Nick Shorts on Facebook

Latest News

DeanBurrito25

Jan 15, 2009
Ratings
676 4
mattdeanart.com
Ah poop. It looks like you beat me to the punch. No matter. I'll copy and paste my thoughts here:

The concept behind Best Baddies was neat. Dog & Squirrel was cute but also kinda meh. Slimelab was a little too dudebro-y for me to care and I'm pretty sure I've seen My Friend Pancake before (it's fine). From the looks of things, Best Baddies is the most popular with views in the double digit thousands compared to the other three which don't even come close, and for good reason. Seems like it's the short with the most potential for a full series.

Personally, I'm interested in the short from the former Sanjay and Craig artist with the old lady in the swimsuit, as featured in the page's demo reel. The name escapes me at the moment, but that one looks entertaining.

SaneMan

Nov 13, 2012
Ratings
1,170 4 3
Slovak Republic
Dog & Squirrel has some pretty and smooth animation.

Slimelab looks OK.

My Friend Pancake looks nice. Not as good looking as Dog & Squirrel, but much prettier than Slimelab.

Best Baddies has some really nice and fluid animation, alto I em kinda mixed on the art direction.

Planet Panic looks amazing! So much energy in the animation and detail in the art. Best one so far.

DeanBurrito25

Jan 15, 2009
Ratings
676 4
mattdeanart.com

Rhaynebow

Aug 11, 2013
Ratings
369 1
New York
Quite the humble beginning, this guy. That’s one thing that I adore about Nickelodeon. They know how to run a shorts program that lets anyone in rather than the just the artists from their most famous shows *shoots a glare at CN*

That being said, I...kinda hope that this guy DOESN’T get his show, at least not on Nick in their current state. They may have a ballin’ shorts program, but they suck at television because of their Spongebob addiction. It sounds like Cupcakery had a lot of passion and Trevor himself has had a long, loving relationship with cartoons. I’d hate to see Nick pickup Cupcakery only to shove it to Nicktoons a few months later when it inevitably can’t pull in Spongebobian ratings out of the gate. If Nick is doing that to vets like Butch Hartman, I can’t expect them to be any nicer to a fledgling Trevor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 24, 2015
Ratings
40 2
Quite the humble beginning, this guy. That’s one thing that I adore about Nickelodeon. They know how to run a shorts program that lets anyone in rather than the just the artists from their most famous shows *shoots a glare at CN*

That being said, I...kinda hope that this guy DOESN’T get his show, at least not on Nick in their current state. They may have a ballin’ shorts program, but they suck at television because of their Spongebob addiction. It sounds like Cupcakery had a lot of passion and Trevor himself has had a long, loving relationship with cartoons. I’d hate to see Nick pickup Cupcakery only to shove it to Nicktoons a few months later when it inevitably can’t pull in Spongebobian ratings out of the gate. If Nick is doing that to vets like Butch Hartman, I can’t expect them to be any nicer to a fledgling Trevor.

I actually pefer they greenlight cupcakery of doom maybe it’ll be the next loud house and I don’t want any company pick it except for nick.. Because it suits nick...

AnotherRandomGuy

The cat came back, he just couldn't stay away
Oct 29, 2016
Ratings
1,285 12
New Mexico
The Girl From Dinosaur Island was great, and maybe one the best purely original things I've seen from Nick for awhile.

This could be a real hit for them if they handled it right...or they could can it right away because it didn't instantly reach Spongebob numbers