Nickelodeon Advertising/Promotions Thread Part 2

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Neo Yi, Feb 6, 2017.

1. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Last night promo during Sat evening block: Kids Choice Sports, and Thundermans - Thunder in Paradise (promo saying coming soon instead of actual date).

I wonder why Loud House and Thundermans received promo saying coming soon, and why TMNT and Kids Choice Sports are getting date shown on the promo?

2. RDG

RDG Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

Also, even though they've promoted the new TMNT special on social media, they haven't promoted it much on TV (the latter which isn't that surprising).

3. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Actually they did promote it on TV which I noticed last Sunday morning. It's just not frequent.

4. RDG

RDG Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

Feels like the show's dead weight to them; they've largely neglected the show for years now (schedule-wise), and now even Nicktoons has taken it off weekdays, yet still airs it more times than Nick ever will

5. jaylop97

jaylop97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If both channels rarely air it then it is just taking on some bad damage from little airings which is disappointing to see how this show was good at first with Nick to today not really.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. rockorockorocko

rockorockorocko Well-Known Member

Honest opinion about the current TMNT series - it skewed too old and Nick wants all shows to own that K2-11 demo. I bet the 2D reboot will be less dark, violent and serialized. Probably action - but more lighthearted and funny so it can blend more with SBSP, TLH, and AatC. Nick knows that TMNT is a cash-cow in merchandise, I bet the reboot gets major attention and probably do really well out the gate.

7. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

I thought it would be good to post: during Thundermans Thunder in Paradise commercials: they promoted Kids Choice Sports, SpongeBob Sponge Out of Water movie to come on Fri Jun 30, Dude Perfect Show comin in July, and new season of School of Rock in two weeks

8. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

During tonight, Nickelodeon has promo JoJo Siwa My World coming this August as announced before. And Dude Perfect Show finally promo as said after Kids Choice Sports, even though premiere starts at Sat Jul 22

9. D-nice is the man.

During a promo Saturday's new Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn the episdde it will be on the Nick App/On Demand and on Nick.com I'm assuming the same day it airs on TV, so they are following what Disney Channel does by putting new episodes on their services the same day it airs.

10. jaylop97

jaylop97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Knowing the recent performance of NRDD it is something that Nick would do.

11. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

As of now I checked on nick.com, tonight's new episodes of NRDD, School of Rock, and Dude Perfect Show are already available on nick.com tonight instead of tomorrow. Figured these shows received the promo as it says on nick app/on demand, and nick.com

12. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

During the Sat. night block, they aired Nickelodeon promo for fall 2017 which had different rebrand for premieres, the clips on promo/trailer did not air new episode clips, but same reusable episodes, but just mentioned in text for premieres: new Loud House, Welcome to the Wayne, Alvinnn!!! and the Chipmunks, Thundermans (I thought it should return in early 2018?), Game Shakers, Henry Danger, Nicky Ricky Dicky and Dawn (new season), School of Rock, as new series Mysticons and I Am Frankie. Nickelodeon never mentioned in the clip saying SpongeBob or Bunsen. Maybe Bunsen will be moved to Nicktoons?

Another promo has I Am Frankie teaser promo saying coming soon. And next week Sat evening has Henry Danger special block at 8pm.
    Sat Aug 26 has Thundermans marathon (no promo yet...). Unsure when official premieres of live action will start, but hoping for Sat Sept 9...

EDIT: On Sat Aug 19, during Henry Danger supersized movie block, a promo for Thundermans advertised as "The Colossal Colosso Takeover"

#52 kanc, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  13. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

@kanc Here's the promo :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

This block of Colossal Colosso Takeover (Thunderman marathon this Sat 8PM-10PM), has featured extra videos of Colosso about Thundermans current episodes (these videos of digital shorts of bunnies I think some can be found on nick.com, but I'm not sure).

Another promo of I Am Frankie still says "Coming Soon" instead of saying actual date. Why does it keep saying this?

A promo finally aired on TV for Game Shakers special, "coming in two weeks" meaning it will air Sept 9. And also mentions The After Party will air after new Game Shakers.

A promo for Labor Day marathon will include movies like SpongeBob: Sponge Out of Water, Shrek Forever After, TMNT movie, SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, Danger & Thunder, Thunder in Paradise,

Last week Henry Danger marathon block included supersized Danger & Thunder, and extra behind the scenes of Hour of Power.

Still no promo for Percy Jackson movie that will air on Fri Sept 1

15. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Just tonight after SpongeBob Movie there's only a promo for Percy Jackson movie airing tomorrow at 8pm, but it's advertised at Nick@Nite. Also, Percy Jackson shows up on Nick@Nite schedule, http://www.nickatnite.com/

Is Nick@Nite gaining 8PM on Fridays?

#55 kanc, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  16. jaylop97

jaylop97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Kind of late to the game for PJ Nick.

17. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

When advertising Henry Danger two-part special (separate episodes), Nick didn't even mention guest star Frankie Grande for a reason. Maybe they don't care, I don't know?

Shrek Forever After has been getting some most attention in short promos today and including branding text on the left that will air tonight at 7pm

18. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

There's a promo that Saturday 6pm-8pm will be guest appearance in show in lead to Game Shippers. 6pm Thundermans: jace Norman, 6:30pm Thundermans: kel Mitchell, 7pm Henry Danger: Benjamin Flores jr, 7:30pm Henry Danger: Nathan kress

19. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

I noticed in Henry Danger - Live & Dangerous promo Zoran Korach (former member of Sam and Cat played as Goomer) is featured as minor guest cast, helper of evil plan along with villain character played by Frankie Grande

20. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

The promo for next week will be SpongeBob: baddest marathon, like villain themed which lead to new episode SpongeBob next Saturday