Marvel's Spider-Man "Take Two" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jun 18, 2018.

?

Rate & Discuss this "Spider-Man" Episode!

1. *****

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. **1/2

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Unlike Skeletor and Megatron, Dr. Doom and the Kingpin are actually part of the Marvel universe. So their chances would still be much greater than Skeletor and Megatron.
    Kingpin was even a Spider Man villain before becoming a Daredevil villain as well. The Kingpin still has a history with Spider Man as a matter of fact.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

For what it's worth, Kingpin was much more of a mastermind than Norman Osborn and was involved in just about everything that happened in the 90s Spidey cartoon. And on USM, especially in the latter episodes, Ock himself was responsible for most of the stuff happening. So it's not always Norman.

I am pretty sure it'll be Ock again here as well. Doom hasn't appeared in any cartoons since 2014, if I remember correctly and I kind of doubt they'll use him again anytime soon. Kingpin might have a chance, though they might want to stay away from his portrayal on the Netflix Daredevil show. Then again, I know Iron Fist & Luke Cage were still on USM and Avengers even after their Netflix shows, so I guess we'll see. But I'm still skeptical.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. spider3

spider3 New Member

Like the rest of the show, this episode was decent in my opinion. Liked that they used the wild pack but they don't have any sort of backstory (something that bugs me about this show) and only two are named in-episode.
    Ock's plot is incredibly predictable: he's gonna steal the brain machine and move his brain to Peter's body so they can do superior spider-man.
    I like the fact that the bugle is back in force but knowing the show Eddie won't be an interesting villain.
    Max is not very likable due to his actions but then again I never found him to be that interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

When you think about it, most of Spider-Man's major villains are masterminds, whether it be Osborn, Ock, Kingpin or even Jackal and Tombstone :evil:.
    Well, we had Sable, Paladin, and Pum all had their names spoken and Battlestar was in the news clipping that Peter was reading on the Wild Pack :).
    I don't think Ock is going to steal Peter's body so soon, but I think that is the ultimate endgoal here :ack:.
    I'm just hoping he gets some actual dialogue before he becomes Venom :sweat:.

5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

My biggest problem with the episode, that Ock seems to be obviously planning something, could be negated depending how future episodes play out, so I'm reserving judgement.

And yeah, what was Gwen thinking? Forgiveness is nice, but trust is a whole different story? And c'mon,Doc Ock is a former violent criminal! Of course Max would be reluctant to let him teach at a school, surrounded by kids.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Congeridi

Congeridi New Member

Max Modell is not rich in this show. He is only the founder of Horizon High, he states in an episode that the school gets funding from an outside source. Maybe if Max was the CEO of Horizon Labs in this cartoon aswell he could hand out scholarships left and right. But yeah, Max should have at least helped Peter find another job.

• Agree Agree x 1