"Max Steel" News & Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by TheVileOne, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

3. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Nothing after season 1 has aired on Disney XD. It seems they have lost interest in the show.

4. Nick Evans

Nick Evans Member

I thought this show had good ratings i wonder why its no longer showing.

5. TheVileOne

Reporter

It's sort of maddening. There is a McDonald's Happy Meal promotion now, but there is absolutely no show on TV to support it and back it up. It makes no sense that something can't be worked out with a broadcasting partner.

What has happened with Max Steel on Disney XD? Does Disney XD no longer have the license for season 2? I don't understand what happened here.

6. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This reminds me of the time when McDonalds had Happy Meal toys for Hoodwjnked 2. When the movie was pushed back, the toys still came out during the film's original planned date, even though the movie the toys were promoting came out a year later!
    In other words, Disney XD likely was supposed to be airing the cartoons right now. But since half of season 2 is on Netflix, it's not an entire loss. The series is still being promoted, it just has a new home online.

7. TheVileOne

Reporter

I don't think that's enough. I'm glad the second season is available somewhere with Netflix and iTunes. However, the show has completely disappeared from Disney XD. There is a $120 million movie coming out next year, and while I realize the TV doesn't make a huge dent, every little bit helps. I just don't understand why Disney XD has essentially abandoned the show.

8. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Man, if this show isn't premiering on Netflix, it's airing somewhere else in the world (namely, Austrailia). I'm about to watch three new eps, afterwards they're only seven left!

9. TheVileOne

Reporter

Apparently another season is being planned, which I hope is true. Season two has been good for action, but lacking in development for some areas.

I like the new Ultra Link villains and Makino. The new modes for Max and Steel have been good. Mimic is my favorite.

However, the school stuff is getting kind of banal. I was hoping we would get some new characters at school for Max to interact with. Perhaps a new girl or super heroine that provides a different dynamic than Sydney.

Forge is still a jerk. Jefferson is still a glutton.

Vin and Dwayne are still fun...why they stick with Xtroyer though is a mystery. I guess they got no better prospects. Vin and Dwayne have basically become the Bulk and Skull of the series. My wish is that at some point they will join N-TEK and become heroes.

10. Nick Evans

Nick Evans Member

Where did you hear about this? I have not heard anything about another season.

If it is true i hope they use dark titan form their original ideas about season 2.

11. TheVileOne

Reporter

A Mattel rep told me about it at Comic-Con.

12. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Is the live-action movie being released next year?

13. TheVileOne

Reporter

Sometime next year yes, no release date yet.

14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So the new villains and Turbo Modes are great additions in season 2, but there's not much in terms of character or plot development? Well, looking forward to seeing Mimic and more of Makino in action, at the very least :).

15. TheVileOne

Reporter

Well there is some for Max and Steel, but most of it what we find out is predictable after season 1. Not much really changes. There was one neat reveal:

Vin of Vin and Dwayne has kids.

16. Nick Evans

Nick Evans Member

To be fair after they had to scrap their original ideas for season two. They quickly had to write a new one so they might of had to skip the charter devlopment.

17. TheVileOne

Reporter

I'd be curious to know the story for this.

18. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

I believe it will, especially since Max Steel is very popular at Latin America heck they are the ones that shown most of Season 2.

I agree that season 2 lack character development other than Max and Steel where they shown why the 2 are special together but other characters do need to flesh out more and not to mention some questions that need to be answer like Berto where he was hypnotized he knew about a mode of Max that not even Forge knew which brings the question if Berto has some hidden agenda.

I'm glad that the rumors where Ven-Ghan disguise himself as a student and lures Sydney so she controls her and hate Max where not true. I find it too cliche also hate when they have an episode where they put the friends of the main characters against them but would have been nice if Ven-Ghan's disguise as a human an interact with Max's friends. Speaking of friends, i do feel Kirby and Sydney should have more development also being less clueless of not figuring out that Max is Max Steel, some episodes they just there or getting into trouble because they are meddling.

19. TheVileOne

Reporter

Yup, that's another important point. They still have not revisited that thread with Berto from last season.

20. Nick Evans

Nick Evans Member

Well I don't know the full story, i think i heard some where that parents complained, but season 2 main point was going to be about some one named Dark Titan. They even say they changed the end of season one. Google Syndicate Rising. Well Dark Titan was a dark version of max steel, there was also going to feature some villains from the original cartoon. You could find out more about it if you go here
    Cancelled - Max Steel Reboot Wiki
    There might be some people who doubt that they were ever going to do any of this but I always believed it.