"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, May 3, 2017.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I have to admit, really not that enthused about Baby Groot coming in for synergy :sad:.

• Like Like x 2
  2. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

Once again Marvel Animation is behind the curve because we've already moved onto Teen Groot. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rick Jones

Rick Jones fan-man
    Staff Member Moderator

I can't imagine him being too useful on the show but his look is pretty jarring compared to the rest of the more realistic designs too. It definitely brings back memories of the little Morlock girl from X-Men's "Have Yourself a Morlock Little X-Mas".

This is the continual curse when everything "needs" to be synergized, the animation creating process is as long as it is, and there is already such limited communication between Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment.

They must still have some Dancing Baby Groot dolls that need pushing.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    #223 Rick Jones, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It is kind of funny that this is really the first time Peter has actually met this version of the Guardians what with all the reboots both characters have gone through since the Ultimate Spider-Man Guardian episodes :p.

Y'know, I almost want to say Peter seems to be doing better against Star-Lord then he did against any of the villains on his show :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I rewatched the GotG episode from USM's second season to see if I could suspend my disbelief enough to accept this retcon.

Just a few notes: Peter is still shocked when he first meets Rocket in that episode, but doesn't have any comment or reaction to Nova introducing the Guardians to him. (His next line is literally "Let's go team!"...)

Then again, Rocket looked a lot different at that point, so I guess maybe Peter wouldn't recognize it as the same talking raccoon in tomorrow's GotG episode? :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv...-Channel-Disney-XD-and-Disney-Junior-20180320
    For some reason the April Highlights only list four of the episodes premiering next month. This might change soon, will post any updates as soon as they are available.

Sunday, April 22
    Original Series - Episode Premiere on Disney XD
    Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Mission: Break Out! "Happy Together"
    (8:00 - 8:30 A.M. EDT)
    The Guardians, desperate after squandering their riches almost instantly, take what they believe to be a simple transport job. What they don't know is that they are stealing a mysterious item from the Kree.
    *Ming-Na Wen ("Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.") voice guest stars as Phyla-Vell and Seth Green ("Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.") guest stars as Howard the Duck.
    TV-Y7 FV

Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Mission: Break Out! "Gotta Get Outta this Place"
    (8:30 - 9:00 A.M. EDT)
    The Guardians find themselves in prison for stealing a mysterious "package" from the Kree.
    *Ming-Na Wen ("Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.") voice guest stars as Phyla-Vell
    TV-Y7 FV

Sunday, April 29
    Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Mission: Break Out! "Long Distance Runaround"
    (8:00 - 8:30 A.M. EDT)
    The Guardians track down Howard the Duck to find out who set them up and why, but they don't get far before Phyla the Accuser catches up to them to deliver some Kree justice.
    *Ming-Na Wen ("Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.") voice guest stars as Phyla-Vell and Seth Green ("Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.") guest stars as Howard the Duck.
    TV-Y7 FV

Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Mission: Break Out! "You Don't Own Me"
    (8:30 - 9:00 A.M. EDT)
    Phyla-Vell reluctantly teams up with the Guardians to bring The Collector to justice for destroying her home planet.
    *Ming-Na Wen ("Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.") voice guest stars as Phyla-Vell
    TV-Y7 FV

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Marvel/DCfan

Marvel/DCfan Active Member

It’s cool that phyla vell is appearing but when did she become an accuser? And will she become Quasar? I’m confused

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, Phyla-Vell? Awesome :D.

Although having her be a Kree Accuser out to avenge the destruction of her planet kind of makes me wonder if she's going to be like Phyla from the comics or just basically Hala who Ming-Na Wen is also playing in Marvel Rising :sweat:?

Oh hey, the Guardians need to break out of a Kree prison. So the "Mission Breakout" title feels appropriate again :p.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

To be fair, there are still like 6 more episodes we don't have summaries for yet before this batch, so we don't know how they'll set things up. Though I imagine if any of the episodes before had guest-stars, they would have been mentioned in the press release.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TheLemsterPju

And we just had an Agents of SMASH Red Hulk doll show up a couple episodes ago...

12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if one of the Black Vortex dimensions will feature the Original Guardians team :)?

• Like Like x 2
  13. TheLemsterPju

That would be awesome; especially since the writers said at one point during season one's production they wanted to have the original team appear in the show.

But would it be in a different art style?

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the plots of the episodes not revealed in that article? I'm mainly interested on the Champions one, and I want to see if we are talking of the team Champions (with Nova and Ms Marvel) or Champions like "Contest of Champions".

And by the way, when it was revealed the Black Vortex to appear in this season?

15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I kind of doubt it's related to either the Champions team or the Contest of Champions. It's hard to tell for sure without a summary but going by the titles alone, it does kind of fit into the plot of the Guardians becoming famous, probably after a big battle or something.

EDIT:
    Sneak Peek at "Drive My Carnage":

• Like Like x 3
  16. Rick Jones

Rick Jones fan-man
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe it's due to watching this on my phone but that clip looked good to me.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, now it's pretty much impossible to argue this isn't the Marvel's Spider-Man version of Spidey ;).

I wasn't expecting to see Peter in the Black Suit again. Although it's kind of funny that it looks more like the comic version then it did before :p.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I never thought I'd see Spider-Man go mano a mano with Thanos in a cartoon, but I guess we're getting that now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Here are the first news to come out of the Marvel Animation panel at WonderCon, via The Marvel Report Twitter account. It's not much, and mostly stuff that was previously announced, but it will have to do for now.
    I think they showed the same clip that was released by Marvel as this week's preview (and can be found on this thread a few posts above).

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. Rick Jones

Rick Jones fan-man
    Staff Member Moderator

The Secret Invasion bit makes me wonder if they'll use Skrulls more as Marvel gears up for Captain Marvel.

I think the last time we saw any was that one episode of Agents of SMASH. That show really liked making use of Fantastic Four characters.

• Like Like x 2