Marvel's Spider-Man "Venom Returns" Talkback (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Rate & Discuss this "Spider-Man" Episode!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

Votes: 1 50.0%

• **1/2

Votes: 1 50.0%

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,181 6
A Valid Location
Check out a new episode of Marvel's Spider-Man tonight at 6:30PM ET on Disney XD!

Marvel's Spider-Man "Venom Returns"
Episode Debut - July 23rd, 2018

Spider-Man is two steps behind as Venom kidnaps people important in Peter Parker's life.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,258 4
Framingham, MA

All right but that double-bluff shouldn't have fooled Jameson for a second. He knows there's a second Spider-Man, and he's heard both of their voices. He should be able to put together that Spider-Man is Parker. Parker's Secret ID only works if you don't suspect him. Because he doesn't modulate his voice for Spidey if someone suspects him, they can easily correctly guess it's him. I get Jameson is stupid, but he shouldn't be that stupid.

What I like about this Jameson is that he shares all of the other Jamesons' rare virtue. He is fearless. He doesn't back down against bad guys, even when his life is threatened. The other aspect I've always liked about Jameson is that he has always been willing to lie to villains to protect the people he cares about, even under threat of death. We haven't seen that aspect yet here, but I hope we do eventually.

This was nice and all, but the logic of the double-bluff doesn't hold together well at all. ***.

Apr 14, 2017
Ratings

All right but that double-bluff shouldn't have fooled Jameson for a second. He knows there's a second Spider-Man, and he's heard both of their voices. He should be able to put together that Spider-Man is Parker. Parker's Secret ID only works if you don't suspect him. Because he doesn't modulate his voice for Spidey if someone suspects him, they can easily correctly guess it's him. I get Jameson is stupid, but he shouldn't be that stupid.

What I like about this Jameson is that he shares all of the other Jamesons' rare virtue. He is fearless. He doesn't back down against bad guys, even when his life is threatened. The other aspect I've always liked about Jameson is that he has always been willing to lie to villains to protect the people he cares about, even under threat of death. We haven't seen that aspect yet here, but I hope we do eventually.

This was nice and all, but the logic of the double-bluff doesn't hold together well at all. ***.
Was it any goid what were tge highlights

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Ratings
1,852 10
Elizabeth,NJ
Peter's secret being kept secret because of Miles putting on Peter's extra suit felt like a cop-out. Disney advertises that Jameson would find out Peter's identity and it of course was just bait to hook the viewers in (just in time for Shark Week). Especially with the possibility of the people closest to Peter finding out as well. Both Eddie and the Symbiote end up looking sympathetic in the end, so I hope more can be done for them. I also hope we'll find out what's Jameson's issue with Spiderman like how we got one in the 1990 series. I'll bet Jameson will end up rehiring Peter once he starts having trouble finding any suitable replacement.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,136 4
177A Bleecker Street
That party was a real bust. Peter might have been better off just inviting his actual friends over for a movie or game night and he wouldn't have to worry about entertaining everybody else.

Anyways, I like this Eddie/Venom a lot but I still wish we had a little more visible buildup, sort of like we saw in the 94 series or Spectacular. I guess you could always say it was mainly the symbiote that heightened things to the level they were at but I still wish there was a little more than Eddie being bashed silently by JJJ a few times before he gets the V252 and erupts.

JJJ is a piece of work as always. I hope he's not written out after this incident.

I had grown to accept the show looking how it does but this feels so rough after seeing the Marvel Rising previews.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk