"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Latest News

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,189 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Spring 2019? I hope that's a reference to a season 4 because that's a long wait and this show is awesome (despite the limited villain cast).
I imagine between then we've got Avengers: Black Panther's Quest and the rest of Marvel's Spider-Man season 2 before they bring back Guardians in the Spring.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,189 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Yeah, and they will most likely repeat the same order next year - Guardians in spring, Spider-Man in summer and Avengers in fall. Half a Season from each show per year.
Y'know, looking at it that way, it seems like a pretty sound marketing/premier strategy, even if it probably annoys those who want more of a specific show :p.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,285 4
177A Bleecker Street
Burning through half of the season quickly and waiting for such a long period to air the rest feels like a weird way to retain interest in the series. Having seen them do this with other series, it's very believable though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
Ratings
1,479 10
I apologize for bumping this thread with no news, but I wanted to ask:

Is the second half of this third season going to include the five-episode dimensions arc with different art styles and the "Secret Invasion" arc for the remainder?

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,189 46
Sherman Oaks CA
I apologize for bumping this thread with no news, but I wanted to ask:

Is the second half of this season going to include the five-episode arc with different art styles and the "Secret Invasion" arc for the remainder?
I would assume as much. The ending of the first half pretty much leads into the Black Vortex storyline :).

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
Ratings
1,479 10
I would assume as much. The ending of the first half pretty much leads into the Black Vortex storyline :).
If it were to guess, maybe we get an episode after that arc (around S3 E19) involving them regrouping and keeping the Black Vortex mirror away from the Kree.

Then a Halloween and Christmas episode and finally a five-part "Secret Invasion"/Black Vortex arc with the Kree planning to invade...somewhere. I guess that's the series finale.

I hope we see Ronan again and Nebula fully becoming an ally. Although Yondu is almost hopelessly evil at this point...

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,628 6
A Valid Location
I could be completely wrong about this, but I get the feeling they might continue with the same format as with the previous episodes this Season, having 4 episodes long story-arcs. For the "Black Vortex" arc I presume Rocket & Groot would probably share the same episode and just split it into 2 different art styles. This only leaves room for one "extra" episode (possibly a Holiday Special, though it would feel really weird if it airs in Spring - unless it's by any chance an Easter episode :p).

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,189 46
Sherman Oaks CA
I could be completely wrong about this, but I get the feeling they might continue with the same format as with the previous episodes this Season, having 4 episodes long story-arcs. For the "Black Vortex" arc I presume Rocket & Groot would probably share the same episode and just split it into 2 different art styles. This only leaves room for one "extra" episode (possibly a Holiday Special, though it would feel really weird if it airs in Spring - unless it's by any chance an Easter episode :p).
It would be kind of hilarious if the animation style for the Rocket and Groot story is the same as their own animated shorts :p.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,257 8
David Solobov recently put up a tweet with a picture of him with his fellow Guardians cast members, alongside Cree Summer, Fred Tatasciore, an off-camera Kari Wahlgren, and Mick Wingert. I assume they're recording more material.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,189 46
Sherman Oaks CA
David Solobov recently put up a tweet with a picture of him with his fellow Guardians cast members, alongside Cree Summer, Fred Tatasciore, an off-camera Kari Wahlgren, and Mick Wingert. I assume they're recording more material.

Huh, I would've thought they'd have finished recording for season 3 by now, so I wonder what this might have been for :confused:.

Kari Wahlgren and Mick Wingert being there probably means Wasp and Iron Man :).

(I wonder if they'll re-cast Kari when they inevitably reboot Hope to be more like MCU Wasp...)

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,257 8
Huh, I would've thought they'd have finished recording for season 2 by now, so I wonder what this might have been for :confused:.

Kari Wahlgren and Mick Wingert being there probably means Wasp and Iron Man :).

(I wonder if they'll re-cast Kari when they inevitably reboot Hope to be more like MCU Wasp...)
1. I think you mean season 3. In any case, I'm going to assume that season 3 is the last. I mean, I do t even know the last time this show had an encore.

2. Well, Kari is also Proxima Midnight, so anything can happen.

3. I don't think she'll be recast. She'd probably still voice her even when the character is retooled.

On another note, I feel like I just stepped into a SofiaTheFirst session given how 5/8 of the people mentioned have been in the show.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,189 46
Sherman Oaks CA
1. I think you mean season 3. In any case, I'm going to assume that season 3 is the last. I mean, I do t even know the last time this show had an encore.
D'oh :sweat:.
2. Well, Kari is also Proxima Midnight, so anything can happen.
Oh yeah, I was thinking of Kari's prominet Marvel roles and completley forgot about Proxima :ack:.

Although Wingert also implies to me an Avengers presence of some sort...
3. I don't think she'll be recast. She'd probably still voice her even when the character is retooled.
I dunno, usually a VA doesn't stick around after a character re-tooling, just look at Ant-Man :(.

Though Bumper Robinson still played older Falcon, so I guess there's that :shrug:.

Although I think we'll probably see a quicker re-tooling of Captain Marvel then Wasp.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,628 6
A Valid Location
This reminds me - Henry Winkler and Raven-Symoné are supposed to have guest-roles this Season. Since they were announced all the way back in March, you'd figure their episodes were already recorded. Only Ming-Na Wen has appeared from that list.

On the other hand, I think all the guest-stars announced for Spider-Man have already appeared during the first 13 episodes (except maybe for Sofia Carson, but at least we should know her role).

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,257 8
I dunno, I feel like the controversy over Gunn would be completely divorced from the cartoon and how Disney would use it, but that's just me...
Even disregarding that, I don't expect the show to be treated well upon return. We're currently in the show's longest hiatus of at least 4 months. At least for the two major hiatuses for Avengers Assemble (6 months between seasons 2-3 and seasons 4-5), it's from season finale to season premiere, not within a season.