Opinions on Christina Miller

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Sep 28, 2015
Ratings
Do you like Christina Miller running CN? Would you say that she's better or worse than past presidents? What are the good and bad things that happened (so far) in this era?

Good:
  • No more live-action
  • Increased focus on the international feeds by continuing The Amazing World of Gumball, greenlighting new foreign-made originals such as The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe, and continuing Ben 10 (2016) and PPG (2016) despite them being U.S. failures
  • Good new shows such as OK KO, Craig of the Creek, and Summer Camp Island
  • Continuing shows greenlit by Snyder such as Steven Universe and We Bare Bears
  • Ending Regular Show and Adventure Time as they're losing popularity and so they won't become bad
  • The Dimensional rebrand
  • Increased focus on the CN app and on demand by releasing episodes there before they air on TV
  • Making the Boomerang rebrand more successful by moving focus from the TV channel (which ain't even in enough homes to create good ratings) to creating a subscription service that releases exclusive shows and older ones
  • Doing well in ratings from kids who mostly watch online or on demand
  • Most of the current shows are successful either domestically or internationally
  • More gender neutral
  • Reviving Friday night premieres like they did in the so-called "golden age" (didn't start watching CN until 2008)
Bad:
  • The schedule sometimes airs too much TTG and not all shows get airtime
  • Teen Titans Go!
  • Rebooting Ben 10 and The Powerpuff Girls with the sole purpose being to merchandise and have a cheap cash grab instead of focusing on quality like their original versions did
  • No action cartoons
  • Poor treatment of third-party cartoons (TBH most of them ain't that good; why bother acquiring shows)
  • The only current show that is appeals to older audiences (preteens, teens, and adults) is Steven Universe
  • Too many shows that appeal to 5 year olds (such as Unikitty and TTG) instead of the TV-PG cartoons that CN was known for in the early 2010s
  • Not being daring as they were during the Snyder era, even if some of his plans failed
  • Mighty Magiswords
  • Ending Uncle Grandpa without promotion or good time slots
  • Getting rid of Pokemon and treating it poorly
  • Not releasing enough of their former cartoons on demand
  • Still airs live-action movies from time to time
  • Poor treatment of Adventure Time from 2016-18

Oct 11, 2016
Ratings
671 9
Off-topic but why are people calling the Ben 10 Reboot a failure in the U.S? I can understand PPG2016, but the new Ben 10 is still getting reruns on the main channel, and its ratings aren't really that bad compared to the other shows.

Radical Edward

Was Rad's Kittens
Feb 3, 2018
Ratings
1,053 6
CN is definitely more gender-neutral with Miller at the helm, as oppose to the boys network it has been for years. It does come with a compromise i.e. transitioning to an all-around kids network, which CN has never explicitly claimed to be, to the extent that the older-skewing shows left over from Snyder's reign (mainly Adventure Time and Regular Show) are shoved aside on-air in favor of their more kid-friendly catalog (Teen Titans Go!, Gumball, Clarence, etc.). This isn't to say it's really a bad thing since the app and VOD still exist.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,261 4
Framingham, MA
I'm hesitant to post anything in this particular thread, but thinking on it for a few hours I feel I CAN say that it helps nothing. It strikes me as another venting thread. I'm not saying I haven't posted my share of useless threads, but reading the header makes me wonder what the goal is here. To get Miller fired? To get her promoted for doing a good job? If either of those are your goals, I think you overestimate the power of the internet message board.

This isn't even a case where there is a questionable writer on a show we watch that we think should fired. Miller is corporate. The decision to hire or fire her is above all of our pay-grades. It frankly has nothing to do with us, so unless this is just another "Cartoon Network sucks" thread, simply framed in a different way than the others, it's still a "Cartoon Network sucks" thread, and there are millions of those already on Toon Zone. I don't see what his thread is hoping to accomplish. It's kind of clever how the first post lists some of the good things she's done, but I can sort of see through that, and what the intention actually seems to be. Maybe I'm wrong. But this strikes me strictly as another "CN sucks now" thread disguised as one that isn't.

Hits post. Probably shouldn't have.

Aug 23, 2017
Ratings
118 1
I'm hesitant to post anything in this particular thread, but thinking on it for a few hours I feel I CAN say that it helps nothing. It strikes me as another venting thread. I'm not saying I haven't posted my share of useless threads, but reading the header makes me wonder what the goal is here. To get Miller fired? To get her promoted for doing a good job? If either of those are your goals, I think you overestimate the power of the internet message board.

