Noods era - 10 Year Anniversary Thread

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Apr 12, 2016
Ratings
593 14
10 years ago Cartoon Network kicked off the "Noods" era which was the third of the Stuart Synder era for Cartoon Network and also one of my favorite Cartoon Network eras and the final era using the second Cartoon Network logo. The Noods were new to Cartoon Network, many of them were Next Noods, Remix Character Noods, and Character Noods. From February 8 to May 28, 2010, there were bumpers with Nood dolls being covered in silver (or multicolored) confetti, was transformed into a Chia Pet, getting splattered with black ink, whiteout, or red paint, and getting covered with dirt by a motorcycle. In September 2008 Toonami aired their final broadcast on Cartoon Network, in October 3rd marks the beginning of You Are Here block also the premiere of Star Wars: The Clone Wars and The Secret Saturdays, also October 12th 2008 marked the series finale of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. In November 14th 2008 marks the premiere of Batman: The Brave & The Bold and in November 27th 2008 marks the series finale of My Gym Partner's a Monkey. In January 29th 2009 The Powerpuff Girls special "The Powerpuff Girls Rule" premieres; on May 3rd Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends aired the Final Five ending with the series finale which I remembered watching the promo; also in June 17th 2009 marked the worst block CN Real and in November 8th 2009 marks the series finale which's also a movie of Ed, Edd n Eddy, in April 5th 2010 Adventure Time premiered and in April 23rd 2010 Ben 10 Ultimate Alien and Generator Rex premiered.

Here's four videos to remind you of this era:

What are your thoughts about this era?

Aug 17, 2016
Ratings
47 3
Personally I loved it! Although it was during a dark period for the channel (CN Real, tons of acquired content, and very few CN originals premiering), the schedules were great and I loved the creativity and wackiness of the bumpers from the era.

wonderfly

Shaking things up a bit
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Ratings
830 14
Springfield, MO
People complain about the Fall 2007 era, but...this is where things REALLY got bad (if you were a lover of the Powerhouse and City eras, that is).

Having said that, it did have it's good spots. I personally enjoyed the Noods bumpers, themselves. But the line-up started to suck. Badly. Anime was being pushed off of TV (not just on Cartoon Network, but on Adult Swim as well).

And I couldn't get into most of the shows (Chowder, Flapjack, Batman: The Brave and the Bold). I did enjoy the first season of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" though. That was a real highlight for me. But then I dropped cable in the Summer of 2009 (shortly after Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends ended). I'm pretty sure it got worse after that.

90'sKid

Jul 17, 2015
Ratings
428 3 1
Ohio
tvtropes.org
It did. After all, this was the era that introduced "CN Real."
*Flashbacks* Ugh.

For me, after Big Picture Show ended, I stopped watching CN, so I didn’t see much of the Noods era, but I do remember not really liking it all that much, at least compared to the City and Powerhouse eras.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BFDIFan447

Been watching CN Since 2008!
Jun 2, 2018
Ratings
No
I started watching at the start of the noods era, I enjoyed everything about the noods (except cn real) I'm glad people still remember those!.