"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,902 45
Sherman Oaks CA
So, should we be at all concerned by how the show has literally dropped off the map? Is there a chance it was cancelled and no more episodes will air, or am I overreacting?
I agree with Rick that we've already gone through a lot of season 1 already so they're probably saving up the rest of the season for 2018 ;).
It's the 25 Days of Christmas time and it doesn't have a holiday episode. It will be back soon enough. We already got through about half of the season pretty quickly.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
I'm kind of surprised they didn't air "Spidey on Ice" in December since it would've been relatively appropriate for the holidays (even if it obviously wasn't set during Christmas time).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,171 6
A Valid Location
Speak of the devil demon... The show returns on January 21st, according to Zap2It, with a Doc Ock 4-part episode. No descriptions available yet.

S01, E16 The Rise of Dock Ock - Part One 1/21/2018
S01, E17 The Rise of Dock Ock - Part Two 1/21/2018
S01, E18 The Rise of Dock Ock - Part Three 1/28/2018
S01, E19 The Rise of Dock Ock - Part Four 1/28/2018

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,902 45
Sherman Oaks CA
Speak of the devil demon... The show returns on January 21st, according to Zap2It, with a Doc Ock 4-part episode. No descriptions available yet.

S01, E16 The Rise of Dock Ock - Part One 1/21/2018
S01, E17 The Rise of Dock Ock - Part Two 1/21/2018
S01, E18 The Rise of Dock Ock - Part Three 1/28/2018
S01, E19 The Rise of Dock Ock - Part Four 1/28/2018
Holy crud, Doc Ock arc is a four-parter :eek:?

I mean, it's kind of fitting to have it be four parts since Ock's got four tentacles, but it seems like a lot of episodes for one Supervillain origin. Granted, Otto hasn't really appeared that much up to this point, so they might want to make his descent into villainy more meaningful :).

That then leaves about 6-7 episodes left (depending on whether the origin shorts together count as part of the 26-episode order). I imagine the season will probably conclude with the Spider-Island storyline :cool:.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the debut of the Green Goblin until the very end of the season at the rate things seem to be going :ack:.

I also wonder if we'll see Anya and Gwen get their powers before Spider-Island starts...

Last edited:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,136 4
177A Bleecker Street
They said he would be an ally before an enemy, right? Maybe something like that will go down during this 4 parter. The only interactions Otto and Peter have had so far were those of a stern teacher and student. It would be interesting to see who this Otto is besides being a prodigy who's now teaching other prodigies.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,902 45
Sherman Oaks CA
They said he would be an ally before an enemy, right? Maybe something like that will go down during this 4 parter. The only interactions Otto and Peter have had so far were those of a stern teacher and student. It would be interesting to see who this Otto is besides being a prodigy who's now teaching other prodigies.

Yeah, I think this being four-parts means they're going to better establish Otto as a character and his relationship with Peter before he truly becomes Doctor Octopus, because they really haven't done much with him by this point.

I imagine he won't become a villain until the end of part 2 and the next two parts will chronicle Spider-Man having to stop Ock and cementing their enmity.

ChessKing

Jun 8, 2014
Ratings
United Kingdom
The first 2 parts of the Doc Ock episodes leaked in very bad quality sometime ago.
part 1 had Crimson Dynamo and part 2 had the Lizard and in the Lizard episode Norman Osborn tricks Otto into believing Spider-man sabotaged something that causes Otto to leave Horizon High and take a job at Osborn Academy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,902 45
Sherman Oaks CA
I'm sure we'll have confirmation about this one way or another sometime soon, but checking through the calendar on the Disney Press website, it currently lists "The Rise of Dock Ock" as premiering between January 1-4, 2018 with a new episode airing each day at 11:30AM.
So not only do we get the show back immediately into the New Year, but we also get the entire Doc Ock storyline to boot :D.

Mar 13, 2011
Ratings
424 1
Union, NJ
I'm sure we'll have confirmation about this one way or another sometime soon, but checking through the calendar on the Disney Press website, it currently lists "The Rise of Dock Ock" as premiering between January 1-4, 2018 with a new episode airing each day at 11:30AM.
Isn't weird to premiere new episodes when most kids are at school? I'm sure they'll get Jan 1st off but the rest week probably be in school.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,902 45
Sherman Oaks CA
I wonder how Norman will manipulate Doc Ock?
He already started by offering financial backing and freedom.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk
Yeah, Norman offered funding and freedom to continue with the development of the neural implant for his robotic tentacles, as I recall, probably as bid to lure him away from Horizon.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
Ratings
2,524 28
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
So long as the episodes show up later on the Disney apps, it’s air dates and times will be an issue.
Disney XD app or Disney Now, is the only way I watch new episodes of their shows. I wish something like that was around in my childhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.