METROCON Announces Gundam Wing Reunion

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justy

Now you see me...now you don't
Jul 10, 2003
Tampa Bay, FL
Visit site
I thought this would be of interest to the board and thought this forum would be the most appropriate. Mods may want to mirror it to the Anime Forum.

METROCON, an anime convention held in Tampa, Florida, just added Brian Drummond and Brad Swaile to its guest list. As Mark Hildreth, Scott McNeil, and Kirby Morrow were already confirmed guests, five of the major characters from the 2000 anime (and Toonami) series Mobile Suit Gundam Wing will be appearing at the convention.

Here's a link to the news on animecons.com -http://animecons.com/news/article.shtml/862;

and a link to the convention home page, if you're interested - http://www.metroconventions.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Feb 26, 2002
Ratings
Washington
Nah Uncut Gundam Wing was one of TMR's greatest additions. Though plenty of other Gundams did air on AS. MSG, 0083 and I think maybe 0080 (which I know was on both TMR and SVES... gosh SVES, honesty I miss that block).

Someone should yell at Mark until he agrees to voice Heero Yui in Dynasty Warriors Gundam II because not having him in the first one as Heero pretty much ruined Heero as a character.

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Feb 21, 2003
Ratings
753 6
Arlington, VA
Someone should yell at Mark until he agrees to voice Heero Yui in Dynasty Warriors Gundam II because not having him in the first one as Heero pretty much ruined Heero as a character.
The game is already released here so it's too late for that, although I think his voice is actually fairly acceptable there. Certainly not as good as Mark's voice, but passable.

Anyhow, while I certainly can't trek all the way south for this, it sounds very awesome and will surely be great for any fans in the area.

animePWNS

Coming to Switch 2019
Apr 9, 2005
Ratings
281 1
Maryland
METROCON, an anime convention held in Tampa, Florida, just added Brian Drummond and Brad Swaile to its guest list. As Mark Hildreth, Scott McNeil, and Kirby Morrow were already confirmed guests, five of the major characters from the 2000 anime (and Toonami) series Mobile Suit Gundam Wing will be appearing at the convention.
Couldn't get Ted Cole (Wufei)?

Spike Mcdougal

The Legendary Outlaw
Jan 6, 2002
The Planet Gunsmoke
Visit site
The game is already released here so it's too late for that, although I think his voice is actually fairly acceptable there. Certainly not as good as Mark's voice, but passable.
And if I remember correctly he did not reprise Heero in Gundam Battle Assault and that came out in 2002. And if that was him he definitely sounded out of character

shoujoaifan

Feb 24, 2003
Oh yeah, definately going, been planning too for months before hearing about some of the Wing cast a month or two ago. And now's there's more? Awesome. My friend who's idea was to go to this was surprised there's so many from Gundam Wing. I feel bad for him, since I think he was hoping for more variety.

I won't lie though, while I was mostly going for the activities and cosplay, I glad there's so many of the 'Wing cast, since its the show that really got me into anime in the first place. I've seen DBZ & Pokemon before hand, and other Japanese shows before, like Power Rangers/Sentai, but this and its uncut run Toonami's Midnight Run is was showed me that animation can be deep (well, deeper than most Western animation) and help make me into the animation nut I am today.

Is Wing the best Gundam show, let alone best anime ever? Of course not. But its good in it own right, and more importantly, Wing, DBZ, Pokemon, Naruto, etc. all the shows whiny fans cling to will also inspire other fans to check out better shows......and more importantly than THAT both the medicore shows, the decent shows, and the excellant shows are entertaining, which Wing succeded at it.

Kind of poetic, since it was my first serious anime, and this'll be my first anime convention :D Or at at least its a convenient coincedence :p

Status
Not open for further replies.