"Metropolis" (DC Digital) News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by RoyalRubble, Jan 30, 2018.

1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Deadline reports that a live-action "Metropolis" series about Lois Lane and Lex Luthor will premiere on the DC Digital Service in 2019.

John Stephens and Danny Cannon are the executive producers and the show has a 13-episodes order.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

I just saw the Variety article announcing the show at IMDb.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

This is going to suck. Big time.

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

"PASS" was my initial reaction. I guess if a DC show's title is a location, it's a prequel. :p

• Like Like x 2
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I question the need for us to have yet another Superman prequel show, especially with Krypton coming up, even if this is handling a completely different sect of the Superman mythos o_O.

I mean, I know Smallville has only been over for about seven years, but still :sweat:.

I dunno, maybe the adventures of a young Lois and Lex might be fun, and I'm reminded of the Gwenda Bond Lois Lane novels, although I'd be surprised if they don't try and hook them up here at some point :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

The more I think about this, the more pissed off I am. Gotham is probably the worst thing to ever happen to the DC film or TV canon. It is not the worst project, but it is definitely the most damaging. Every single episode seems to be designed to hurt the Batman brand. It borders on appalling some of the things they have done when given free reign over this era of Bruce Wayne and Jim Gordon's lives.

And he's rewarded another prequel series for it? If this is the way DC Entertainment is run, not only do I get why their movies are failing, but I'm understanding why superhero comics are going extinct. They put terrible people in charge and them promote them for their failures. Being an executive at DC is the definition of falling upwards.

Off (or maybe on)-topic: Anybody else want to smack that obnoxious baseball cap off of Geoff John's head? I cannot be the only person to find that insufferable.

7. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

You know is Gotham even doing that well? Seems like it's ratings are down from the third season, which was getting at best half of what the first season was in terms of viewership and yet it still seems to be going because... guess that's what Fox calls acceptable. Still this seems like "well we need SOMETHING for the DC streaming service so uh what's something we can do kind of quick and not terribly expensive but will still generate some interest? Well hey Superman's still a big brand for us and uh if we did a Superman series without Superman... like totally without him this time that'd gather viewer interest right?" Say what you want about "The Arrowverse" as I know some people have a problem with the stories and plots they tell but even they're not Superman series is still ABOUT superheroes in some form still focusing on major members of DC comics, and not just crime tales made up of more human, easier to cast without special effects side members of the cast. Not to mention that though I know some places, even the comics have delved into there being a history between Lois and Lex before Clark Kent came to the city, is that something worth focusing a series on? Maybe an episode of another series still starring superman but on it's own? Yeah this just reeks of desperation in the worst possible way especially when there's still so many other DC characters this streaming service could make a show about other then just ones because they relate to a hero everyone knows.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not sure how reliable the site is but Splash Report says the show was scrapped.

I for one don't much care one way or another :p, but I figured I should bring up these new rumors.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If so...that was quick :sweat:.

11. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Good DC TV news for once.

12. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

The show struck me as a bad idea anyway. But the concept can always be revisited at a later date.

13. Kalel126

Kalel126 New Member

I’ve watched some of Gotham. I found it campy. But how has it ruined Batman? I don’t know the history.

14. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Or in other words, shelved, imo. No objection from me.

• Agree Agree x 2