1. If you are seeing non-stop CMP acceptance notifications, go here and we will help you troubleshoot:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-cmp-acceptance-notice.5663692/
    If you are seeing non-stop Privacy/ToS acceptance notifications, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-privacy-terms-acceptance.5663702/
    If you are seeing threads with no posts at all, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/threads-with-no-content.5663811/
    Please note that these are separate issues. Posting in the correct thread will help us resolve the issue faster.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars "All Things Must End" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Mar 11, 2018.

?

Rate & Discuss this "Avengers: Secret Wars" episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in for a new episode of Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars, today at 9:00AM ET on Disney XD! Don't miss the 3-Part Season Finale!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars "All Things Must End"
    Episode Debut - March 11th, 2018
    Directed by - Tim Eldred

After Loki becomes the Sorcerer Supreme, the Avengers are the only thing standing between him and the domination of the universe.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

Frontier likes this.
  2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Was Ultron ever mentioned?

3. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Loki, you need to go and stay go.
    I see Odin had a spare hammer lying around. Good for Jane or whatever she’s going to go by now.
    Cute ending too. It’ll be interesting to see what the next season will be like. Could it be just as good? Maybe better? We’ll find out soon enough.
    It’s a good thing that the Black Panther Movie was a success, otherwise making a whole season with him headlining would’ve been a bad idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontier likes this.
  4. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

Can someone post detailed info of the last three episodes, please? I'm very interested in details AND to know what other zones in the map of Battleworld were revealed.

5. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Aaaagh, saw it and Ultron wasn't mentioned at all. -_-

6. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

About as exciting as one can hope for. Frankly, it was impossible to give all the members their due screentime (did Panther have any lines), but I do like that the writers/animators gave Loki his due as Sorcerer Supreme, and made him look impressive. Heck, in the end, the heroes really weren't able to truly defeat him in a battle.

Loki's final scene was actually dark....assuming he stays dead, of course. :p

I guess Thor and Jane will both keep their powers simultaneously here.

7. Lonewolf36

Lonewolf36 Active Member

Odin to Jane "I dub thee Thunderstrike" so Jane will be the new Thunderstrike

8. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars "All Things Must End"

Okay, that sucked. It would be one thing if I were merely annoyed that it turns out Loki was playing the Avengers the entire time. A sudden, spur-of-the-moment betrayal would have actually made good drama. So the series is basically taking the least interesting way out. I'd dislike the episode for it, but I wouldn't hate it. I DID hate this.

Just because it got so stupid. Why would Hulk be mad at Ant-Man for making him bigger, Wasp? He JUST made smashing things easier and more fun for him.

But my biggest objection is how badly the quips devolved.

It's basically down to:

"I'm not mad! YOU'RE mad!"

"Shut up, Loki!"

"No puppet! YOU'RE the puppet!"

And it's pretty much all downhill from there.

About the only good thing is that they actually snagged Frank Welker for Odin. At this point in his career, he cannot be cheap. So it's interesting they actually got him to reprise the role after all.

But this was just a big bucket of stupid. *.

Frontier likes this.
  9. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

And now, for the final part.

+ I saw a lot of references to "Thor - Dark World" in this movie. The "All Dark" (working as the Aether), attacking Yggdrasil, Loki usurping Odin's place, Jane Foster getting an important role... etc.

+ Hulk and Vision "Fastball Special", very nice. Even if it wasn't with Wolverine.

+ I don't see why Hulk would get mad with Ant-Man. I mean, turning Hulk into a giant to smash more easily the army was actually a very good idea.

+ Something quite weird here. Did I just saw 3 Destroyers? And one of them had Jarnbjorn stuck in it? Quite weird, as in Ultron's season, that axe appeared in Odin's vault.

+ I'm truly sure that Loki is not out at all. He's like a cockroach, always returning. I have to say, while he was covered by the ALL Dark, it reminded me Venom's symbiote, or even the Void.

