefer this show just get moved to Adult Swim, where it will be more at home and welcomed, overall. Then, I would not only feel more comfortable watching it, I'd have NOTHING BAD to say about it - PnP is just not a good fit on the same channel as everything else (not saying examples, because most of us know them by now!) people obsess over on this particular channel. It would fit perfectly with all their "original" content that Williams Street picks up, being brually honest here. And again, I'd have nothing bad to say about it because while I don't love it... I don't hate it, either, unlike you.

Also, your idea is bad. Really bad. I'd rather see Disney relegate that old stuff to an online source legally, while digitally restoring it so these shows are viewable, as well, like they occasionally do their old movies. THAT... would actually work better than flooding a channel in need of new and updated content (whether we like it or not), than with old stuff that's best relegated to early mornings.

16. Candy Randy

Candy Randy Active Member

Hi. I just wanted to say that I do like Pickle and Peanut. And while I do understand that some people are being put off the tone and art of the show, many of the reactions toward the show (and its fans) had gotten way too far as of late. There was even backlash from some fans of other Disney XD shows simply because P&P is getting a vinyl figure set despite the fact that merch from popular Disney XD series has been made available. Then there's the news of P&P getting a SDCC panel. Of course the show has fans; if it's getting a second season, then enough people are watching it.

I mean, it's a cartoon. It's not like the end of the world. You can be critical of it, but that doesn't mean you have to go into negative territory. And I do agree there should never be any death threats. There are things going on right now we should worry more about other than a harmless cartoon. Please be respectful of the P&P staff and its fans, especially come Comic-Con.

17. I.R. Shokew

I ain't trying to hate on people who do like this show - not true at all. I just don't think it's a good fit on DXD. I think it would be something I'd be more proud to watch on Adult Swim, than on this channel. Maybe then, I wouldn't be basing this show for being so stupid and ugly - looking, because it would be able to get away with it more freely, again, on Adult Swim.

Being brutally honest, this show may have its moments for me where it truly is something I'm proud to watch (as in being actually funny and crazy/zany in a good way I prefer my actual cartoons to be, even as a man close to his 30s.), and I legitimately watch, as well as enjoy/feel entertained enough by it far more than I ever would something like Star Vs., yet none of that changes the fact that PnP is not a good fit for this channel to me.

18. 19MagiswordLane

19MagiswordLane Toonzone's Crooner of Carnage, babe!

19. Insomnia

Insomnia Member

couple months ago I decided to really sit down and give this show a watch and besides the terrible first episode it's pretty damn good and funny. I like the dark and weird sense of humor, it's almost like an adultswim show but for kids, I also really enjoy the dynamic between pickle and peanut, they really care about each other which is surprising giving the morbid humor but it's never cynical which i like. i just really like this shows style, only problem is I don't know if kids will get the shows ironic humor and most adults will prolly be put off by the shows weirdness which is why i really think this show is just right for the adultswim audience, which is me.

really wish people would stop hating on this show, I get that it's not for everyone but I just think the internet is way to unfair to P&P, I do feel like if this were on another network no one would be as harsh to it. it seems being on disney everyone just expects the next gravity falls, wonder or Star vs, people are unfairly putting those expectations on P&P. prolly gonna grab thos vinyl figures tbh

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I.R. Shokew

@Insomnia - Yeah... You're not alone and I wouldn't feel that way.
    I've admitted to liking this show (alongside Future-Worm and Penn Zero, in some cases, of course...) more than I ever could Star Vs. or WoY (none of these shows can beat Gravity Falls, though.), so I know that feeling, to be honest. I still feel this show would fit better on AS because would make fun of it less there, at least, in my honest opinion. I haven't paid much attention to it, as of late, but this is up there with Sanjay & Craig as an over-hated show I can actually have respect for and enjoy, sometimes (but not always.)..