1. If you are seeing non-stop CMP acceptance notifications, go here and we will help you troubleshoot:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-cmp-acceptance-notice.5663692/
    If you are seeing non-stop Privacy/ToS acceptance notifications, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-privacy-terms-acceptance.5663702/
    If you are seeing threads with no posts at all, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/threads-with-no-content.5663811/
    Please note that these are separate issues. Posting in the correct thread will help us resolve the issue faster.
    Dismiss Notice

Netflix’s The Hollow

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by M622, Jun 9, 2018.

1. M622

M622 Member

I can’t believe no one has posted about this yet.
    It debuted this month, and it’s a mystery series about 3 amnesiac kids (Adam,Mira and Kai) who wake up in a mysterious and fantastical world.

I binged the series, and it’s pretty good for what it’s worth. The mystery itself, while I had a hunch on where it was going for the most part, leads to a pretty...interesting reveal.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80147919

I do suggest you check it out.

Todd Harry and Fone Bone like this.
  2. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Haven’t finished it yet, but I’m loving it so far! A fun adventure cartoon with an ongoing storyline and not done in the “CalArts” style definitely deserves more attention!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fone Bone likes this.
  3. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I was looking forward to it. Didn't know it already premiered :')

I don't have Netflix but Trollhunters and The Hollow made me interested.

4. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Drinking my sorrows

Animation looks lackluster but seems interesting

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Gatordragon likes this.
  5. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I’ll give it a try.

6. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Putting the fun in funeral.

I agree with PapaGreg. The animation looks nothing to write home about and the art style is pretty deece. Like most cartoons I hear about, I'll give it a look, see if it holds my interest.

7. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Just finished the series.
    As soon as the other kids appeared, I figured this was some sort of video game, the various sci-fi, fantasy and horror themed locations was a clue as well.
    Due to the mystery of the world being a big part of the show, and it's reveal that it was one big VR game show, this is not something I'll likely re-watch. I wonder if there will be a second season, and how it would work? Maybe they'll use a new cast and have some big free-for-all McGuffin chase. The purple-haired girl's eyes glitched near the end of the episode, I wonder if that means anything...

All in all, I enjoyed this, and would recommend it.

Also,fun fact: Rob Valley did the character designs for this. He also worked on Tron Uprising and Motorcity

Todd Harry likes this.
  8. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I just binged watched it and I thought it was a solid series. I liked it better than Over the Garden Wall (just comparing the two because they are both mysterious mini series). I am not sure how a second season would work but I love to see something like this again.

9. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Drinking my sorrows

Whelp that was medicore, nothing really jumped at me. The characters were bland and generic, the fight scenes sucked and the animation was really lackluster all in all this was a lame show

10. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

Halfway mark. I'm really fascinated how the "action" genre has evolved from being just how do we throw down showdowns, though I guess I have Adventure Time and Gravity Falls to thank for that.

Dr.Pepper likes this.