+ Interesting plot, giving Thunderstrike to Jane Foster as Thor. Indeed, Eric Masterson as Thunderstrike used a mask similar to Jane Foster's as Thor. Then, we could have a "balanced" gang of thors here: Thor with Mjolnir, Eric Masterson with the axe Jarnbjorn and Jane Foster with Thunderstrike. (We also have Beta Ray Bill with Stormbreaker).

+ The last scene with all characters saying "Avengers Assemble" was epic. I only wish Spider-Man (the one from Ultimate Spider-Man) would have been here too.

Well, opinions?

Frontier and Fone Bone like this.
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This episode reminded me a lot of "A Day Unlike Any Other" from Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Just like there we have an all-powerful Loki taking over Asgard, threatening the Nine Realms, chaining up Thor, and requiring the Avengers to give their all to stop him :mad:.

About the only major difference is it took every single Avenger to fight Loki there, whereas here it was limited to just the Thors and Dr. Strange. Kinda bummed by that to be honest :sad:.

Loki having played the long con on The Avengers the whole time isn't entirely unsurprising, although it does make all his claims to be an Avenger and attempts to fit in with the team seem kind of pointless if it was all just more of Loki's lies. Though I guess his own obsession with lies consumed him in the end :ack:.

It was cool to see Odin make a return appearance, though it would've been nice to see more Asgardians appear like in EMH. But I guess the show was already straining it's budget with just every Avenger together :sweat:.

"For Asgard! For Midgard! For Myself!" That was a pretty cool reference to Simonson era Thor, even if the context was completely different :cool:.

Hulk and Vision Fastball Special? Pretty sweet :anime:.

I guess it's fitting that a finale with Loki as the main villain would devolve into Thor vs. Loki. Or Thor(s) vs. Loki. You know what I mean :p.

Once again, without much context, it's hard to be invested in Jane Foster's enmity with Loki or why Loki seems to hate her as much as he hates Thor :shrug:.

Thor grabbing Jarnbjorn was pretty cool even if it didn't seem to be that significant of a weapon as it was in the comics o_O.

I liked the touch that Thor was able to beat Loki, not by fighting him, but by forcing Loki to see the truth through the Eye of Agamotto. What better way to defeat the Prince of Lies :D?

Jeez, that was a pretty brutal end to Loki, if fittingly one of his own making :eek:.

"My best friend's an android." So I guess that confirms Bruno doesn't exist in this universe :(.

Making Jane the new Thunderstrike and having Odin give her her own hammer solves the problem of their being two Thors and lets Thor keep Mjolnir without needing to adapt a silly, drawn-out, "Unworthy" storyline ;).

Although I have a feeling we probably won't be seeing Jane again anytime soon after this finale...

This show has never really emphasized the Avengers Trinity that much so it was kind of neat to see them end on a scene of Cap, Thor, and Iron Man :).
    I'm pretty sure he had one line once the Avengers re-grouped at Avengers Mansion.

#10 Frontier, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Eugene Son shared this short scene from the script that got cut for time:

Nice bit of continuity there...

Frontier likes this.
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The fact that he said "laugh at yourself" makes me think even the writers realize how ridiculous that episode was at this point :p.

Although it would've been an amusing line nonetheless ;).

13. General Mike

General Mike Member

It was okay. Fighting Loki, even with him having the Eye of Agomoto, felt like an after thought after they beat Beyonder. Kinda like in season 2 how they defeated the Squadron Supreme, and then fought Thanos and the Black Order.

Just spitballing, but this episode would have been much better if it had been Dr. Doom in the Loki role.

Frontier likes this.
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, Loki was basically in Doom's role in the original Secret Wars, more or less.

I mean, it's not like they could've used Doom even if they wanted too...

15. General Mike

General Mike Member

well yeah, but hopefully that will change soon, whether it's in this cartoon series or future series. The Dr. Doom episodes are probably the best from season 1.