"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,187 6
A Valid Location
The August Highlights have details about Parts 3 & 4 of "Bring On the Bad Guys". No info yet on the other two episodes set to premiere next month.

Monday, August 6

Original Series - Episode Premiere on Disney XD
Marvel's Spider-Man "Bring On the Bad Guys - Part Three"
(6:30 - 7:00 P.M. EST)
Spider-Man faces off against his most bizarre bad guy yet, Jack O' Lantern. Then he turns Prowler, a reluctant villain, to the side of heroes when he helps him save his brother.
*Nathaniel Potvin and Booboo Stewart guest star.
TV-Y7 FV

Marvel's Spider-Man "Bring On the Bad Guys - Part Four"
(7:00 - 7:30 P.M. EST)
Spidey tracks the identity of the mysterious boss that put a price on his head and who has been sending villains after him.
TV-Y7 FV

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,910 45
Sherman Oaks CA
The August Highlights have details about Parts 3 & 4 of "Bring On the Bad Guys". No info yet on the other two episodes set to premiere next month.

Monday, August 6

Spider-Man faces off against his most bizarre bad guy yet, Jack O' Lantern. Then he turns Prowler, a reluctant villain, to the side of heroes when he helps him save his brother.
TV-Y7 FV
I guess we might be able to narrow down who Nathaniel Potvin and Booboo Stewart are playing...I'm guessing Potvin is Prowler, and Stewart is Jack O' Lantern :cool:.

I hope Jack O' Lantern has a more memorable appearance here compared to how he was used in USM on the infamous Jessie episode :sweat:.

It's also cool that Prowler will be turning up. We haven't seen him in-costume on a Spider-Man cartoon since the 90's show ;).

I wonder if he'll be Hobie Brown or the Aaron Davis Prowler? Is the "brother" they need to save going to end up being Miles' dad :eek:.

Although depending on his VA, he might end up being de-aged, so maybe that won't happen :confused:.
Marvel's Spider-Man "Bring On the Bad Guys - Part Four"
(7:00 - 7:30 P.M. EST)
Spidey tracks the identity of the mysterious boss that put a price on his head and who has been sending villains after him.
TV-Y7 FV
I'm betting Doc Ock is somehow behind this and it's all going to lead to the Superior arc :evil:.

Also seems like Potvin and Stewart's characters are carrying over into Part 4, so that should be interesting :).

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
Ratings
1,442 10
TV-Y7 FV
Prediction: What if something happens in this episode that creates some divide between Peter and Miles? Like Prowler's brother, presumably Jefferson Davis, is saved but ends up in a coma from injuries. They haven't confirmed whether Mile's mom is dead here or not but I'd like to find out.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,910 45
Sherman Oaks CA
Prediction: What if something happens in this episode that creates some divide between Peter and Miles? Like Prowler's brother, presumably Jefferson Davis, is saved but ends up in a coma from injuries. They haven't confirmed whether Mile's mom is dead here or not but I'd like to find out.
Assuming this Prowler isn't Hobie Brown.

I think if this Prowler was actually connected to Miles, it would've been mentioned in the description.

And also, considering his possible VA, I don't see this Prowler being Miles' uncle.

Mr.O

Sep 21, 2016
Ratings
268 1
Miles needs all of the expansion he can get. I wouldn't mind any situation that steers him away from being Peter's second fiddle minion.

Mr.O

Sep 21, 2016
Ratings
268 1
Yeah, I don't think being stuck as Peter's sidekick has done Miles much good on this show :sweat:.
Yep. I think the root of the problem is that the writers want to write a Spider MAn show, not a Spider MEn. They want to write about Peters adventures and struggles as he grows into a full grown superhero. This probably gets harder to do when one of Peters best friends has identical, if not slightly stronger powers himself. I do wonder if Miles would get more screen time if he was left powerless longer, like Gwen.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,910 45
Sherman Oaks CA
Yep. I think the root of the problem is that the writers want to write a Spider MAn show, not a Spider MEn. They want to write about Peters adventures and struggles as he grows into a full grown superhero. This probably gets harder to do when one of Peters best friends has identical, if not slightly stronger powers himself. I do wonder if Miles would get more screen time if he was left powerless longer, like Gwen.
I think the writers were always going to struggle having to write a Spider-Man cartoon to accommodate promoting these other Spiders when most of them were not designed or created to co-exist like this.

Like, Miles was created to succeed a dead Peter Parker and focus on his own adventures. Where does that leave him in a show where Peter is the main character and focal point?

And this also comes at Peter's expense to a degree, where the writers have to write him as being less capable on his own to justify him needing help from Miles or his supporting cast practically every episode to beat villains he would normally be able to beat on his own in past cartoons.

I think I can count on one or two hands the number of times Spidey has been able to beat a villain without any help.

Mr.O

Sep 21, 2016
Ratings
268 1
I think the writers were always going to struggle having to write a Spider-Man cartoon to accommodate promoting these other Spiders when most of them were not designed or created to co-exist like this.

Like, Miles was created to succeed a dead Peter Parker and focus on his own adventures. Where does that leave him in a show where Peter is the main character and focal point?

And this also comes at Peter's expense to a degree, where the writers have to write him as being less capable on his own to justify him needing help from Miles or his supporting cast practically every episode to beat villains he would normally be able to beat on his own in past cartoons.

I think I can count on one or two hands the number of times Spidey has been able to beat a villain without any help.
Yep. If they really wanted to properly utilize a bunch of spider kids, then maybe they shouldn't have gone with back-to-square-one approach and a back-to-basics structure.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,012 8
"Bring On The Bad Guys, Part 1" scene

Yet another character with a random mechanical body part lol.
Hippo sounds like Ben Diskin using a goofier version of his Flash Thompson voice, but I'm not 100% sure. As for Panda, one side of my mind says Melanie Minichino (she has very few notable voice roles outside of Anya, and thus her voice is a bit harder to identify), a second side thinks Teala Dunn (she sounds Bumble-esque), and the third side thinks Cherami Leigh (if not Bumblee-esque, then she sounds a bit like Curly Q from Doc McStuffins, who she voiced).

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Ratings
1,852 10
Elizabeth,NJ
"Bring On The Bad Guys, Part 1" scene

Yet another character with a random mechanical body part lol.
Nice to see some new villains. I had to check them up to see if they were already made, or original characters. Hippo has his own pages on wikipedia and wikia, But Panda-Mania only has a wikia page with very little info about her. Not even her abilities are listed.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,187 6
A Valid Location
Kind of reminds me of the Batman: The Brave and the Bold days where they would use characters you could barely find any info about them online, on a regular basis.

This arc with a bounty on Spidey's head is a good excuse to bring on a few random villains. I don't really expect them to actually explain who they are or reveal some of their backstory though. Pretty much consistent with most of the other villains on the show. :p

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,187 6
A Valid Location
I don't know. I still find it weird they announced a bunch of guest-stars in the Press Release for the new Season, yet in the monthly highlights they didn't mention any guest-stars for these episodes (I mean the first two parts of "Bring on the Bad Guys", the final two parts do list 2 guest-stars).

Status
Not open for further replies.