"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 15, 2017.

1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Syfy Wire has interviews with Robbie Daymond and the producers ofMarvel's Spider-Man from Comic-Con.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

Oh, it feels good to be right...Again. Jokes aside, I've done pretty well with my predictions, we all have actually. Now, I must predict that Miles' last name will be MORALES! *fingers crossed*
    :bugs1::p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

A Kraven The Hunter reality show? That's definitely an interesting and funny choice.

As for Doc Ock going from ally to villain, i can imagine a scenario like this. Peter is given a project to interview someone he admires, and goes to Doctor Otto Octavius. He and Peter start to hit it off, but Ock becomes increasingly more intrigued with Peter and the spider bite, he puts two and two together, and then becomes the villain.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

It sounds like the Ultimate Spider-Man comics from the early 2000s. It will be interesting to see what other ideas they pull from across Spider-Man's comic history.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    #105 Greg91, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, the whole "Kraven reality show" thing is from Ultimate Spider-Man, though I imagine Kraven will probably be more of an effective villain here then he was in that book :sweat:.

Interesting tidbit is that Greg Weisman took the mutant lion-man aspect of Ultimate Kraven for Kraven in Spectacular but made it explicit that he didn't care for the "Crocodile Dundee" element :p.

The tidbit about Doc Ock being an ally is interesting, even if it feels like as weird a change to an established character as making him a teenager :confused:.

Of course, a lot of "re-imaginings" try and spin Archenemies as being close friends or mentors to the heroes before they inevitably become villains. It reminds me of some of the revamps Eddie Brock has had over the years. I'm also wondering how it will compare to Harry's development, if he's indeed the Green Goblin of this series :ack:?

The creators seem curiously mum about the identity of Venom in this cartoon o_O.

I wonder what they mean by "villain-of-the-week" episodes, like with Hammerhead and Sandgirl, "keeping you guessing."

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    #106 Frontier, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  7. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

If you watch the video interview for that article, you will see a clip from the Venom episode where Spidey is trying to fight off the symbiote (and later the Vulture). The animation and voice acting in the clip was really nice.

• Like Like x 3
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I think that's the footage shown at the D23 Expo last month. It's cool they released it to the public this time. Apparently, it's from episode 8.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

• Like Like x 7
  10. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

We've seen Otto do the mentor/role model in the 90s show and Spider-Man 2, so being an ally should be an interesting way for him to start out. It makes me think of characters like Lex Luthor or Harvey Dent, who start out as trusted allies before eventually becoming some of the most bitter enemies. We've seen TSSM Eddie Brock as well, who started out as a lifelong friend before he's eventually trying to destroy everything in his life. Ock is my personal favorite villain in Peter's life, and I always view him as being second only to the Goblin, so I just hope that they nail it with him here.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

Did Vulture not notice the sudden change of wardrobe Spider-Man had? And he doesn't sound like Alfred Pennyworth from The Batman.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Lol I like that. Spiderman villains tend to ignore his suit change until it was too late, even in SS.

• Like Like x 1
  13. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

It should also be noted that in the original comics (NOT that garbage that they added to his back story in the 00's), Otto was a good person whose turn to evil was SOLELY due to a side effect from the accident that turned him into Doctor Octopus. It was clearly stated in the original comics that the radiation from the accident affected his mind and turned him evil. This was also the case in the 2nd Spidey movie.

14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The battle between Spidey and the Symbiote here is pretty fun and dynamic :cool:.

Looks like we're getting a bit of a redesign of the Black Suit here. Usually the Spider-Emblem on the chest isn't as wide or big as it is here, unless it's Mac Gargan as Venom or Agent Venom, and there's the arm bands from the main suit present as well :).

I guess Max Modell is the new Dr. Conners in that Peter now brings all his science questions and issues to him. Makes me wonder what kind of role Conners will actually have on this show, particularly when he's not the Lizard :ack:.

Yeah, Alistair Duncan sounds like he's doing an American accent for Vulture, which feels kind of weird :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

The clip looks well enough for me. Sure, the animation isn't the best, but it's good enough. My only gripe is that Spidey talks a little bit too much here. I get it, if it was just silence throughout the scene it would've been a little awkward, but he just talks a bit much which may come off as annoying. But anyways, as long as the symbiote is faithful to the comics (i.e. the symbiote's aggression as well as the constant use of plural instead of singular language: "we," and "us") and actually has Eddie Brock be Venom, then I'll be perfectly fine with this iteration.

Some people online are complaining that the symbiote is appearing too quick in the series. It's as if they forgot that the symbiote appeared in episode eight of TAS, and episode nine of Spectacular.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if what will drive Ock to villainy is the classic accident that grafts his tentacles to his body? Will he blame Spider-Man for it o_O?

17. SweetShop209

I was hoping it would premiere at a later time, like 8am or 9am

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

7am is too early in my opinion.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  19. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

The premiere is going to air multiple times throughout the day. Not just 7 AM. That's how DXD now premieres most of it's new episodes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. SweetShop209

Still, it seems a bit early for a Marvel show.

• Like Like x 1