My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - News and Discussion Thread II

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Neo Yi, Nov 22, 2013.

1. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Anyone else hoping the Sphinx will make an appearance next season?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. PJs

PJs New Member

Since it had such a neat design, I'd also like to see more of it in future episodes.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. ShadowBeast

A My Little Pony marathon all day today. I've never seen the show go past 5:00 PM before.

I love her design as well. I hope to hear what she would actually sound like too.

4. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think it's done that back when Discovery Family was The Hub.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. ShadowBeast

Was The Hub an all-cartoon channel at the time?

6. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don’t think it was ever an all-cartoon channel.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ShadowBeast

I was just wondering since the channel wasn't The Hub for very long when I first started watching the channel.
    But I guess this is the first MLP marathon for Discovery Family then.

8. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

I wonder where does the MLP / EQ time line connect. Does "Mirror Magic" take place before "Shadow Play". It would effect Starlight's confidence if she was going to turn Juniper, after Synian this is easy. If not her only prior attempt of trying to convert someone to good was a total failure in "To Where and Back Again".

9. Rainbow Dash Fan

and this isn't just about Discord, why is this show so bad at showing consequences to actions, shouldn't it do that too if it's about morality tales?

I can let it slide for stuff like "Sweet and Elite" because that was an interpersonal thing between Rarity and the rest of the Mane Five but then there's stuff like "MMMystery on the Friendship Express". sure Pinkie forgave the others who ate the cake but what about Mr. and Mrs. Cake? based on them being nervous wrecks at the beginning of the episode, they would NOT be happy about what happened.

and there are characters like Starlight and Discord who get away scott free for actual criminal behavior. brainwashing, kidnapping, treason. and Discord being included in the group hug at the end of "Twilight's Kingdom" comes off as rewarding him for his treason.

and you can't say the princesses pardoned Discord and Starlight because that was never shown or even mentioned.

and then there is the very, VERY rare times they do show consequences like "Applusa's Most Wanted" or "Newbie Dash". MLP writers, if you want to make a show were everything is solved just by saying "sorry", fine but be consistent with it.

and once again, them sometimes showing antagonists won't turn good doesn't cut it because they don't focus on it. I want something like what Hiccup leaned in How To Train Your Dragon 2, that some people are simply evil and violence is the one and only way to deal with them. and yes, the demographics for the Dragons series and MLP are the same, this show's demographic goes up to age 12. you may say that has nothing to do with Friendship but they've done non friendship related morals before like in "Read it and Weep".

10. MarinaFashionista

MarinaFashionista Game Show Video Game fan

I have been a diehard My Little Pony fan since I was little and when I found out about My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic I was excited to see it and I like it because it shows a whole new world and introduces new characters and some favorite characters as well. My favorite characters are Applejack because of her cool Texas accent and Pinkie Pie because she reminds me of myself and her attitude. What's also amazing about My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic is that it's created by the wife of Craig McCracken Lauren Faust and she has brought a whole new style to the My Little Pony line. I can easily say that this cartoon has been a winner for cartoon fans and will continue to impress fans of all ages

11. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

So the season 7 finale mention they are other dimensional besides this one and the Equestria Girls dimensional. I wonder does that open the door for a Hanazuki: Full of Treasure crossover?

12. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

hasbro has uploaded a new music video from season 8 titled Friendship Always Wins.

EDIT: The video was made private.

#952 PinkiePie97, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  13. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

It reminds me of the Royal Prep song from the Sofia The First pilot movie, a show that's also rated TV-Y. I find that a good thing.

14. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The video was made private.

15. thomas2313412

thomas2313412 Active Member

Guys,I been thinking ,Ever since the leak on the G5 ponies and the upcoming season 8 of MLP FIM,I have a feeling that season 8 or season 9 would be the final season of My Little Pony :Friendship is magic

Because when Hasbro is about to make a new set of My little pony with G5 designs to replace the current G4 in 2019 or 2020 this could be possible that the end of Fim/G4 is near.

And if it is truly the end of Fim/G4 era ,Then I guess this will be end of the only Hasbro property show to be aired on discovery family as it was aired when the channel was HUB when it aired hasbro shows and if Mlp Fim is ending ,Discovery family will now focus on their original shows and properties since the channel end ties with Hasbro .

And if an upcoming shows based on MLP:G5 airs ,Maybe a different network like Cartoon Network or Netflix would air it.

16. thomas2313412

thomas2313412 Active Member

I guess that answers my question though I wonder if there is a confirmation is season 9 would be the last and when will it air, 2019?

17. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

18. Theagames10

Theagames10 New Member

Me is hyped!

19. PF9

PF9 Active Member

They should send the show out with another theatrical movie. Perhaps a ponified remake of 1978's Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?

20. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Season 8 teaser:

• Like Like x 1