Most hated commercial? (Part 2)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by The Penguin, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USSManhattan

USSManhattan Beware the ponytail of doom

Geico. Anything they've ever done ever.

2. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

...Even the cavemen?

3. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The Cavemen were funny at first, but now they're way overdone. The ads now focus more on the Cavemen that the car insurance. I miss the original animated Geico commercials with the funny little man doing stupid stuff.

4. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

There's one airing for some kind of healthy kids snack here. The ad starts with a boy very annoyingly overdubbed and practically bellowing "Muuum, can I have something to eat?!" ....No. Starve to death, you annoying brat. Or at least until you can achieve a normal speaking voice.

5. Rolling Cloud

Rolling Cloud ...too early....

* hands sledgehammer to Kury * :p

Anyways, the commercial I hate the most is probably that commercial where the dog "Tobi" apparently wrecks the carpet and the mom totally screams her lungs out. Please, the carpet's not that big of a deal.

6. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

The recent slew of Scion commercials. Like square-headed people and head-eating monsters are going to make me buy a car that looks like a limousine chopped in half.

7. Kazuya Prower

Kazuya Prower Keeping it Tails since 2005

The Simpsons movie commercials are really getting annoying. Almost every 30-minutes I have to hear Ralph humming the 20th Century Fox theme and Spider-Pig.

#527 Kazuya Prower, Jul 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2007
  8. Arxane

Arxane Hehe...guess what, fellas...

The advertising firm that created the Scion sheeple commercials said openly that those commercials are targeted towards a very niche portion of the population, namely people who are not offended by the ad. The Scion is a niche vehicle, so they are marketing it towards a niche group.

Doesn't make them any less stupid.

9. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

I hate those commercials for cheese filled Combos with the slogan "It's what your mother you give you, if your mother were a man." How exactly is seeing a hairy guy in drag supposed to make me want to buy Combos?

Equally annoying is the ad for Progressive auto insurance where the dad is picking up cheese puffs off of his floor and he asks his young son (who's face and shirt are covered with cheese dust) if he had anything to do with it and the kid flat out lies to him "No." I wanted to see that guy slap the boogers out of that little brat.

There's also the beer commercial where the 2 guys want the same bottle of beer and they decide to play "Rock, paper, scissors" for it. The blond guy zaps the brown haired guy in the head with a rock. What a jack hole ! What we didn't see was what happened 5 minutes later, when the brown haired guy puts a dent in the blond guy's skull with a shovel.

#529 Goldstar Neo, Jul 24, 2007
  10. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

The Home Depot ad where the black guy's talking about the white walls in his house, and his mean, dumpy, fat troll of a wife snaps at him, "It means we can't afford to buy paint. You don't hear that?!" I wanted the husband to reply, "Well, maybe if you went out and got yourself a job instead of spending all day with your fat butt planted on the couch sucking back Twinkies and watching Oprah, we could afford to buy some damn paint!"

And though it's been mentioned already, I can't stand that Cingular commercial where the mom's talking to her daughter about the cell phone bill, and the kid will only speak in text talk. As opposed as I am to physical violence, I really, really wanted to see that lady ram her fist down that little twerp's throat.

Also, that Nike 6.0 commercial with that sneaker with a face doing the Human Beat Box. That thing freaks me right the heck out!

#530 Silverstar, Jul 24, 2007
  11. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Oh I don't know, I crack up at "IDK, My BFF Jill?"

12. SirLemming

SirLemming a playa in a world of NPCs

I hate the new Six Flags commercial with crudely drawn images and a narrator who sounds vaguely like Hank Hill.

13. USSManhattan

USSManhattan Beware the ponytail of doom

Even the cavemen.

14. maczero

maczero Active Member

Has anyone seen the Skittles where the guy complains about his milk tasting sour? It turns out the source of the sour milk is a guy who's eating Sour Skittles. The really icky part is that they show the guy being milked!:ack:

Not to mention, the idea of drinking "man milk" is beyond disturbing (yes I know men are capable of lactating).

15. SirLemming

SirLemming a playa in a world of NPCs

Toyota's recent attempts at humorous commercials are like watching a two-year-old try to ride a bike.

16. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

It perplexes me that Coke is seen suing Coke Zero for "taste infringement." It'd make more sense if DIET Coke were suing them.

17. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

"Drink Coke zero, it tastes like Diet Coke!" ...Nope, doesn't work for me. Zero tastes way better than Diet.

18. Blue Priestess

Blue Priestess Saving Earth by breaking stuff

I HATE that one! Any pet owner with half a brain knows that's a bad sign health-wise, and what does Mom worry about? Her precious carpet. These ads are aimed at the kind of twits who turn their dogs into the rescues & shelters because they can't be bothered to actually go to a damn vet. In this area, at least, it was so thoroughly mocked by the local media that they've decided to yank it.

And I gotta agree with the general consensus. Except for the "what does the doll say" one, the cavemen ads are starting to wear out their welcome. I don't hate them yet, but keep it up & I probably will.

19. Kury Wagner

Kury Wagner Jizzyboobgirlkury

There's a Lowe's commercial that I always seem to catch, where a husband has a bunch of people running around at other stores to check the price of a washer and dryer. I have many problems with this commercial.

a.) They really have that many chain stores in their city that sell washers and dryers?
    b.) What ever happened to using the telephone? They created the "Let Your Fingers Do The Walking" saying for a reason. D=
    c.) Could the guy be more annoying?
    d.) Why are there *two* stupid people doing this? What city is this with such idiotic men? D=
    e.) They hype their store up far too much for my taste.

Ahem. /endrant.

20. Nel_Annette

Nel_Annette Living it up.

the vw commercial where the sleazy bum-looking guy just casually goes on a joyride in someone's car while she's in the park jogging. He takes a drive, and everyone smiles and waves at him.

More annoying is that I like the song in the commercial, and have no clue as to what it is. Anyone know?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.