"OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

MDawg

Nerfariously planning
Aug 26, 2001
Ratings
807 4
Not of your damn business
www.zimed.net
It's finally official!
The show, which will get a sneak peek Monday at SXSW, is set to premiere in the summer in the U.S., followed by a rollout around the world. A standalone original mobile game, titled OK K.O.! Lakewood Plaza Turbo, also launched last year based on Jones-Quartey’s short, of the same name, from Cartoon Network's artist program.

Edit: The show opening was storyboarded by Kill La Kill director and co-founder of Studio Trigger, Hiroyuki Imaishi.

Edit 2: Post from Capybara Games with several screenshots from the console game.

Edit 3: You'll be able to watch the show's musical score created live online.

Last edited:

WasFur

Mar 9, 2017
Ratings
1 1
That's cool been looking forward to this.... I wonder how action packed it will be...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparkster24

Feb 14, 2009
Ratings
138 7
Hate to be the guy that brags, but called it. :D

Like with Mighty Magiswords in 2015, it was gonna happen here to this show as well. But still, very excited for OK KO (aka Lakewood Plaza Turbo). It's ashame that they can't their usual Upfront to Cartoon Network nowadays. But still, exciting news to hear. :)

Cartoon Ruler

Dec 11, 2011
Ratings
1,900 7
Galloway, NJ
In an ocean of bad mistakes, CN managed to do something right for once.

Finally, now we're getting more originals (and not reboots and third-parties).

And it's coming out this summer? Jeez, that's kinda quick, but I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Last edited:

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Ratings
4,962 41
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com
I finally recently got around to seeing the original pilot and the shorts. While it actually wasn't the pilot I was most interested in seeing greenlit (that would be Twelve Forever), I still thought it was still pretty good and I'm glad it was greenlit. Looking forward to seeing it this summer!

Last edited:

moose_tracks12

Feb 24, 2016
Ratings
381 19
I'm really psyched for this, really seeing promise in this new show based off the shorts and this theme song's anime-esque style. With OK KO and Summer Camp Island being the newest original cartoons announced, I feel like CN is in it's early stages of unveiling it's new lineup of original cartoons for the network. Summer Camp Island may have some people a little unsure due to the animation, but I'm hoping for the best with it. Hopefully they green light Infinity Train and Victor and Valentino next, because I see a lot of potential in those shows as well. Plus with Adventure Time and Gumball (possibly, not officially confirmed) coming to an end soon, we need some more cartoons to fill up those slots and help lower the overbearing and insane TTG reruns.

Last edited:

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Ratings
4,962 41
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com
Plus with Adventure Time and Gumball coming to an end soon, we need some more cartoons to fill up those slots and help lower the overbearing and insane TTG reruns.
We actually don't know if Gumball is ending. Ben Bocquelet said it was, then he pulled back on that and said he was just leaving after season 6, so I'm not sure what's going on with it.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,895 41
Oh yeah! Now this is something I know a lot of people have been waiting to hear about. They basically had everything except a show up to this point.

That theme song is going to be in my head for a while, and I love how much the animation just 'pops' right off the screen.

Last edited:

moose_tracks12

Feb 24, 2016
Ratings
381 19
We actually don't know if Gumball is ending. Ben Bocquelet said it was, then he pulled back on that and said he was just leaving after season 6, so I'm not sure what's going on with it.
Yeah my bad, I meant to put a note of it "possibly ending" in there. Though I kind of hope it does end after that season, just don't want the show to suddenly disintegrate in it's humor and goodness by going on for that much longer.

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Apr 12, 2016
Ratings
626 14
OHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Glad i watched the pilot and all the shorts and i love it and finally freakin' finally is going to be a brand new Cartoon Cartoon. I'm gonna be so excited when it premieres this summer.

Last edited:

I.R. Shokew

DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs
Sep 26, 2011
Ratings
1,741 8
Who wants to find me that badly anymore?
And like Mighty Magiswords, consider me interested. However, unlike MM, this show looks like it has its crap together (overall), so we can expect a more than promising start, which the former unfortunately didn't really have - FACT (despite those working on MM saying things are gonna improve with Season 2... Here's hoping for that! Off-topic, I know. I don't care.).

At least CN will have more good stuff to look forward to this year... Summer Camp Island sure ain't convincing me of that, as much as this (and other examples) is, IMHO.

However, those looking for a pure action show better look elsewhere. This screams action/comedy, despite the emphasis on action-y bits. For me, here's hoping the comedy is as laugh-out loud good (if not better) than MM and/or Gumball - those are the shows to beat, in terms of comedy (again, for me and IMHO!).

Overall, damn good news, as this was the best of the pilots for me to consider making into something bigger.