Nickelodeon Schedule Discussion

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Cartoon Ruler, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler Senior Member

With the last thread I made was fading off, it's time to start a new one to roll out the new year.

This time I will include Nickelodeon's schedule, both animation and live-action. But do realize that this is a forum about animation. Discussion about live-action is welcomed as long as it doesn't get carried away, otherwise the mods will sent out warnings.

With that said, the ratings thread went too off-topic with the programming, scheduling, etc., which is why I made this thread: to keep this one about scheduling and programming and the other about ratings. Problem solved.

Now that I explained the rules, let's begin this thread!

#1 Cartoon Ruler, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2013
  2. JusticeLeaguer

JusticeLeaguer Watchtower

Looks like House of Anubis will be pre-empted for Valentine's Day next Thursday. Instead, Nick is doing a lineup of "love" themed episodes starting at 5pm. Here's the current schedule for next Thursday, the 14th:

5:00pm - Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness "Bride of Po" (NEW)
    5:30pm - SpongeBob SquarePants "Grandma's Kisses"
    5:45pm - SpongeBob SquarePants "Valentine's Day"
    6:00pm - The Penguins of Madagascar "Tunnel of Love" (NEW)
    6:15pm - T.U.F.F. Puppy "Love Bird" (NEW)
    6:30pm - The Fairly OddParents! "Love Struck!"
    7:00pm - Drake & Josh "Megan's First Kiss"
    7:30pm - Victorious "One Thousand Berry Balls"
    8:00pm - iCarly "iKiss"
    8:30pm - iCarly "iSaved Your Life"

I find it interesting that Nick is starting to air KFP's third season episodes already. Also, I don't think T.U.F.F. Puppy has ever aired half-episodes before, has it?

3. tommy21

tommy21 Member

That schedule is extremelly awful. Baby shows till 2pm? SpongeBob manages to take most of the remaining time as usual and they then they have 2 new episodes a week...

4. ferrisjso

ferrisjso Member

Wow just when I think Nick's programming practices are getting better I see this.HALF THE LINEUP IS NICK JR.Nick has only 3 Nicktoons showing THE ENTIRE WEEK and TMNT is only showing on Friday.Normally you would blame Nick for focusing to much on live action but all Nick has is 2 CANNED live action shows and the ratings loser House of Anubis in their lineup and none of those are even on the whole week.AGAIN HALF THE LINEUP IS NICK JR.While cutting Spongebob repeats is great I'm sure no one had this in mind instead.

Let's break down all the Nicktoon slots

Spongebob has 11 slots a day roughly 55 for the week
    FOP has 2 slots a day roughly 10 for the week
    TMNT has 3 slots on Friday

Also in response to Justice Leaguer's question the TP premiere "Love Bird"is probably one 22 minute episode instead of two 11 minute ones.Many 11 minute segment shows have 22 minute episodes for holiday episodes and other non tv movie special occasions.Also "Bride of Po" is one the final episodes of the second season not one of the first of the third season.It's good to see Nick is at least going to use Valentine's Day as a front to premiere new episodes of it's second tier Nicktoons.

5. rockorockorocko

rockorockorocko Well-Known Member

I have to disagree somewhat because Nick's lineup is just beginning to roll out. Supah Ninjas, Power Rangers, Winx Club, See Dad Run and Wendell and Vinnie all premiere in February along with the TMNT, HoA and Marvin Marvin continuing. And this isn't including March-April, when we see Nick's real big hitters in LoK, FoP, BTR, Sam and Cat and The Haunted Hathaways joining the lineup). Raving Rabbids, Monsters vs Aliens, and Sanjay and Craig also factor in, along with Yu-Gi-Oh. Even Nick Jr. will bolster its lineup with Monty and Norville, Peter Rabbit and Julius Jr.

Of course, things may not change and I wouldn't be surprised, but I'm optimistic that things "could".

Look at the weekends, Nick has REALLY improved diversifying weekends with movies/specials/marathons. Rugrats and Monster High blocks on Sundays? That's a win. TMNT Friday nights? That's a win - despite the ratings being so-so as of right now. Victorious/Marvin Marvin weekday evenings? There's MUCH less SBSP during the upcoming weekends, which says a lot because weekends is when SBSP does best.

#5 rockorockorocko, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
  6. Hail-the-Whale

I don't understand the problem with having Nick Jr until 2pm. Why wouldn't they do that? It makes sense to play preschool shows when older kids are at school. What would be the point in playing regular Nick shows at a time when hardly any kids are at home to see them?

Anyway. A few interesting things:
    - Zap2it has Rugrats episodes listed 6-7am this Saturday and Sunday
    - The brand refresh includes Jimmy Neutron bumpers. They could just be for the Jimmy/Timmy PH (there's one listed this Sat, in fact, another another unspecified hour of JN next weekend) and random JN specials that they play sometimes. But it seems odd that they would bother to commission bumpers for a show that they so rarely play. Maybe we will see JN more regularly in the future? Just a thought.

