My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - News and Discussion Thread II

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

May 8, 2014
Ratings
still am upset about the instant forgiveness thing. the show has shown that you can be forgiven but still punished in episodes like "Appleusa's Most Wanted" and "Newbie Dash" so why does that never happen with Discord or Starlight?

and these lessons are not relatable to the target audience, they need to lean how to forgive playground bullies, not national traitors or people who almost destroyed reality.

May 8, 2014
Ratings
and some have said that the reason for the instant forgiveness of Discord and Sunset at the end of the seasons when they reform was because they wanted to show the audience everything was okay and we can move onto the next episode.

but they didn't show Spike and the CMC making up at the end of "Secret of My Excuses" and they were okay with each other next time. they didn't show the rest of the main six make up with Rarity and Pinkie after the latter two were left behind in "The Last Roundup" and they were fine with each other in the next episode.

and unlike the reasonable retcon with Luna, nopony outside of the main six seems to have any fear or resentment Starlight or Discord, the whole universe instantly forgave them.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Aug 3, 2002
Ratings
289 1
Chiyo-chan's America
They also aired a Health of Information today before it aired on Discovery Family.
Russia also got A Health of Information early to (as in the episode airing this past Monday there). As for why it's been airing early, the answer is simple: Like Daring Done?, this episode is earlier in the run production order wise, with international countries not knowing that Discovery Family has been airing the "Legends of Magic" episodes out of order as a way to spread them out throughout the season (instead of airing them back to back for three weeks).

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Aug 3, 2002
Ratings
289 1
Chiyo-chan's America
The MLP Annual 2019 may have revealed some information for season 8.
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/12/possible-season-8-info-in-mlp-annual.html
It says Twilight is opening something called the School of Friendship.
Actually, a good chunk of Season 8 information has leaked on the Internet (including a summary of its episodes, which I do feel is legit given what I've seen so far about the season, leak-wise or not).

The leak also mentions of a second movie and Season 9 being the final season in order to make way for Generation 5. Quite honestly, I'm all fine for Friendship is Magic coming to an end. It really feels like the series has wrapped up all the main material halfway through the previous season, with a lot of the curiosity towards it disappearing come the second half. As such, it's better to wrap things up rather than drag it out like certain other cartoons (I'm looking at you, Simpsons and Family Guy).

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,895 41
Actually, a good chunk of Season 8 information has leaked on the Internet (including a summary of its episodes, which I do feel is legit given what I've seen so far about the season, leak-wise or not).

The leak also mentions of a second movie and Season 9 being the final season in order to make way for Generation 5. Quite honestly, I'm all fine for Friendship is Magic coming to an end. It really feels like the series has wrapped up all the main material halfway through the previous season, with a lot of the curiosity towards it disappearing come the second half. As such, it's better to wrap things up rather than drag it out like certain other cartoons (I'm looking at you, Simpsons and Family Guy).
That doesn't even describe half of what actually has leaked. So much so that I'm legitimately worried about how the franchise will stay afloat after this, and it'll be near impossible to go on pony discussion boards without risking being spoiled.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
Ratings
2,585 28
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
Well, I figured the series would end sooner or later. I wonder what the next series will be like. I wonder if they’ll still try to give Gen 4 some exposure via merchandise. It’ll be tough for Hasbro to try to do a new version of MLP, and expect the same level of success as before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Ratings
1,900 10
Elizabeth,NJ
I hope the Equestria Girls series can still continue after MLP:FIM ends.
But yeah, the recent seasons hasn't been too good in my opinion. Though there were some real gem episodes in the mix. It's best to end the series before it hits Simpsons/Family Guy level of bad.

Last edited:

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ratings
132 11
Ohio
If the main FIM series ends in 2 seasons I'd like a spin-off featuring a new set of main characters, we seem to be building towards with Starlight, Maud, Trixie, and Sunburst, just two more would complete the group of six.

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Ratings
4,954 41
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com
If the main FIM series ends in 2 seasons I'd like a spin-off featuring a new set of main characters, we seem to be building towards with Starlight, Maud, Trixie, and Sunburst, just two more would complete the group of six.
If the leaks are to believed, Hasbro plans on going to G5 instead.