"Nightwing" Feature Film Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Road to Gotham

Sep 5, 2003
Ratings
Hopefully this works out better for McKay then it did for Jimmy Hayward.
Remember Him?
He had a hit animated movie "Horton Hears A Who!" and then Warners hire him to direct a Live-Action JONAH HEX movie.
What a horrible mess that was. :eek:

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
Ratings
481 2

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,012 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Sounds like they're a bit far off from casting Dick and starting production, though with the rumors that Dick will show up in Batgirl I wonder if McKay gets final say on casting...
Hopefully they're doing extensive chemistry tests: the actor and Affleck, the actor and Irons, the actor with Affleck and Irons, the actor with who will play Barbara, all 4 in a room, etc.

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Ratings
1,434 4
Lackawanna, NY
Mid-40's I believe.
It depends, though, on the specific details of the continuity, doesn't it? Using Frank Miller's Batman: Year One for an example, Bruce might have been 27 years old when an 8 year-old Dick Grayson was orphaned, a difference of 19 years. Before that, in the comics, it would have been about 15 years. It is only the strangeness of comic-book timekeeping that has narrowed the gap.

Or were you referring to Bruce's age? Mid-40s might work for that. That might put Dick Grayson in his late-20s or early-30s.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,915 45
Sherman Oaks CA
So, Dacre turns twenty-three this month. Yeah, he might be a bit young for the movie-verse Grayson. How old is Bruce supposed to be? If he is about fifty then Dick should probably be in his mid-thirties.
The only way I could justify the age is if he was going to play an older Dick as Nightwing and a young Dick as Robin.