New Gargoyles DVDs coming? (5/29/13 Update: "Season Two, Part Two" Coming June 2013 as Movie Club Ex

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Gregatron, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Niiiice! I never thought I'd see this day!

2. Leviathan

Leviathan "It's against nature!"
    Staff Member Moderator

So, it looks like Disney's going to be finishing up their Disney Afternoon-era shows, two by two. It's weird that they'd do Talespin before DuckTales or Rescue Rangers (especially since they're making a new video game for the former), but I'm sure they're next in line.

And it's not technically a Disney show, but The Tick was released alongside and left in the same limbo as the others. Closure for that one would be nice, too.

3. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

James, is this confirmation on these Not being DVD-R's?

#143 the greenman, May 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
  4. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Morphinomenal!

Ah, if only GregX were still here to share in the good news!

Well, if you haven't bought the first two, couldn't you solve the whole problem and get all three at once?

I'm assuming that this means no extras though, so commentaries and such wont get finished off.

5. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

If the first two Gargoyles DVD sets were available on Disney Movie Club, sure. Right now they aren't, they didn't come up when I searched for Gargoyles. Maybe that changes when the rest of season 2 becomes available?

6. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Disney Movie Club sent me the following email:

The above email confirms the DVD type, though I am still waiting for other details.

7. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Hmm, interesting that they can't / won't confirm the packaging. I guess this cover is old news or was never official?

8. r0derix

r0derix Member

Was never official. Fan-made. The picture on the cover is the cover of the first volume of the Gargoyles graphic novels.

9. Hanshotfirst1138

Yeah, S2P2 isn't there either. It's probably too much to hope they'll do that, but it'd be nice and solve multiple problems at once.

Like I said, I'm wondering about extras, though I'm fairly certain there won't be any.

Did those trades ever come out?

10. the greenman

Thank you. Looking forward to this.

11. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Still Gritty after all these years

Yes, they did. (So, I advise you to pick them up).

12. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

I can't believe this release is actually happening! Looking forward to more details coming. Wow - so we're going to get the rest of the episodes on a three-disc set? I doubt there will be too much compression or perhaps none at all to worry about? I'm just glad to get the last of the in-continuity episodes. It only took what? 7 or 8 years to finally get these last episodes out?

13. Hanshotfirst1138

It's coming out quite soon considering that we haven't had any details revealed as yet. Has Wiseman weighed in yet?

14. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Judging by twitter, Weisman found out when we did. So I think you're right to not expect much in the way of bonus material, unless they were to reschedule the release.

Oh and the Clan Building graphic novels are really good. They're basically like extra episodes of the TV show in comic format, in a way I've only seen matched in comics for Adventure Time and Avatar: The Last Airbender.

15. Hanshotfirst1138

I will, but first I have to finish with the episodes, finally.

Yeah, it does border on a miracle. Disney now owns three of the things I want most: Gargoyles, Drunken Master II, and the OOT Star Wars trilogy. Obviously, I'm only ever getting one out of three, but hey, that's a miracle in and of itself. Maybe it'll inspire HB to do the rest of Godzilla as DVD-Rs or something.

Which they obviously won't, so that rules out the possibility of bonus material, certainly commentaries.

So the Avatar comics are good? I've been wondering, especially since they apparently answer questions the show never did.

16. the greenman

I doubt we'd get bonus material based on the MSRP and the release date. I'd love to be wrong though.

17. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Something I picked up on this morning - as a buyer of Disney releases probably knows, Disney has that Disney Movie Rewards program where you can set up an account & get points for recent disc releases (or CD's, or ticket stubs for select movies) you have that you can (eventually) exchange for swag. I belatedly cashed in on free birthday points & took a peek at their "special offers" page on a whim, where I saw that there's an offer where you can get into Disney Movie Club at 5 titles for $1 each instead of 4 (they throw in 500 reward points too, FWIW. A fair chunk). Obviously ten titles instead of nine makes the deal that much better if you decide to get in for Gargoyles. I tried adding a Blu-ray disc and this appears to work for the Blu-ray membership as well as the DVD option.

Let me put it this way for now: no fan should go without. They're that good. Dark Horse recently rolled out a beautiful large & hardcover edition for The Promise.

18. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

Just want to jump in and say the rewards club is a good idea. From all the Ghibli and princess movies I've bought, I got some cool free stuff (like a plush set of the dwarves or an Earthsea poster). You can enter codes for going to the theater too if you keep your stub.

19. the greenman

Okay, call me paranoid or untrusting, but why hasn't TVshowsondvd reported on this yet? This is the biggest news of the decade as far as I am concerned. Besides the fact that both this and Talespin is finished off, they should be all over this.

20. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Guh-huh!

They don't report on exclusives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.