Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H "Banner Day" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Stu, Mar 22, 2015.

?

Rate this episode

1. *****

25.0%
  2. ****1/2

25.0%
  3. ****

25.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

25.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Check out Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. today on DisneyXD!

[​IMG]

Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
    "Banner Day"

Episode Premiere Date - March 22nd, 2015
    Hulk allows himself to be turned back into Bruce Banner, but then struggles with the decision when Ronan the Accuser launches a Kree attack on Earth
    Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

So he's stuck in Hulk form?

3. Srebak

Srebak Member

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I knew that they were gonna bring up the stuff with Betty Ross sooner or later! Though, i suppose i should be grateful that this episode didn't end with Betty and Hulk being on bad terms (per se)

Near as i can tell, Bruce is upset that he might not be able to be with Betty ever again, so he chose not face Betty right away. And Betty is upset because she believes she may have just raised Bruce's hopes only to dash them again later. Neither is mad at the other, rather they're both saddened by the consequences of the actions they had to take for the greater good.

Let me know if i got that wrong

4. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

It just goes to show that even Hulk and the Agents of SMASH is capable of having this level of depth. Same goes for Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man.

I LOVED this episode. Great character development for Bruce and Betty.

5. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

-- Huh-- For once, S.M.A.S.H. actually told a pretty decent story, one still by flawed by it's own merits I admit, but still, pretty decent.

Again-- Kudos.

Ooogh, [​IMG] It just doesn't seem right, giving this kinda show actual praise, it's like the whole world's gone upside down. Feel like I need a shower after this.

Ah well.

7/10. [​IMG]

6. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

LOL your funny man.

7. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

This was turrible when are these going to start being great?

8. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Huh. This episode wasn't bad. All the Bruce Banner/Betty parts were really good, and the interaction between Betty and her dad.

If it wasn't for the annoying humor (and Skaar) this would be a genuinely good episode.

9. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Great episode, and I'm glad they addressed the Bruce Banner element at last along with Betty Ross. At least the show explained that he hasn't turned because they said he couldn't. The scenes with Banner and Betty and Rulk and Betty were quite touching.

Of course, as these storylines often go, just as the character is getting comfortable going normal, something crazy happens to make him change back into a "monster" again to save his friends. But what did Banner think was going to happen? He'd turn back into a human again and everything would be fine? Why does it even have to be him to stop Ronan anyway? Were the Avengers trapped in the Savage Land or something? Too bad for Hulk/Banner. My hope is Hulk can find some control over the transformation at some point.

10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I liked this episode more than I thought I would. Pretty awesome we finally got to see Betty Ross on this show and her relationship with Bruce addressed. As well as her being Red Hulk's daughter. Other than the forced humor, which wasn't all that funny, and the way the story was kind of rushed and there was no real build-up to these events (not to mention Betty was never even alluded to in any of the previous episodes), I can't really think of much to complain about. A pretty great episode, overall.

11. Toons4ever

Toons4ever Member

I'm really hoping they bring Betty back on this show full time as Red She Hulk.

12. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Still kinda wish they got Gabirel Mann to play Banner again, but Fred does a fine job as is.

Also, Misty Lee as Betty Ross?! Couldn't they have gone with... Oh, Monica Baccarin!

Ha, thought I was gonna call up some other VA like Tara Strong or Grey Delisle, didn't ya?

13. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

Misty Lee is Paul Dini's wife, of course they were going to find a role for her in this show somewhere. She was actually a decent fit for Betty.

14. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

Honestly, I was wondering when the shell they were going to use Betty Ross in this series. I mean, you can't make a series of the Incredible Hulk without his main love interest, don't you think?

I wonder if her appearance here will mean the rumors I read about her debut as the Red She-Hulk are truth. I honestly hope they are. I mean, I know her story in the comics as Red She-Hulk is quite... violent. But I guess they'll modify it enough to be used in a kids show. Besides, they gave her a short "web camera" moment here; so that could her future involvent in future episodes.

15. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

Misty Lee is actually She-Hulk's voice in the Marvel Experience tour thing that's going on right now (voicing both Jen Walters and She-Hulk). I wouldn't count against it.

16. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

If they get a third season, I would like to see Betty become She-Rulk.