Need ID help on cell characters.

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Desertdon, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Desertdon

Desertdon New Member

I am researching a “cell” that I have which has a couple of cartoon characters I do not recognize. I think they may be Disney but not sure. The cell appears to be a retirement? gift and is signed by 4 people that appear to be very well known people associated with Walt Disney. The signatures are Harper Goff, John Hench, Peter Ellenshaw, and Elmo Williams. They all worked for Disney either as employees or on Disney films, the primary connection between all of them seems to be the film Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Sea. No information as to who was retiring or leaving Disney, but based on obiturary information the piece would have been done before 1993. Does anyone recognize the cartoon characters and what cartoon/film they appeared in?
    IMG_4268.JPG IMG_4269.JPG

2. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

Just one look at the design, and I can easily recognize the source (although I did check online to confirm it).

That cell is from Toot, Whistle, Plunk and Boom, with the character appearing in the montage of the evolution of the instruments that go "boom" (aka percussion instruments).

3. Desertdon

Desertdon New Member

Great info, I don't think I would have found that in 100 years. I found the cartoon on youtube and there he was about 8 minutes in banging on the lions head.
    thanks