Not Steeling

Discussion in 'Story Board Workshops' started by Ravenfire666, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Ravenfire666

Ravenfire666 the past team...

I read so many amazing fan fic's I can't help useing them in my stories. So if anyone could help with a tottaly new, and original plot that would be super, super awsome. Thanx

2. Alpha Man

Alpha Man Raven in a Bikini? Brilliant!

Well, I always find it helps if you look at your favorite stories and say, "What if it went like this..." Meaning, try going different routes and doing alternate versions to stories if you can't think of anything.;) Hey, that just works for me... sometimes.:sweat: :D Now, that's only if you want different plots. For characters, eesh, I gotta think about that.

3. Ravenfire666

Thanks, to be honist your stoties are the ones that are good a stay in my head so I sort of use then(sory if your mad at me:( ) But again great advice thanks

4. Kury Wagner

Kury Wagner Jizzyboobgirlkury

Plagiarism is a tricky thing. Personally, I think it's fine if you use ideas that you get from other fan fictions or novels or whatever it is you're reading that makes you want to write. As long as you don't copy it word for word, who really cares? If a plot idea interests you, but you want to take a different spin on it, I say do it.

But if you still feel bad about it, you could give a bit of credit in your disclaimer/title/author note at the beginning. Something like "Idea borrowed from *fiction writer name here*, thanks for the inspiration!"

There is so much literature that chances are -even with a zany, fresh character or plot- it was probably conceived already once or twice in the past. Really, I don't think you should worry about it unless someone gives you trouble.

5. Ravenfire666

6. Wild Goose

Wild Goose The Accidental Apprentice

If you feel uncomfortable about plagiarism, you could always ask permission from the original author. ;)

In my Ace Combat fanfiction, Youth & Skill, Age & Cunning, a fair number of scenes are borrowed from Glensather's Ace Combat fanfic Sky's Angels; this is because YSAC is a sequel to SA, and one of the things that I'm pulling is this concept of history repeating itself. (Though no too much. Else it's a complete ripoff)

Situations like the attack of a group of Aegis cruisers, a AI-controlled fighter flying to the aid of its pilot, a pilot killing a Growler and saving his girlfriend, and the AI of another fighter overrulling her pilot and ordering around everyone. Those are...echoes, if you will, of scenes in Sky's Angels, but with my own twist to them.

Plus the obligatory giant-flying-uberweapon-that-must-be-destroyed; it's not Ace Combat if you don't blow up an uberweapon. ^_^