"Marvel's Cloak and Dagger" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Greg91

Reporter
Dec 30, 2013
Ratings
1,765 5
Canada
Well, they still included a former Disney Channel star but it's Olivia Holt instead of Debby Ryan. I'm not familiar with Aubrey Joseph on the other hand, but I hear he's in The Night Of which I still want to watch.

I get the feeling this will be a bit different from the comic version of Cloak and Dagger, but hopefully it's still enjoyable.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,164 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Just occurred to me, I guess Mister Negative may the main villain?
If they can even use him :sweat:.

I'd imagine they'd need Sony's permission to use a Spider-rogue in anything non-Spider or movie related, unless it being on TV gives them an "out" on that front o_O.

I imagine the overarching villain(s) will probably be related to how Cloak and Dagger get their powers in this continuity :ack:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,341 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
If they can even use him :sweat:.

I'd imagine they'd need Sony's permission to use a Spider-rogue in anything non-Spider or movie related, unless it being on TV gives them an "out" on that front o_O.

I imagine the overarching villain(s) will probably be related to how Cloak and Dagger get their powers in this continuity :ack:.
Good point. I'm not that familiar with C&D's rogues either.

Magmaster12

Reporter
Dec 31, 2013
Ratings
663 3
I have a feeling they'll go the Ultimate route for this since it's Freeform and they have to nail the stupid young female teen demo. Which sucks because it missed the entire point of Cloak and Dagger which was to address teen homelessness and drug use.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,961 5 1
the point of no return
I have a feeling they'll go the Ultimate route for this since it's Freeform and they have to nail the stupid young female teen demo. Which sucks because it missed the entire point of Cloak and Dagger which was to address teen homelessness and drug use.
Yeah, this should've been on Netflix.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,341 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Hmm...I'm not sure about Freeform's normal TV production, but is 10 episodes normal? It seems a little short o_O?
I don't know but as soon as I saw it was 10 - I recalled it's set for Winter 2018 -- and made me think they could be positioning to use this show when most of their programming goes into hiatus like with Agent Carter on ABC.