Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "Panther's Rage" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Sep 25, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this Avengers Ultron Revolution episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in for a new episode of Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution, today at 8:30AM ET on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Avengers Ultron Revolution "Panther's Rage"
    Episode Debut - September 25th, 2016
    Directed by: Micah Gunnell
    Written by: Eugene Son

Despite their differences, the Avengers team up with Black Panther in order to stop the evil Klaue.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#1 RoyalRubble, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  2. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon The Christmas Cretin

Of the three New Avenger spotlights, I think I like this one the best. It's a pretty good retelling of Black Panther's origin and it was a treat to hear James Mathis as T'Challa again.

It was nice to see the secret service agent have a pay off and do other something than receive exposition.

As soon as his platform lowered, I knew Klaw was going to break out mecha armor. A pretty good fight scene, especially the indoor portion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I definitely agree that, of all the New Avengers episodes, this was probably the best and most well-rounded and I really enjoyed it. The writing was good, the action was pretty exciting and generally well-choreographed (if clunky due to the animation budget), the humor and characterization was all pretty on-point, and the show did a great job introducing the new hero :cool:.

Speaking of, this was a really strong debut for the Black Panther in my opinion. Not only did they do a do a good job of portraying the Black Panther as a cool and effective Superhero, one with skills on par with Captain America and technology and intelligence on par (or above) Iron Man's, but they also utilized the character's mythology to really enrich the episode, and those elements all integrated fairly naturally :).

T'Challa's portrayal was spot-on as the wise, cool, calculating, and noble king of Wakanda, and I like the way he played off Cap and the rest of the team in this episode despite the rocky start at the beginning. It's certainly not the same level of chemistry as he had with the EMH roster, particularly Hawkeye, but it's a serviceable take nonetheless. James C. Mathis III also falls naturally back into the role of the Black Panther, though hearing him again reminded me of the glory days of Earth's Mightiest Heroes and its voice cast...though all the VA's in this episode did a great job ;).

If I had any issues, it was probably Black Panther's costume, which was a little too bulky and over-designed compared to how Panther's suit usually looks and how the MCU suit came off in the movies. It's supposed to be a very seamless and dynamic look, and all those lines and armor bits kinda ruin that. I think Marvel Animation needs to really rethink their whole "movie designs in the cartoons" idea if said designs aren't going to look as good in animation or they don't have the budget to convey them well :shrug:.

It was really cool seeing the Dora Milaje play a decent-sized role in the episode, getting a whole action sequence where they hold their own against The Avengers, and Aneka playing a big role was a nice surprise. I also quite liked their designs, which was a really cool blend of their traditional tribal look with the technologically advanced nature of Wakanda. And you know Hawkeye's characterization is miles above his portrayal in seasons 1 and 2 when his banter with a woman is genuinely playful and not entirely at his expense :anime:.

It was easy to expect that Panther's debut would see the return of Klaw, and he was pretty well-utilized as the villain here. I'm still not sure what the heck kind of accent or voice his VA is trying to do, aside from emulating Andy Serkis, but the show did a good job of portraying him as a powerful threat against our heroes here. Though they never did explain how he went from being dissipated with Zemo to becoming whole again, and he really didn't seem like a being of pure sound in this episode, but I guess it was nice (if a little weird) seeing him in an armor that evoked his classic comic design :evil:.

It was nice to see Crossbones again, with Fred Tatasciore reprising the role from Ultimate Spider-Man, and that his characterization and portrayal was a more in-line with his appearance in USM. Though that being said, I don't think he was as well-portrayed here compared to USM, especially when he ended up getting one-upped by a selfie :rolleyes2:.

He also didn't look as good as he did in USM in my opinion, though I could see they were trying to combine his comic look with his MCU costume here, but then again who doesn't look better when animated in USM :sweat:?

At least we got to see Crossbones actually (gasp) fight Captain America :D.

• Like Like x 3
  4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty great episode. It's cool Black Panther finally made his debut on the show and I liked the way they handled him. His personality was good, as the ruler of Wakanda and how he gradually started trusting the Avengers as the episode played out. His interactions with the others were good, the fight scenes he took part in were pretty awesome and it was cool they managed to fit in some of his back-story into the episode as well. I agree his costume design was a little too weird but other than that I don't really have any complaints about his appearance here. And I'm hoping his next appearances will be at least as enjoyable as this was.

