1. Enter for a chance to win the Captain America Blaster Shield and two POP Vinyl figures from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Dec 31, 2017.

1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Minor point, and it's something that was brought up before, but around the 7:18 minutes mark in this video, J.M. DeMatteis says he's done some work for the animated Spider-Man show, and hopes to do more. (The video is from WonderCon, so the end of March, but it was uploaded only last week).

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if "hopes to do more" is an indication that production is still ongoing for said cartoon, or just wishful thinking on his part o_O?

3. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

It could mean that there is a season 3, but he's only working on season 2.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

I know all New York was cured of the Spider Virus, but just like Anya Corazon in the comics (becoming Spider-Girl) kept hers even after being cured, there is a chance some people kept hers in the series. Obviously, Anya and Gwen are two of them, and I hope for Mary Jane to debut the same way. But how about the other people. We saw Flash Thompson and Liz Allan being cured from the virus. Could this be a sign? You know, Flash as Agent Venom and Liz Allan as "Screwball 2.0".

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I doubt Flash and Liz kept their spider-powers. Even if Liz pops up as "Screwball" again I don't think she'll have spider-powers.

And given this show's issues with using Miles I don't think they should try and throw too many other Spider-Heroes into it.

This is Marvel's Spider-Man, not Marvel's Spider-Man and his Amazing Spider-Friends.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Out of all the supporting characters, I could see them using Spider-Gwen again for a story but I agree having Peter and Miles is already enough. I get some fans want to see as many spider-themed heroes as possible and I respect that. I just don't want this show to get too crowded and keep focusing on Spidey.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Joe Wagner

Joe Wagner The one, true Scarlet Spider!

I agree with many others that the focus should remain on Spidey, but I'm hoping that we see some form of the Clone Saga in Season 2. With the Jackal having played such a large role in the first season, it seems like we should get Ben Reilly and/or Kaine at some point. They also used Spider-Man 2099 in almost all of the season 1 marketing, so I would expect to see him somewhere along the line as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I'd be surprised if the follow-up with the Jackal doesn't at least tease a Spider-Man clone, even if I think between the Superior adaption and other storylines we might not have time for a Clone Saga :ack:.

Miguel was one of the things in the promotional material for the show that didn't pop up in season 1, like Gwen with her comic mask and Anya in a Spider-Girl costume, so I imagine we'll probably see all of those come into play in season 2 :cool:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Season 2 premieres on Monday, June 18th with a one-hour episode.

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. Spideyfan123

Spideyfan123 Member

Finally some news

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Awesome! Nice to know we can expect a return for Spider-Man next month, and with a one-hour episode to boot :D!

I was wondering how they would figure a way for Peter to start working at the Bugle, and the fact that he can't keep up his tuition makes sense given they established the Parkers still had money trouble early in season 1 (even if they never did anything with it) :).

Gotta love how most of those guest VA's are Disney stars :rolleyes2:.

Sofia Carson is obviously reprising Sandgirl, one of the villains that were left unaddressed in season 1, though I'm curious who everyone else is voicing o_O.

Only in a season with a Superior Spider-Man storyline (let alone one with Dan Slott as a consultant) would give Doc Ock second billing :p.

Why is Vulture still listed as part of the main cast? The show barely did anything with him in season 1. Then again, they also list Aunt May in the main cast and she wasn't much better. As well as Patton Oswalt's Uncle Ben, who I think only popped up in three episodes :sweat:.

Bob Joles as J. Jonah Jameson? That should be interesting ;).

No Mary Jane it seems...

• Like Like x 3
  12. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

I hope the woman, Indian Doctor Octopus from the video games appears if they go 2099.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It would be kind of funny if Peter goes into 2099 and the Spider-Man there still has to deal with a Doc Ock like he does :p.

14. SweetShop209

1. Interesting how we have premieres on Monday nights now. I figured they would've kept the Sunday morning time slot. I predict Avengers Assemble and Guardians Of The Galaxy will follow suit in a similar time slot.

2. Teala Dunn guest stars here. Between her, Grey DeLisle Griffin, John DiMaggio, and Matthew Mercer, they may as well get the rest of DC Superhero Girls' seven main characters' voices to guest star.

3. If MJ does appear, I thought of someone else who could also voice her: Felicia Day. She voices Erika on Stretch Armstrong, and has red hair like MJ. Though her personality is more Gwen Stacy, she's still a good fit.

4. Bob Joles as J Jonah Jameson is an interesting choice. I figured that they would've had John DiMaggio or Fred Tatascoire voice him since they voiced him in different video games. Though if his performance as Lord Eldrod on Elena Of Avalor proves anything, he can handle characters with a mean streak.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Rick Jones

Rick Jones fan-man
    Staff Member Moderator

I hope Black Cat is back. She was a lot of fun in A Day in the Life.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So just trying to hazard a guess at who the guest stars might be playing:

Teala Dunn - Riri Williams/Ironheart?

Ryan Blaney - Overdrive?

Nathaniel Potvin - Rocket Racer? A de-aged Hobie Brown or Cardiac?

Booboo Stewart - Reprising Warpath from X-Men Days of Futures Past :p?

17. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

With the news that new episodes will premiere through August, I guess they'll air the first 13 episodes (half the Season) before taking a break, like they did with Guardians of the Galaxy.

My first impression was they're setting up his role as Exile for Marvel Rising, though I thought the same about Ming-Na Wen as Hala and that wasn't the case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

Bob Joles is a Legit great fit for JJJ. I'm cool with this.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SweetShop209

1. I don't remember if this was posted before, but I found an interesting tweet from last September from Kevin Shinick regarding Venom in this series. It's something to say the least.

2. With the article mentioning about seeing more of Peter's struggles in season 2, the whole secret identity/personal life thing being easier to balance in season 1 was most likely intentional. As a freshman, things are more easygoing, but sophomore year and above is where things get harder, just like high school in real life.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It sounds like there are plans for Eddie Brock, although now that Kevin Burke and Doc Wyatt have taken over the showrunner duties from Shinick, I'm curious if that'll still be the case :ack:?
    I also wonder if we should take that as actual indicative of Peter's age? Not that I expect they'll age Peter too much on this show :p.