"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,606 6
A Valid Location
I doubt the show is returning next month, it wasn't mentioned in the May Highlights Disney released last week. I know they didn't include the Season 3 premiere of Guardians in their monthly Highlights back in March, but I figure Spidey would be a much bigger priority for them.

It is most likely that Season 2 will start this summer - either June, July or even August (the same month the show actually premiered last year), but we'll find out for sure in due time.

Edit:
I found an interview with J.M. DeMatteis. Towards the end, he mentions he 's been writing for Marvel’s new animated Spider-Man series. He's just about to start his third episode.

I presume work on Season 2 is already completed, so perhaps a 3rd Season? (Or the interview is from a while ago, but it was just posted now). Unless he's talking about the next Spidey cartoon after this one ends. :p

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,166 46
Sherman Oaks CA
I doubt the show is returning next month, it wasn't mentioned in the May Highlights Disney released last week. I know they didn't include the Season 3 premiere of Guardians in their monthly Highlights back in March, but I figure Spidey would be a much bigger priority for them.

It is most likely that Season 2 will start this summer - either June, July or even August (the same month the show actually premiered last year), but we'll find out for sure in due time.
I agree. That seems the most likely scenario :).
Edit:
I found an interview with J.M. DeMatteis. Towards the end, he mentions he 's been writing for Marvel’s new animated Spider-Man series. He's just about to start his third episode.

I presume work on Season 2 is already completed, so perhaps a 3rd Season? (Or the interview is from a while ago, but it was just posted now). Unless he's talking about the next Spidey cartoon after this one ends. :p
It's cool to see J.M. DeMatteis writing Spider-Man again, just this time in animated form :D.

I have to assume that this interview was taken a while ago, since I imagine the writing and production for season 2 is pretty much finished by now, and Marvel's Spider-Man is presumed to be ending along with the other Marvel cartoons :ack:.

Not that I would put it past Marvel to be moving on to yet another Spider-Man cartoon :rolleyes2:.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,166 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Interestingly enough, DeMatteis mentioned the interview was done in February...
Huh.

I can't imagine they haven't wrapped up the writing of season 2 by now so...either a new series in production or there'll be some kind of continuation of Marvel's Spider-Man.

I wonder if they're getting something ready for the Disney streaming service o_O?
He worked on the 90s Spidey cartoon as well, briefly. He's in the credits for the first part of the X-Men cross-over, "The Mutant Agenda".
Though definitely not as consistent as his DC work ;).

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
Ratings
1,478 10
Huh.

I can't imagine they haven't wrapped up the writing of season 2 by now so...either a new series in production or there'll be some kind of continuation of Marvel's Spider-Man.

I wonder if they're getting something ready for the Disney streaming service o_O?
I think it's possible that there may been a mass of new talent and management (*cough*Disney*cough*) coming in around late-January or February.

Just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.