All the fights this time were good, they had some pretty great choreography and all the characters (well, at least the ones featured in the episode) got some cool moments in them. For example, Thor stopping an avalanche. Black Panther probably had a little more screen-time, but I didn't really mind. Plus it was nice seeing some older villains like Crossbones and Klaw again. I thought the latter's new armor suit was cool. The way he was defeated was kind of predictable but it worked and I liked how Black Panther beat him up afterwards.

This was probably the most enjoyable of the last couple of episodes which tried to introduce the New Avengers, even if it once again brought up pretty much the same lessons about team-work as the others. Captain Marvel's debut episode would be a close second though. I am looking forward to seeing more of these new characters in future episodes.

• Like Like x 2
    #4 RoyalRubble, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  5. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Did anyone else get a Song of Ice and Fire reference with, "Thor vs The Mountain?"

Also, did anyone get the full cast credits?

• Like Like x 4
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm interested to see what Panther's dynamic with the New Avengers team next season will be, or for the New Avengers in general, given most of their screentime so far has been with the original group.

I'm especially intrigued to see him bounce off Captain Marvel since, while T'Challa has his pride as a king, he at least seems to have a better grasp of the idea of being humble and respectful. Maybe they'll keep the Iron Man/Cap dynamic going :p?

• Like Like x 2
  7. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Here you go:

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Erica Luttrell as Aneka, I though she sounded familiar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

Who will be the leader in the next season... Black Panther or Captain Marvel? another Captain America/Iron Man situation? :p

• Like Like x 2
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Did anyone else think that T'Challa without his mask on looked almost exactly like Sam? Just with maybe a little more hair o_O?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Did anyone else think that this entire episode's final fight could have been finished in 3 seconds if they brought Vision?

Iron-Man is becoming the new Thor imo, all he does is get bodied now.

Great episode though, good fight scenes and really well done pacing.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I love how they hand waved the fact that Klaw was completely destroyed last time. Immortal doesn't even describe it, he literally reformed from NOTHING.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, he is a being of living sound, even if he doesn't look like it anymore :sweat:.

And I guess this confirms Zemo is probably still alive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I really liked that they had Thor be the one to sympathize with T'Challa and say being a ruler is a [lousy] job that requires a lot of difficult and unpleasant decision making. He'd know that better than anyone since his dad is a king.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #14 RoryWilliams, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2016
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I liked that too, especially since it's in-line with how he played off Black Bolt in the Inhumans episodes :).

And I guess if we want to try and take the continuity of the cartoon's into account, as dubiously "canon" as they are, Guardians has shown Thor having been king while Odin's been in the Odinsleep, which gives him an even better ability to emphasize with Panther and Black Bolt :cool:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I'm glad Klaw came back and got a suit similar to his classic look. It always bothered me how in Earth's Mightiest Heroes that Klaw got his sonic arm, but he never got his suit either.

James Mathis III returned as Black Panther which was pretty cool. I was surprised of all the other actors that got to return as their characters from Earth's Mightiest Heroes other than Fred Tatasciore as Hulk, they got him. But he definitely nails the character.

I enjoyed Hawkeye hitting on Anika. Seemed they were quite chummy at the end. I think they should've had them set up a date .

Overall great and really fun episode. Once again, Captain America acting more like the leader again. In fact, Iron Man got steamed at Panther and Cap basically told him to move to the backseat like a little kid.

ONCE AGAIN CAPTAIN AMERICA IS THE TRUE LEADER! Just say it already!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

I'm surprised that Klaw being alive didn't make anyone scream "ZEMO" but that's a bit too deep and continuity driven for this show.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

Well, at least he became a being of sound and didn't return as human without explanation :p there was no continuity problems there, well, one problem... we never knew who cut his arm... an Ant maybe? xD

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I'd have to go back and watch the episode. It's par for the course for these stories. Character inexplicably come back all the time. They never actually said Klaw was dead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Cap already had a feeling that they'd see Zemo again after he "disappeared," so I guess that's one reason it wasn't brought up in this episode or make a remark about Klaw's status in this episode.

Also, is this the first time we've heard "Avengers Assemble" in a while? And it's said by someone who's not even on the team yet :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1