My cartoon concept *as of now untitled*

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by 90'sKid, Jan 28, 2016.

1. 90'sKid

90'sKid Well-Known Member

I have had this idea for a cartoon bouncing around in my head for a while, so I thought I would share it with all of you to get some feedback. :) There's not really a lot of backstory you need to know to read this. This is taken from my account on another site, which is why the wording may seem a little strange. Note that it is written as if it was a script reading, a sort of overview of how the episode will play out. Feel free to ask questions. :)

The camera pans down to a modest house, nothing fancy, it enters the upper window of the house. We are in "Mary's" room, we see up against one wall a set of shelves, on the shelves are all sorts of strange and bizarre objects, a skull, a tiny urn, a picture of an unidentified man, and on the center shelve we see a terrarium. In it sits Jupiter, a red kneed tarantula, curled up into a ball, asleep. The camera then turns over to show a bed, all we see of "Mary" is her black hair, poking out over the top of the sheet. Above her head sits a dream bubble. Suddenly this peace is shattered by a scream.

""Mary, get up right now young lady, or you'll be late for school!"

Startled by her mother's voice, "Mary" tries to get up but rolls off her bed onto the floor. She doesn't seem phased by her clumsiness and gets up, dusting her nightgown off. She walks over to the mirror and we see (as every other angle was from behind) "Mary's" face for the first time. She is a youthful girl, fair-skinned and possessing a natural beauty, she pulls her hair up into buns/pigtails and looks over at the picture of the man, the look on her face is that of sadness and loss. We can see a resemblance between "Mary" and the man. "Mary" then goes over to Jupiter and rubs her had down her back, Jupiter clicks her mandibles together in joy.

"Now you be a good spider today, ok? Stay in your tank, mom doesn't like you running around the house." "Mary" tells Jupiter. "Mary" smiles.

"Mary" leaves her room, entering the hallway and into the bathroom. She shuts the door on the camera, a sign on the door says "My Name Presents...". "Mary" opens the bathroom door, she has changed into her school clothes, pants and a hoodie. She runs down the hallway, passing a sign hung on the wall, the camera holds on it for a few seconds. "The Show's Name".

"Mary" reaches the steps and slides down the railing, landing on her feet and smiling. We see her turn and look to her left. We see a woman standing in the hallway, arms crossed, obviously not enthralled with her child's antics.

"What did I tell you? The steps are not a jungle gym! And what is that your wearing?"

"Mary" looks at herself, not quite sure why her mother would be upset at her outfit.

"Clothes." She says, as if the answer was obvious.

"I swear you get even less lady-like each day." Her mother says to her. (she is very... conservative) "But at least your wearing something today." She says offhandedly.

"Mary" rolls her eyes and leaves her mother, grabbing her schoolbag and heading out the door. The camera switches views, we see "Mary" from the front, leaving her house.

"Sheesh, moms can be so uptight at times." She says to herself, uncaring if anyone hears. She reaches the end of her yard and turns down the road, heading for school.

And that's all I have right now. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Frandeh

Frandeh Banned

very interesting!

• Like Like x 1
  3. 90'sKid

90'sKid Well-Known Member

Thank you! I was worried that it want that good.