Nick Shorts on Facebook

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

I.R. Shokew

DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs
Sep 26, 2011
Ratings
1,709 7
Who wants to find me that badly anymore?
This new short looks awesome

The Girl from Dinosaur Island...

Yeah. Just one more thing that could make Nick a worthwhile channel to watch again (besides being something different from the usual hit-and-miss comedy they pick up (even though Harvey Beaks was nearly God at it, IMHO...), which is always a plus!)... And Nick doesn't know it (or worse, deliberately won't allow themselves to know it.). If someone else who'll give it a chance can get their hands on it, that would be awesome, thank you very much.

I would also like to personally say that Best Baddies comes in a close second as something to pick up by someone else (if Nickelodeon won't do it, as much as they should, IMHO. Again, it's something different and would likely do wonders for said channel's variety and ratings!), as well - but that's only because of its popularity in views so far; I can't see myself watching it too much just yet... Despite the amazing potential there.

Third place goes to Cupcakery of Doom for me, personally - although I'm a bit on the fence about how well it would do. Whatever it's doing (while not bad at all.), Pinky & The Brain is a tough act to follow, let alone surpass.

Still, regardless of my opinions, it would suck if Nick (or someone else, because I don't see Nick doing it without giving them a realistic fair shake, due to their Spongebob abuse...) didn't pick up / green-light any of these (3 especially.), honestly.

Last edited:

SaneMan

Nov 13, 2012
Ratings
1,166 4 3
Slovak Republic
The Girl from Dinosaur Island...

Yeah. Just one more thing that could make Nick a worthwhile channel to watch again (besides being something different from the usual hit-and-miss comedy they pick up (even though Harvey Beaks was nearly God at it, IMHO...), which is always a plus!)... And Nick doesn't know it (or worse, deliberately won't allow themselves to know it.). If someone else who'll give it a chance can get their hands on it, that would be awesome, thank you very much.

I would also like to personally say that Best Baddies comes in a close second as something to pick up by someone else (if Nickelodeon won't do it, as much as they should, IMHO. Again, it's something different and would likely do wonders for said channel's variety and ratings!), as well - but that's only because of its popularity in views so far; I can't see myself watching it too much just yet... Despite the amazing potential there.

Third place goes to Cupcakery of Doom for me, personally - although I'm a bit on the fence about how well it would do. Whatever it's doing (while not bad at all.), Pinky & The Brain is a tough act to follow, let alone surpass.

Still, regardless of my opinions, it would suck if Nick (or someone else, because I don't see Nick doing it without giving them a realistic fair shake, due to their Spongebob abuse...) didn't pick up / green-light any of these (3 especially.), honestly.
No love for Planet Panic?

Rhaynebow

Aug 11, 2013
Ratings
343 1
New York
The art style and animation for Planet Panic was nice, but there’s something about super eager awesome-person-in-training characters displeased by the mundane that made me not like Pibbles that much.

I’ll say though...I kinda wish action toons would come back. All of these shorts are charming in their own way, but they’re all still comedies not exactly trying to blow audiences away with a killer story. My pick might be Cupcakery just because the premise doesn’t revolve around ‘kid going on adventures’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Arrow :D

Proud Beneluxer
Oct 22, 2012
Ratings
3,375 66 1
Belgium
The art style and animation for Planet Panic was nice, but there’s something about super eager awesome-person-in-training characters displeased by the mundane that made me not like Pibbles that much.

I’ll say though...I kinda wish action toons would come back. All of these shorts are charming in their own way, but they’re all still comedies not exactly trying to blow audiences away with a killer story. My pick might be Cupcakery just because the premise doesn’t revolve around ‘kid going on adventures’.

Well, Nickelodeon isn't exactly known for action cartoons, although if you think about it, both Avatar and Danny Phantom were hits so the few action cartoons they had were successful.

Rhaynebow

Aug 11, 2013
Ratings
343 1
New York

Gumwad Island is up now. All burp jokes aside, I thought this one had quite a lovely character design for Oystermaid. It’s easy to forget that not every character needs to have completely human anatomy. When I first saw her, I was expecting her to be another quirky human being so quirky she’s inside a shell and would walk out of it, but was pleasantly surprised to see that she’s some kind of hermit crab hybrid.

The story was neat too. Although I can’t help but wonder what the librarian book was about that made him think the other books were better.

Dec 3, 2017
Ratings
United States
Really enjoyed Best Baddies. I thought the three female leads were funny and had good chemistry. I would really like to see it get picked up for a full series (although I doubt it would happen).

Planet Panic, on the other hand, was not the best. The entire short was a little too random for me and the character designs seemed heavily based on internet meme-culture. I could see it being an online shorts series if nothing else.