'MTV 2002 Video Music Awards' Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Moonbay, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Nightwing

Nightwing WF Old Man

That's not how Eminem works though. He has his thoughts and feelings, but in his lyrics his thoughts/feelings are expressed ten fold, and exaggerated. I don't know why Eminem dissed Moby like that, but usually he doesn't (even verbally) carry out the hurtfull things he says in his songs. Like, his songs are just venting material for him.

I'm not an Eminem fan, but I will say I think his case is fascinating and entertaining to analyze, and watch as things unfold.

Ah it doesn't matter anyway. Moby will just let whatever happened roll off his back, I'm sure. Hell, when he was dissed in Eminem's most recent video, all he said was he's too old, and that no one listens to techno, meanwhile Moby hasn't made a techno album in something like 10 years.

2. gtracer72

gtracer72 All hail Starscream!!

Probably not, but maybe Christinia will start saying something to that affect. :) ;)

3. Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo Chill. It's only an opinion.

Didn't watch'em but from the highlights I've seen of it, it's looks like it was very very...very sad.

Would've watched it, but the commercial with Natalie Portman and Jimmy Fallon told me right away that it would be a waste of time, plus I didn't really like the line up of nominees so oh well. :)

4. The Game

The Game One Stratusfied Customer

First of all, I think you guys are seriously underestimating Em fight wise. I mean, C'MON, I could beat up Moby. Eminem might be something of a lowlife, but he's a good rapper, and he's from the trailer parks of Detroit... I'll bet he could kick the crap out of his fair share of people.

Second of all, I wasn't saying that it would be more respectable if Em just talked about Moby when he wasn't around, and backed off when Moby showed up- I'm saying that insulting him straight on when he knew Moby wouldn't retaliate at a awards show was obviously inappropriate.

-The Game

5. wussiewussie

wussiewussie horror kid

haha, the only problem is he got his ass beat most of the time anyway. i agree he could tear moby apart because.. he's like a pacifist vegan that wouldn't hurt a fly. but those are the only kind of people i honestly think eminem could beat up, the same people he wastes his time dissing. it is funny, i admit, and it's smart to do that cuz he won't get into a situation where he could get hurt.

blech. and does anyone agree that Michael Jackson should not be allowed on MTV anymore? they're supposed to only allow attractive people on, like at the seaside place they won't let you be in the audience unless you're an attractive college student. yet ol' Jacko manages to get on MTV when he's the most disgusting thing i've ever seen in my life. such a hypocritical network sometimes :rolleyes:

6. kiddiesunshine

kiddiesunshine Active Member

mj has to be the most hideous man in music.
    he looks like the grim reaper's crackhead daughter.
    i'll never understand all the surgery.
    for him to love kids so much, he sure picked the perfect face to scare 'em.

7. The Game

Michael Jackson has always creeped the hell out of me. He's a freakishly hideous freak with a taste for young boys.

On the other hand, I can see why they let him on MTV- I mean, the guy might be an ugly child molester but at least he was a good singer ten years ago... (note the sarcasm in the preceeding sentence). Honestly, I'm probably too young to have "appriciated" his music, but I don't think he belongs on camera.

-The Game

8. Galaxia

Galaxia My Favorite Ed

::froths at the mouth:: I HATED that commercial! :mad: And in an interview, Jimmy said that HE wrote those commercials himself. GAAH! :mad: :mad:

9. The Game

Just so you guys know, tonight, Trimph the Insult Comic Dog will speak on the whole Eminem/Moby incident, on Late Night with Conan O'Brien. I love Triumph, and can't wait to see what he will say.

-The Game

10. Galaxia

Galaxia My Favorite Ed

That should be interesting :D

11. Chris Sanders MSX

Chris Sanders MSX The MAN is back

Glad you told us, now I'lls tay awakeextra late tos ee this first run rather than watch CC.