My Revamped S2 of Avengers: EMH.

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by brodie999, Jan 21, 2018.

1. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

I have created a concept for the second half of Avengers: EMH S2 where we can pretend Jeph Loeb and Men of Action were never involved and just say it was the Season 2 that everyone would have loved.

-Josh Keaton WOULD voice Spider-Man in his episodes and NOT Drake Bell(except for a few small grunts here or there)
    -Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel would be the focus on Powerless.
    -The Zodiac and Circus of Crime would be the villains of "Powerless" and "Yellowjacket".
    -The 5 original founding members of the X-Men would get an S2 episode of their own, replacing the "Code Red" episode and foreshadowing Wolverine's appearance in "New Avengers"
    -The Deil Rusk storyline would be on a much slower burn, spanning into S3 and S4.
    -Galactus would get more buildup and would be voiced by Jonathan Adams with the Sliver Surfer appearing as well and being voiced by Michael Rosenbaum.
    -Wonder Man would return from the dead in Emperor Stark.
    -Scarlet Witch would appear as a pawn for Doctor Doom against Thor and he would amplify the Purple Man's power to take control of the world after abducting him. After they defeat him, they head to Asgard where they would spend a good portion of S2, trying to save Amora from Surtur's control.
    -The Kree and Skrulls would head to war with each other and the Guardians of the Galaxy would play a major role in that saga.
    -Hulk would definitely cause reality to be messed up (not his fault though). This would lead to Future Imperfect (Parts 1 and 2) and several characters would appear.
    -An episodes called "When Calls Galactus" would replace "Live Kree or Die" as "New Avengers" would have the Avengers heading out to space, trying to negotiate the Kree and Skrulls into peace("Judgement Day" would replace "Operation Galactic Storm") and it would lead up to "Avengers Assemble!", thus making the Galactus saga a 2-parter.
    -Annhilus would make a full appearance and not a brief cameo and be voiced by Mike Patton in "Assault on Prison 42"
    -Scott Lang would return for "Yellowjacket" as his and Hank's relationship together would be further explained as Hank took Scott under his wing following Scott going down a dark road.
    -Falcon would be featured in "Winter Soldier" where he and Sharon Carter help Captain America track down the Winter Solider while the rest of the Avengers try to stop HYDRA from creating Hive.In the end, Falcon would join the Avengers and become Cap's new partner.
    - The storylines that were rushed at the end of Season 2 would be included as well, but changed up to coincide with the Skrull Invasion and the overhauled second half would more closely echo the stories from the comics.

What do you think of these awesome ideas?
    http://theideas.wikia.com/wiki/The_Avengers:_Earth's_Mightiest_Heroes_Season_2_(Revamped)

2. JaredCap43™

JaredCap43™ Forever, Fight as One!

Hopefully if Marvel no longer has the mast copies of the Josh Keaton episodes, they'll end up in a warehouse like how the NTSC prints of He-Man and She-Ra turned up, even if it takes forever for them to get released.

3. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Yeah, and if they still do have them, they'll be able to release them sooner than expected, so we don't have to wait a decade to see them come out.

4. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

Sadly, they didn't come out sooner than I expected - I hoped that when Spider-Man's guest spots first came to DVD (and Blu-Ray, in the countries where EMH became available on that format), the discs would allow the viewer to choose between Bell or Keaton, but at least in North America and the UK, they only have the former.

What exactly do you mean by "sooner than expected"?

5. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

What I mean is if they've still got the copies of the Keaton episodes, then we won't have to wait years to see them restored. I mean, not everything that never came to be ends up in a warehouse.

6. Dsneybuf

I am waiting years to see them restored, though - I started waiting all the way back in 2012, when new EMH episodes still aired!

7. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Well, due to the new petition for the Keaton episodes gaining momentum so far, we may not have to wait any longer for them. We'll slowly get noticed until Marvel finally relents and releases the Keaton dubs. They'll replace the Bell episodes with the Keaton ones on websites whenever we watch them. That'll make us happier than ever.

8. Dsneybuf

Well, I appreciate your optimism, but I've sadly had my hopes dashed too many times - including all the times Marvel wasted opportunities to release The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes on Blu-Ray in America - to share it now.

9. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

That's okay. I'm still certain they may decide to release it in America one day. That's the point of petitions. You never give up hope until the dreams you want come true. We just gotta campaign for it on Twitter.

10. Dsneybuf

If your Keaton petition reaches enough signatures, I might start one for Disney to sell EMH home video rights to Shout! Factory. I get the feeling that Disney doesn't want to release the show on Blu-Ray (the Blu-Ray sets released overseas came from other distributors), which made me think the cartoon's only chance would come from someone who's already released DVDs or Blu-Ray Discs of Marvel adaptations no one else would want to sell. I did leave a message on Shout!'s Facebook suggesting they pursue the rights (and make sure that the S2 DVD or BD had all the episodes in the right order, with Keaton audio where available), but they didn't answer.

Before I wrote that message to Shout!, I also wrote one suggesting they pursue all the Marvel cartoons that Disney never released on DVD or Blu-Ray, but that also didn't get a reply.

• Like Like x 1
  11. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Well, technically, Chris McAvey made that petition. But I encouraged him to do it after what happened with the redubbing. But, yeah, if it reaches enough signatures, you could open one for Disney to sell the home video rights to Shout Factory.

12. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Those petitions are going to do what exactly?

13. Dsneybuf

I think I just thought about writing a petition as a way for me to share a detailed rant about everything disappointing with Disney's home video treatment of EMH.

14. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

You don't need a petition for that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Are you referring to the E1 Blu-Ray sets with English and French covers? Because I don't have a region free Blu-Ray player and they still play fine in my Blu-Ray player.

Amazon America is selling each of them for around 20 dollars:

Season 1:

Season 2:

They are awesome.

16. Dsneybuf

I already have both of those; not only do they currently seem like the only EMH Blu-Ray sets available in North America, but they also have all of the episodes in the right order, unlike Disney's DVDs. However, I do some disappointments with them, these in particular feeling the most obnoxious:
    • No captions
    • None of the bonus features from Disney's S1 DVDs
    • No way to skip the recaps on S2 episodes
    The first and third points even make me prefer the iTunes digital copies, except for on the S1 episodes that have the S2 intro on iTunes. The absence of Ms. Marvel from the S2 Blu-Ray cover also disappointed me to the extent where I Gimped her in myself.

17. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

You know what, guys? I've talked to my friend about the rest of the Avengers appearing in "Powerless" and he loved the new idea because it'd be a great way for the Avengers to rebuild their trust following the Skrull Invasion in my revamped S2. This shows that great shows are nothing if they don't have proper character development.