Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars "The Vibranium Coast" Talkback (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Rate & Discuss this "Avengers: Secret Wars" episode!

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,286 4
Framingham, MA
She's a schizophrenic mutant villain with psionic powers, hence her depiction as a wacky crazy person. I think part of the reason they didn't use their powers much is there were no ants for Ant-Man to use and he was constantly losing his helmet. Also, it looks like the manacles the bad guys used negated their powers as well when they were tied up.
So why is she called Typhoid Mary?

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Ratings
1,294 4
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
So why is she called Typhoid Mary?
Her real name is Mary Walker, and she's schizophrenic. "Typhoid" is one of her violent, deranged alternate personalities that she nicknamed. Hence Typhoid Mary. As for why it's Typhoid, not exactly sure. Might be a play on the real-life Mary Mallon of the typhoid epidemic, who was historically nicknamed "Typhoid Mary."

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,286 4
Framingham, MA
Her real name is Mary Walker, and she's schizophrenic. "Typhoid" is one of her violent, deranged alternate personalities that she nicknamed. Hence Typhoid Mary. As for why it's Typhoid, not exactly sure. Might be a play on the real-life Mary Mallon of the typhoid epidemic, who was historically nicknamed "Typhoid Mary."
See, I assumed someone with the name Typhoid Mary's superpower is to spread deadly diseases at will like the two Spanish twins from Heroes. It's a weird name if diseases don't figure into her powers at all.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Ratings
1,294 4
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
See, I assumed someone with the name Typhoid Mary's superpower is to spread deadly diseases at will like the two Spanish twins from Heroes. It's a weird name if diseases don't figure into her powers at all.
I mean you'd have to ask her creators. In the Elektra movie her power was basically kissing you and sucking the life out of you, so there you go.