"Marvel's Cloak and Dagger" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,957 5 1
the point of no return
Or just tv shows in general :rolleyes2:.
Well, that can always be argued as 'depends on the genre-demographic-fan-base'. Also the showrunners. Some of these series run on a shotgun basis, or some on a clear overarching methodical style. They can either make a season feel like a complete movie or a long drawn out marathon. Same goes for comics in general. Hopefully we get better writers on these series.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,151 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Well, that definitely looked like a Freeform teen drama...up until the light and energy dagger popped up :rolleyes2:.

So Tandy and Tyrone met as kids? Is that when the experiment that gave them their powers happened? Is it related to that car crashing into the sea o_O?

I'm also really curious if we're going to see them get proper costumes...

Gold Guy

Ride On
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
Ratings
2,644 6
New York City
Honestly? Hard pass for now.

My gripe with the trailer is you wouldn't know that it's a superhero property besides some select moments. Eh. Not into Riverdale-style teen drama. Maybe the next trailer will raise my interest.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,318 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
4/21: Well, in order for the MCU to stay interesting they have to at least expand on what kind of genre and demographics they experiment with. The movies have been pretty good with toying with different genres at least on the surface, Netflix as well to an extent. ABC however only had two spy shows but of course toyed with different eras in time and topics but still, just two spy shows. They had the biggest room to grow. I was relieved to see both of Freeform's titles to confirm as much.

It's also a relief to see that C&D is taking place away from NYC, LA, and DC and exploring the MCU's New Orleans. Like how Legion didn't overly rely on the X-Men roots - sort of story+characters first, universe later, I think C&D can work by not overly relying on Avengers but still tie into the greater world like the Netflix shows -- which is ironic because of the revelation there that the Hand and Roxxon are associated in drugs and in this trailer - a Roxxon billboard and I think in the Ultimate comics, Roxxon and drugs were involved in C&D's origins.

So was a car crash if I'm not mistaken. But that shot in the trailer were Tyrone sees something -- I think it was a ferry with cars on it? But is it going to work -- we'll see. The last title with 10 episodes was Agent Carter season 2 and I don't think very highly of it.

5/13: Mark Isham will score.

6/8: Rumor is Freeform already renewed C&D for a second season.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,318 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
6/8: Production Weekly revealed that Cloak & Dagger films the rest of its first season from July to October.

6/14: On Sunday, Aubrey Joseph posted a photo of himself on the roof of or near the Ritz Carlton. Looks like a shot from the trailer. Not sure if they resumed filming early or this is just him reminiscing about the pilot.

7/18: Olivia Holt interview
I am really looking forward to everyone seeing it. It’s a really honest show, and even though it’s about two superheroes, it really brings this truth behind kids who grow up in a broken home...For the audience who doesn’t know about the comic, I think they’re really going to love it. And for the audience that grew up reading the comics, I think they’re going to love it even more.
7/27: Filming resumed on July 24. They are currently at the Le Pavillon Hotel.

8/8: Filming location sign found.

8/15: Casting calls and a Laura Campbell audition video implies Father Francis Xavier Delgado and Detective Brigid O’Reilly will be appearing in a recurring role.

8/22: BTS photo with Holt and Joseph.

9/12: An instagram stumbled onto a set and posted two photos, here and here.

9/13: During New York Comic Con, Freeform will preview the show at an 'activation zone' at the corner of 11th and 37th Street from October 5-8.

9/28: Holt and Joseph say hello from the set.