"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Dec 31, 2017.

1. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Kathreen Khavari will reprise the role.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I'd be surprised if someone else voiced Kamala here. Kathreen Khavari seems to be her default voice actress in just about every project. Plus all the other guest-stars on the show during Season 1 had their respective voice actors from Avengers Assemble reprising their roles (Mick Wingert, Kevin Shinick/Fred Tatasciore and Laura Bailey).

• Agree Agree x 2
    #382 RoyalRubble, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I think the only notable re-casting was Gregg Berger as Absorbing Man instead of Jonathan Adams, although then Berger promptly played Creel in Avengers: Secret Wars :p.

• Like Like x 2
  4. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

I wanna see Erica Luttrell voice Khamla Khan. I'm sure there's a chance of a New VA for Ms Marvel considering that Marvel Rising Movie has Dove Cameron as Ghost Spider instead of Laura Bailey.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Granted, Khavari is also voicing Kamala in Marvel Rising as well :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

It's still a role reprisal since Dove Cameron voiced Gwen on Ultimate SpiderMan (most likely due to wanting to have a big name attached)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not to get too much off-topic here, but I think Marvel Rising would have been a better place for Kamala to get a different voice actress than this upcoming episode. Since that is most likely part of another continuity all-together, and we have Dove Cameron as Spider-Gwen (though as previously mentioned it is technically a reprisal), and even more surprising Kim Raver as Captain Marvel. As far as I know Raver hasn't voiced the character before, and I presume they brought in this bigger name since it is a main character in the project and didn't have Grey Griffin or even Jennifer Hale reprise the role.

But on the subject of Spider-Man, I was wondering when we would get the first cross-over this Season. I was pleasantly surprised they didn't have all that many guest-stars in the previous one, and each one fit in the story pretty well. It should be interesting seeing who will show up later on, I presume at least Iron Man will get a chance to appear again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm actually curious if this version of Spider-Man will actually show up in Marvel Rising.

Robbie Daymond tweeted on twitter that he had done two recordings for Spider-Man that weren't for the show, so his Spider-Man is due for two upcoming appearances. Though perhaps one of them might be for another appearance in Guardians :)?
    I'd say it's more of a guest appearance then a crossover, though I'm curious if they'll acknowledge that Ms. Marvel is an Avenger here, or just another teen hero :ack:?

Y'know, I know it's pointless to try and make sense of Marvel Animations continuity, but I wonder if they're working under the assumption that this version of Peter got his powers around Avengers: Ultron Revolution/Secret Wars. Bell's Spider-Man stopped making guest appearances around then too.

• Like Like x 2
  9. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

We live in a pretty kooky world.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I asked couple of the writers about where Marvel's Spider-Man fits into the continuity of the other shows, and got no answer. I don't know if how it connects to the MAU is top secret as of right now, but seeing as I've gotten answers to other questions I think we may found out at some point. Maybe, maybe not.

Honestly, they have to explain what is and isn't in this continuity at some point. Especially since even the all-encompassing Marvel Database wiki is having extreme difficulty identifying what is considered Earth-12041 canon. As far as I know, they've rarely had this problem before. When even casual fans notice this stuff, that's bad.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

I really wouldn't mind just a completely different continuity if not an honest to goodness reboot altogether, if only so none of this would be in the same continuity as the other shows for they already contradicted themselves time and time again.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Clip for next week's episode.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh hey, speaking of Iron Man :p.

So we're getting "experienced Avenger and teen hero" Ms. Marvel, which is still kind of weird contrasted with our Spider-Man :sweat:.

It's also kind of funny to see Ms. Marvel get annoyed with Spider-Man when she acts pretty much like he does on the Avengers cartoons :rolleyes2:.

Oh, and "great leader" Iron Man is back at it again with most of his team gone and having no idea where they are :confused:.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Wouldn't Kamala be super excited to meet Spiderman? This characterization is weird.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Troy Troodon

Funny I thought Kamala would be delighted to work with Spider-Man. Ah, well typical Parker luck as always. :/

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, when did Kamala become the serious, consummate, professional :sweat:?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

When she became a female character in a current Marvel cartoon.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Troy Troodon

When they decided Spidey should look like a tool every time he’s with another hero who doesn’t have his same misfortune.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I mean, the past Avengers team-up has usually started with Spider-Man starting on the wrong foot with said Avenger before getting to prove himself later on, but at least it made a little more sense for adult heroes like Iron Man, Hulk, and Black Widow to not take Spidey seriously at first.

But this just doesn't really fit with Ms. Marvel in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Marvel released another preview clip for "School of Hard Knocks".

Also, a new image on Marvel.com hints Ms. Marvel won't be the only guest-star in this episode.

• Like Like x 1