"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Latest News

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,189 46
Sherman Oaks CA
New Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Break Out episode titled "Drive My Carnage" airing on Sunday, March 25th at 8:00AM.

bef9350d66d1057d83e0acf0ba80da4b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Carnage? Like the Symbiote Carnage :eek:?

Feels kind of weird that we might see a major Spider-Man villain debut outside the current Spider-Man cartoon :sweat:.

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
Ratings
1,479 10
New trailer for the GotG/Spider-Man crossover.

Looks like we were all wrong.

That is more than likely the same Spidey from Ultimate, yet they merged the two Spidey designs together (USM and MSM) and are apparently retconning the idea that an alien version of Venom and Carnage existed before Doc Ock created them.

I did not see that coming, but that is...kinda brilliant TBH.

But it's definitely leaving the impression that Marvel's Spider-Man is in a totally different universe after all.

Last edited:

ChessKing

Jun 8, 2014
Ratings
United Kingdom

That is more than likely the same Spidey from Ultimate, yet they merged the two Spidey designs together (USM and MSM) and are apparently retconning the idea that an alien version of Venom and Carnage existed before Doc Ock created them.

But it's definitely leaving the impression that Marvel's Spider-Man is in a totally different universe after all.
Drax had green tattoos instead of his red ones for 1 scene in that trailer.

It may be the same Spidey from Ultimate but I think he will be voiced by Robbie Daymond from MSM instead of Drake Bell, What do you think??

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,189 46
Sherman Oaks CA

Marvel animation continues to have virtually no continuity consistency going on :sweat:.

I guess this was probably produced too early for them to match the Marvel's Spider-Man design exactly, even though they said that Venom's inclusion in this would tie-in to the Symbiote stories from both shows. Now I'm wondering how accurate that's going to end up being o_O?

Though I guess at least the show is keeping their own internal continuity consistent since it seems like Grant George's Ant-Man will be in this instead of Josh Keaton's. That's one thing I'll give the show over Assemble ;).

I'm really not crazy about Baby Groot showing up :rolleyes:.

Oh, but wasn't expecting Thanos to be back :eek:!

I wonder who Carnage is? Rocket :ack:?

All in all, a cool promo and can't wait to see the premier :).
It may be the same Spidey from Ultimate but I think he will be voiced by Robbie Daymond from MSM instead of Drake Bell, What do you think??
They confirmed Robbie Daymond is going to be playing Spidey in this.

Which would be kind of funny if this was meant to be a more Ultimate-based Peter, kind of like when Drake Bell played Peter instead of Josh Keaton in EMH even though it was supposed to be Keaton's Spidey :rolleyes2:.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,465 4
Framingham, MA
The Spidey from EMH was supposed to be Keaton's Spidey? I knew he was supposed to voice him but I didn't know he was supposed to be the same version. Does that mean the show was canon with The Spectacular Spider-Man? What about Wolverine And The X-Men?

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,189 46
Sherman Oaks CA
The Spidey from EMH was supposed to be Keaton's Spidey? I knew he was supposed to voice him but I didn't know he was supposed to be the same version. Does that mean the show was canon with The Spectacular Spider-Man? What about Wolverine And The X-Men?
Both Keaton and Darran Norris were supposed to reprise their roles from Spec, along with Grey Griffin's Betty Brant who was in the episode, but were re-cast with their Ultimate Spider-Man VA's.

So even if it wasn't meant to put Spec directly in-continuity with EMH, Spidey's appearance was definitely meant to be a nod to Spec before the Powers that Be changed the VA's.

Same with Wolverine and the X-Men.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,256 8
The whole thing with Robbie Daymond's Spider-Man being used here instead of Drake Bell is probably a way to still connect the shows like how USM was when the Guardians were introduced . Though I think in order to still let the show's still stand on their own without being required to watch either one, there'd be quite a bit of exposition whenever Robbie's Peter meets up with the Guardians on their show and vice versa. I don't remember if it's true, but I think one of the articles for season 2 of Marvel's SpiderMan mentioned how Peter won't always be there in the spotlight. If there are episodes were he's absent, when he comes back from his adventures, he can get the rest of the characters up to speed so any meet ups and exposition won't be as clunky.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,189 46
Sherman Oaks CA
What I find even weirder about Robbie Daymond voicing a more USM-looking Spidey is seeing a pre-reboot Ant-Man show up.
The whole thing with Robbie Daymond's Spider-Man being used here instead of Drake Bell is probably a way to still connect the shows like how USM was when the Guardians were introduced . Though I think in order to still let the show's still stand on their own without being required to watch either one, there'd be quite a bit of exposition whenever Robbie's Peter meets up with the Guardians on their show and vice versa. I don't remember if it's true, but I think one of the articles for season 2 of Marvel's SpiderMan mentioned how Peter won't always be there in the spotlight. If there are episodes were he's absent, when he comes back from his adventures, he can get the rest of the characters up to speed so any meet ups and exposition won't be as clunky.
I think that was referring to Ock taking over Peter's body for the Superior storyline.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,189 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Two new episode titles are now showing up on the calendar from the Disney Press website for April 1st:

"I Fought the Law" at 8:00AM
"Titan Up" at 8:30AM
I feel like "I Fought the Law" has been used before, or at least feels like a title for a Guardians episode that they should've used by now :p.

"Titan Up?" I wonder if we're going to visit Titan (Thanos' homeworld)? Maybe finally see Starfox and Mentor :D?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,626 6
A Valid Location
Descriptions for the first three episodes of "Mission Breakout" are now available on Zap2It:

Mission: Breakout
SEASON 3, EPISODE 1
AIRING MAR 18, 2018
TV-Y7STEREO • CC
The Guardians must work together to escape the elaborate prisons created for them by The Collector.
Back in the New York Groove
SEASON 3, EPISODE 2
AIRING MAR 18, 2018
TV-Y7STEREO • CC
The Guardians meet up with Spider-Man in New York City to defeat Thanos' super-powered symbiote.
Drive My Carnage
SEASON 3, EPISODE 3
AIRING MAR 25, 2018
The Guardians team up with Spider-Man to battle Thanos, who has harnessed the power of the Carnage Symbiote to become the ultimate weapon.

Gold Guy

Ride On
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
Ratings
2,651 6
New York City
For some reason, the idea of Thanos donning a symbiote seems like...overkill. I hope the writers can think of a convincing way to have the heroes win, something they've struggled to do in the past.