"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 15, 2017.

1. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

Here's a better idea, they shouldn't explain it at all. Let's be honest for a minute, despite what many fans might think or what the folks working at Marvel Animation might say, these shows are only loosely set in the same continuity and are not specifically bound to said same continuity.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

Sometimes comic books are like that so it's not too surprising

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Spideyfan123

Spideyfan123 Member

t sound great like actually paying attention to Peter's life at school and at home. The thing that bothers me is that Harry might become a villain in the series. He might be the Goblin and the synopsis of episode two and three support my claim Norman Osborn seems like a good father making a school so Harry is not embarrassed

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

It seems very over the top to me, and he'd just be throwing money at the situation instead of dealing with his son's wrongdoing and guiding him down a better path. He'd just be rewarding his bad behavior and nurturing it. Personally, I'm not seeing good parenting there.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

It sounds nice and rather well-written but WHERE IS SHORT 2?! I've been waiting all day X(

6. JHorse

JHorse New Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

Hahaha, thanks but I already saw all 6 on the DXD app after I complained about it. I LOVED episode "0". Anybody who can get the app, get it and watch the shorts. You'll love it, especially part 6

#67 Peter Parker, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Descriptions for the first 3 episodes are now available on the Disney Press website:
    I know these were posted earlier but it's nice to have some official confirmation. Going by production code numbers, it's kind of interesting "Osborn Academy" is apparently #4 but airing as the 3rd episode.

• Informative Informative x 4
  9. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I have to say, watching some of the shorts (which are working for me online even though I live in Canada :D), this show really seems to have Peter Parker down pat. I'm really enjoying his character and you can even see in the comments, many people are coming around to the show.

Robbie Daymond is doing a great job as the voice of Peter. Additionally, the character design for Peter is actually really endearing and cute. I'm glad Marvel Animation realized many viewers would like more Peter Parker than what we received in Ultimate Spider-Man. I don't want to throw the former show under the bus, but Peter in this show seems closer to the comics than USM's Peter did. Really feeling positive about this show. :)
    That's too bad. That being said, the amount of poor reviews recent Marvel shows have received when they premiere seems to be common. I think either it's a weaker two-part premiere, which happens, or the show just isn't to the reviewers' taste. I think this show will be decent at least.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    #70 Greg91, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  11. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

I really likethe series so far, but I do have to admit, Peter was a bit annoying. I love Robbie's performance but looking back, he did over exaggerate the whole "I like science things".

• Like Like x 1
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, I guess "Horizon High" is appropriate for the premise as Peter adjusts to his new school, even if it seems kind of dull for the title of the first episodes of a new Spider-Man cartoon :shrug:.

Spidey squaring off against Vulture and Scorpion sounds pretty cool :cool:.

I can't tell if Norman Osborn making his own high school so his son can save face an attempt at good parenting or Norman Osborn being Norman Osborn :sweat:.

I also wonder, since he's mentioned in the summary, if this means we'll actually get to see Norman show up in the episode :eek:?

Also curious to see which villains will pop up at "Osborn Academy" :ack:.

DId they seriously compare the character designs to Hayao Miyazaki? I mean, I get that they're anime-esque, but really o_O?

• Like Like x 1
  13. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

That Hayao Miyazaki comment is strange but a solid complement? Maybe :p
    I like the character designs for the most part. Even the background characters are unique and varied. Makes you wonder who's an Easter egg character.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ChessKing

ChessKing Active Member

According to the Wikipedia page for this series episode 3 or production code 103 is titled Origins, So I think its just all the shorts put together in one episode.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I saw that, but I don't think the Origin shorts count as an episode of the season. At least it wasn't the case for the 1st Season of Guardians of the Galaxy. Can't speak for the current seasons because they haven't finished their runs yet, so I could be wrong.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Star Wars Rebels, another Disney XD show, counted it's season one shorts as an episode so we'll see if Spider-Man is the same or if it's similar to other Marvel shows.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

Looking at the review, I don't get it. So, their issues are, it's not like Homecoming, it's boring, the animation is bad and Peter is a know-it-all? Firstly, I can understand disliking flaws like the animation or forced science theme but looking at the clips, the animation Isn't THAT bad, also yeah Peter is annoying but I think aside from that Robbie does a great job. The fights to me don't seem slow, the Scorpion battle was nicely paced and the wrestling and warehouse fights were nice too. I don't think this guy is giving enough credit either,they complain about Horizon building the story but at least they try to include and build a growing and developing story , instead of what USM did, and I'm sorry but when you guys saw the sneak peek with Scorpion, was it, aside from animation, as bad as they said? As slow, lifeless, etc? I don't think they ever gave a single good compliment, aside from the thing on the designs or gave a really solid complaint, it was more like exaggerated nitpicking. Just reading descriptions and watching shorts and previews tells me this series is better than they say

18. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

The Homecoming critique is odd but I'm guessing the reviewer isn't as aware of the MCU inspired shows like Assemble or GOTG. The lack of synergy is one of the things that raised my hopes for the show again, after seeing the first short.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

It's so weird how quickly many have changed their opinion on the series. Just a few weeks ago many online were bashing the series and even calling it worse than Ultimate. Today, the like ratio on the Origin videos on YT are very well praised with some very well praised comments as well. Not like i'm complaining, I love this series already.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

• Like Like x 1