This isn't even a case where there is a questionable writer on a show we watch that we think should fired. Miller is corporate. The decision to hire or fire her is above all of our pay-grades. It frankly has nothing to do with us, so unless this is just another "Cartoon Network sucks" thread, simply framed in a different way than the others, it's still a "Cartoon Network sucks" thread, and there are millions of those already on Toon Zone. I don't see what his thread is hoping to accomplish. It's kind of clever how the first post lists some of the good things she's done, but I can sort of see through that, and what the intention actually seems to be. Maybe I'm wrong. But this strikes me strictly as another "CN sucks now" thread disguised as one that isn't.

Hits post. Probably shouldn't have.
Yeah I think you're reading way too much into this. I think person who wrote this post just wanted people opinions about her and that doesn't necessarily means that people will bash her or CN. Giving an personal opinion on her doesn't mean you're bashing her it's just how you feel about what she's doing.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,261 4
Framingham, MA
Yeah I think you're reading way too much into this. I think person who wrote this post just wanted people opinions about her and that doesn't necessarily means that people will bash her or CN. Giving an personal opinion on her doesn't mean you're bashing her it's just how you feel about what she's doing.
Either way the thread was extremely clever for being able to be read both ways. I think I'm probably right, but I think the thread has merit if only because it has enough plausible deniability attached to it so that your interpretation is potentially valid. Sort of wish the thread started would have chimed in here. We could use some clarification.

Jul 27, 2017
Ratings
I think she is just doing her job, the higher-ups could be telling her what to do. I notice most complaints about her have to do with the schedule but Vishnu's in charge of that and he has a history of spamming shows in CN india.

Anthony Riley

Apr 11, 2017
Ratings
89 4
At least there's no live action or terrible Canadian shows on the schedule anymore. Also, I'd rather watch Teen Titans Go than watch Johnny Test or ANY CN Real show (Including Hall of Game Awards) any day.

mqg96

Nov 26, 2014
Ratings
217 2
Teen Titans Go! came when Stuart Snyder was president. Plus, CN just acquires toons not made by them, and you just have too face it. Also, CN's shows aren't aimed at 5 year olds, none of them were.
CN shows for the most part have always been aimed towards 6-11 year old's (or 1st-5th graders), but you know there are kids out there who started watching it at 4 or 5 depending on their influence. Adult Swim is only suitable for 18 & older but people didn't wait until 18 to start watching [adult swim], they started watching it once they started high school at 14.

Christina Miller had a role in killing Boomerang. I'll take Stuart Snyder over her any day.
Nah man, Stuart Snyder was still president when Boomerang was decided to get a whole rebrand in 2014. The rebrand occurred in January 2015, but they were already in the process of preparing for it since June 2014 when that major schedule change occurred when they got rid of the blocks that had been around for years and the majority of the the HB cartoons not named Scooby-Doo or Tom & Jerry.

With that being said, overall, I'd still take Stuart Snyder over Christina Miller.

Cosmo

Are you upset?
Aug 9, 2016
Ratings
169 4
Land of Ooo
Maybe she just became president at a bad time (considering TV is becoming less important) but CN has gone downhill ever since she got the job there. I think CN underestimates the importance of still taking care of the linear channel AT LEAST for now.

Radical Edward

Was Rad's Kittens
Feb 3, 2018
Ratings
1,053 6
Nah man, Stuart Snyder was still president when Boomerang was decided to get a whole rebrand in 2014. The rebrand occurred in January 2015, but they were already in the process of preparing for it since June 2014 when that major schedule change occurred when they got rid of the blocks that had been around for years and the majority of the the HB cartoons not named Scooby-Doo or Tom & Jerry.

With that being said, overall, I'd still take Stuart Snyder over Christina Miller.
Actually, Stuart Snyder resigned in March 2014.

mqg96

Nov 26, 2014
Ratings
217 2
Actually, Stuart Snyder resigned in March 2014.
I already know that, and still doesn't change anything I've already pointed out. Changes to networks and renewal/cancellation of shows are decided months in. Turner was already in the process of the Boomerang rebrand by that point, and even before then there were already signs of Boomerang on a huge decline going back to 2013 and even 2012.

You know what this reminds me of, when people didn't want to admit that Jim Samples was responsible for the Re-Animated movie and Out of Jimmy's Head. The movie came out in late 2006 when Jim Samples was still president and it was decided to become a series before Stuart Snyder came in office. Without the success of Re-Animated, you don't get Out of Jimmy's Head.