#6 Hail-the-Whale, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
  7. islanddog1571

islanddog1571 Member

Actually your wrong about TUFF Puppy... Love Bird isn't a 22 minute episode nor is it about Valentines Day, It's just a regular 11 minute episode that just happens to involve love in it's main plot. It's no different then Season 1's Puppy Love and Snap Dad, Both of those we're love themed episodes that Nick aired on Valentines Day (Although when they did air then they aired with their companion episodes, So Nick airing Love Bird by itself is a little strange...) But I'm not complaining, TP is way over-do for a new episode So I'm glad we're finally getting one.

8. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

A little off the topic, but still there...

I wonder what Nick would have been like if the shows 2 decades ago were premiering now - or if we had this kind of schedule then for those nicktoons to get this exposure which we didn't see too much because of a consistent schedule, and many acquisitions with them. Think we'd of seen Rocko played like we are SBSP?

9. Vaporleaf

Vaporleaf Active Member

Its production number is 303, it's a season 3 episode. Needless to say it's being pushed into season 2 for Valentine's Day.

10. ferrisjso

ferrisjso Member

Well according to wikipedia Bride of Po is a second season episode one of 6 remaining.It's pretty strange that TP is having one segment air by itself on Valentines Day but like IslandDog1571 said after a long hiatus you really can't complain.The reason I'm upset with Nick Jr being half the lineup is that Nick is only showing 3 Nicktoons during the week when it has 7 in production.While I'm all for cutting Nick's dependence on Spongebob replacing those mornings slots with Nick Jr is the wrong choice not only will Nick Jr obviously get worse ratings than the sponge but pass up the opportunity to give other shows less valuable slots thus increasing the networks dependence on Spongebob.

11. Hail-the-Whale

12. Doguineta

Doguineta Active Member

Scuse me, but where did you read all this shows are premiering in March-April?

I don't know where I read that Korra was returning on the Fall, which seems reasonble as Book 1 took a lot of time to make, and Book 2 started production in July, and I belive 9 months is too little to finish it.

Also Dan Schneider tweeted that "February 3rd starts a WEIRD chapter for me! First time in 20 uears that I won't have ant new episodes airing in Nickelodeon (for a while)". The elphasis he made makes it look like Sam & Cat will premiere later.

I guess FOP is possible, as Season 9 was greenlit on March last year, and MAYBE Big Time Rush (though Ciara Bravo's Twitter shows that they are still filming so I don't think so). And The Haunted Hathways was greenlit not too long ago so I don't think that show will be ready in April.

13. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler Senior Member

No, "Bride of Po" is really an episode from the third season. It just so happens to air as part of the second season, but it's from season 3 in production-wise.

This must be a mistake. I thought Marvin Marvin holds the 8PM time slot. Nick will never air a nick@nite show during its viewing hours, wouldn't it?

14. MegaJ

MegaJ Like a spring breeze.

Well, it depends on the content. I suppose they're not that confident in Marvin Marvin yet.

15. WBCartoonFan

WBCartoonFan aka toonstar4youtv

interesting, i wonder what's going to affect with last-minute schedule change?

16. Disney15ish

Disney15ish Member

Nick and more tweeted " Just ONE day after Nick scheduled Valentine's Day premieres for Penguins & TUFF, they've pulled them off and moved Kung Fu's new ep to 4pm."

Checking the TV listings on ZAP2it the Valentines day Schedule is:

4:00: Kung Fu Panda - Bride of Po (NEW)
    4:30: Fairly OddParents - Love Struck
    5:00: Spongebob Squarepants: Valentines Day, The Paper
    5:30: Spongebob Squarepants: Krusty Love
    6:00: Spongebob Squarepants: The Chaperone
    6:30: Spongebob Squarepants: Gary in Love
    7:00: FRED: The Movie

17. Doguineta

Doguineta Active Member

Seriously Nick? Seriously?

I am disappoint.

18. JusticeLeaguer

JusticeLeaguer Watchtower

Sigh... Not too surprised by the change but it would've been nice to see the episodes. Oh well.

But yeah, I actually think putting Wendell & Vinnie Saturdays @ 8 instead of Sundays is a wise choice. That way they don't have to compete against Disney's Sunday night lineup and Nickelodeon REALLY needs W&V to be a hit for them.

19. Hail-the-Whale

About Wendell & Vinnie:
    - Does this mean it's officially a Nickelodeon show now, rather than Nick@Nite?
    - I suppose at least they won't have to go up against Disney's established Sunday now. Whether that's a good thing or not, I don't know. It could have done well and hurt Disney, but I guess they just didn't want to take the risk (since a lot of their premieres have been flopping lately).
    - Haven't they been advertising it for Feb 17th? Have they actually been saying that date in the promos or just "February"?
    - What are they going to do with Marvin and Supah Ninjas?

20. J21697

J21697 Active Member

What the heck Nickelodeon? For weeks you've been promoting the show to air, February 17th, at 8PM! This show looks really funny, judging by the sneak peeks, and it seems more like a Sunday-ish show. The only "competition" it has from Disney is Dog With a Blog..

This just shows that Nickelodeon is desperate for another hit, and they know Marvin Marvin CAN'T hold the 8:00 PM slot. Judging from the schedule I've seen just now, it's going to go something like this

8 PM: Wendell & Vinnie
    8:30: Marvin Marvin
    9:00: Supah Ninjas
    9:30: Drake and Josh

----

Why would they move replace TUFF, and Penguins? I was actually looking forward to watching, the worst thing is, they replaced it with Spongebob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.